What would you do: Car accident

I have often thought about this scenario and I would do the same as Darrin.

1 Like

@Zee. It might be for an EMT whose not firearms trained. Most likely they will have an officer secure it.

Andrew Collins, NRP

1 Like

Tell responding police or ambulance personnel I have a licensed concealed carry weapon and allow them to secure it before we leave the scene. Call my lawyer.

2 Likes

My brother was in exactly this situation, except the car in front of him was a cop and he stopped far enough away that the impact did not push him into the officers car. The policeman saw the accident occurring and checked on my brother before chewing out the offending driver. My brother had to go to the hospital, so he told the officer he was armed and he offered to take it to the police station. He did this and a couple days later picked it up without incident. The shocking thing is that all of this happened in ILLINOIS and he didn’t get any hassle!
I have a small gun safe in my car, which is good if it’s not going to be impounded or towed and you only have minor issues which will not require hospitalization. If the accident is serious enough, you will have to notify the authorities to secure it and hope you’re in a friendly town/county/state.

2 Likes

If I am conscious I would inform the police, fireman or Ambulance personal that I am a legal firearm carrier and that I have a loaded firearm in my ?_
pocket. If either decides to secure it, I would ask for their name, business card and/or a receipt. I don’t want it to go missing. If my wife or someone else is in the car and they are a licensed to carry, I will leave it with them. If I could reach the safe inside my car, I could secure it in it until I or a family member could retrieve it.

1 Like