What's the worst advice you've ever gotten?

Yeah, I lost a lot of confidence in him as a trainer at that point.

1 Like

You also got a bullseye when you shot the .300 win mag.

2 Likes

Exactly! Guess I don’t ever have to shoot that again! :woman_shrugging: :smile:

3 Likes

Guns are evil! I heard it from Nancy Pelosi

3 Likes

Hey Dawn Was that Someone Named Diane Feinstein ? I couldn’t resist. That’s what she has said on different occasions giving speeches to her Lap Dog Followers.

2 Likes

Worst I’ve ever heard wasn’t to me but to my wife.
“Just point it in their direction close your eyes and pull the trigger”.
She trained for a while single dominant and now helping her with both eyes open.
Gotta say the stuff available in the members areas has been great in helping us both be better, smarter and safer armed Americans. So gotta give props to USCCA for some GREAT material.

3 Likes

“Sir, I thank you for being here, but this is Trump’s America and no one in this class needs USCCA. Our president protects us”…

2 Likes

@Jack… ok…
Response time on my EDC… about two seconds.
Response time on USCCA… about 10 minutes.
Response time on a sheriff… about 3 hours.
Response time on the POTUS… er… about never.
:woman_facepalming:
Love the confidence but still going with :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I laughed at that one. There is scientific proof that men lose prefrontal cortex activity when they are around pretty women, in plain language, they act retarded (I don’t like that word very much). After 20 years of firearms instructing on a daily basis I’ve seen it proven true over and over.

5 Likes

“Two to the chest, one to the head”.

Great way to end up in prison and bankrupt.

4 Likes

I’ve got some 300 Rum’s and 375 Rugers you can try next time you want a real challenge. :wink:

2 Likes

“Weapons of War have no place on our streets”.

They aren’t weapons of war, they are weapons of self defense in the hands of warriors.

And the ever popular, “You don’t need to own firearms, the police will protect you”.

6 Likes

When I took Rob Pincus’ Combat Focus Shooting course, they made a really good argument for the best defensive firearm to be a striker-fired 9mm. Some of their arguments included:

• Today’s 9mm defensive rounds have ballistic characteristics that carry about the same impact as .45 (smaller bullet but higher speed and good HP rounds spread out about the same)
  • You can carry more cartridges in a 9mm magazine than in a .45 (16 rounds in my Springfield XD versus 8 in my Sig P220).
  • No hammer to get potentially hung on clothing as you are drawing the firearm.

While I do sometimes carry a 9mm, I most often carry a Sig P220 .45 because it is simply the handgun I love the most. But reading your “9mm? Are you trying to protect yourself or look cute?” comment, I was reminded that Jeff Cooper once said that any caliber was OK as long as it had both a 4 and 5 in it…

1 Like

Does anyone remember “rack your slide” guy?

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
there are more “brilliant” ideas made by VODA Consulting (the guy in the car)…

Two weeks ago, I was having range day with daughter and her roommates. An African American couple were 2 booths down from us and I can hear the guy teaching the young woman how to shoot. Which is great except I think he learned how to shoot from a movie. I’ve got the young ladies with me dialed in pretty well. So I drift over to watch. He is holding the gun one handed SIDEWAYS and is unloading at 5 yards as fast as he can. He hit paper 2 times.

The girls were shooting at 10 yards and putting everything in the 9 or bullseye, I had even heard the young lady, ask about how well the girls were doing in comparison.

I finally was like excuse me ma’am could I give you a few pointers to go with the gentleman’s suggestions. I explained this was the second time 2 of the 3 girls had ever shot and was the 3rd time for the other.

So I showed her proper grip, and stance, sight picture, 4 basic rules of gun safety. After that she started putting all her rounds on paper in the torso. Then the guy was like I bet you $20 if we move it out to 20 yards I can outshoot you to the lady he was with. He moves it out to 20 yards and Blazes away. Misses them all. The lady put 10 rounds on the target and told him he owed her $200 and he said no I said I bet $20 I could put more not $20 per round.

As we are leaving the lady comes up and thanked me and asked if I did instruction I referred her to the USCCA, then after they left ,my friend who was lead RSO, came up and said he was glad I had showed her some things as he had been about to take them off the line.

The boyfriend even came up and asked about instruction. Again referred to USCCA.

PS for those who might be wondering how I can hear to give instruction when on the line I have noise cancelling headphones.

10 Likes

I guess having the police protect us will be out the window if the crazies get their way!

3 Likes

That’s AWESOME, @Zavier_D! I know a lot of couples where the guy tries to teach the girl (even if the guy is really good and knows his stuff) and it just doesn’t work. Sometimes you need someone from the outside to teach. And sometimes the “teacher” needs to be taught better skills.

2 Likes

Worst advise hmmm :thinking:

(1) Don’t carry
(2) You don’t need a permit :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Worst advice I remember right now:

“You don’t need a holster for a sub-compact, just stick it in your pocket, your pocket IS a holster” :-1:

Edit: Just in case someone comes across this post and doesn’t understand, pocketing or de-pocketing an uncovered trigger provides a great opportunity for you to shoot yourself in the leg or foot. In addition, just carrying an uncovered trigger in any fashion provides a good risk of negligent discharge that you don’t know when it might happen nor where it might go.

6 Likes