What's your favorite Concealed Carry Gun Brand? (Poll)

I would have to argue with you on this one, Tom! Definitely Sig. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ladies always first… so I’m with @Dawn on this :wink:
However I really enjoy my CZ pistol :muscle:

2 Likes

I carry the first gen Smith and Wesson shield 9mm and love it. I am loyal to Smith and Wesson because i have never had any issues with my weapons. I have shot thousands of rounds through my shield and never had a jam, stove pipe or misfire. That is shooting expensive home defense rounds every once and a while, but the majority of my ammo I run through it is the cheapest stuff I can find. It’s solid and holds up to it’s reputation.

5 Likes

glock30…small body big bang as it’s a .45…if you don’t carry a .45 then you really don’t have stopping power in my opinion.

2 Likes

@Benny2, that’s what I carry too, welcome to the group!
You’re going to find The Great Caliber Debate is alive and well (and very polite) here on the forum :smile:

1 Like

Glock 30, or Glock 41 depending on how deep I think the fecal matter is going to be.

1 Like

I carry a Taurus G2 (9mm) during the summer and a H&K USP compact (40 cal) in the winter. I had a similar experience with the Taurus a couple years ago. My wife and I were taking a handgun class and during lunch, a couple of instructors asked if anyone wanted to shoot a bit extra. I said yes and lined up with a group of others with Glocks, 1911s etc.

The targets flipped and I fired 2 shots. Dead center hits compared to the others, who mostly only got off one shot and were barely on target. After a number of repeats of this, they changed to shorter time and head shots. I consistently put my shot in the head box and was the only one who did so. Finally an instructor came over and asked what I was shooting. I showed him my G2.

I could see the disdain in the instructor’s eyes, even after I told him it is a natural pointer and that I had over 1000 rounds through it. I pointed to my target, but he still didn’t want to hear anymore. The other shooters did not have the same issue and were happy to hear more about the gun. Some people just don’t want to change!

3 Likes

I also have a Taurus G2c because here in Illinois you are almost never going to receive the firearm back after you are cleared of any wrong doings. I don’t want to lose a nice one so Taurus really is a fine reliable firearm ever since the company cleared up the couple problems several years ago. I have never pulled the trigger at a range that it didn’t go bang; of course I always use good ammunition and that has served me well.

1 Like

Lately been carrying a Beretta PX4 .45 cal . Carried 1911s, Smith & Wesson 686’s in the past .

2 Likes

I prefer the Sig 9mm. I have always preferred a Sig they just feel comfortable. The new “improved” P365 or it’s slightly bigger sister Sig P365X is getting great reviews and I can’t wait until I can get both of those for my new concealed carry guns.

2 Likes

Which Sig do you carry, @Michael316? I carry the P320SC. Love it!

I’m looking at getting the Sig 320 X-Compact next because it feels right in my hands. The 365 doesn’t fit my hand quite as well. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Community!

2 Likes

Good choice. That’s the best SIG’s pistol for self-defense in my opinion (even I love old schooled P210 [Swiss version] and P226)

3 Likes

Love the Glock 43. Conceals well for a 9mm. Know I can rely on it if, God forbid, I ever have no choice. Chose it for these reasons and the fact that I have owned another Glock for home defense and wanted a conceal gun with same trigger. The only downside of the G43 is 6+1 capacity, which I have upgraded to 7+1 with Pearce grip extensions.

2 Likes

1911 colt also a Springfield xdm in 40

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome. I carry the Sig P290RS 9mm. I believe the P290RS has been discontinued. I don’t think it was very popular gun but I like it and it has an identical little sister in the P290 .380 version, which I think is kinda cute…

1 Like

HK45 or HK P30

2 Likes

Heh knew I liked you for a reason Zee. I EDC a 4th gen Glock 30, home pistol with light and laser is Glock 41.

1 Like

sig p365 with 12 rnd clip…this thing is incredibly compact for being .9mm…just bought it 2 wks ago and do not regret it. previously carried my glock 30 which has now being transferred to home security, will continue to carry from time to time though

2 Likes

Howdy and welcome @Roger30!

2 Likes

I carried a Springfield Range Officer Compact for quite awhile, and you honestly get used to the Condition 1. I would practice drawing mine (empty of course), and the first thing I did as I drew it from the holster was to take it off safe and keep my index finger to the side of the gun.

1 Like