What was your first car?

Oh I think young, and then proceed to act accordingly (oftentimes sore and stiff afterword though😏). Did 550 miles on my Triumph Tiger XRT last week, and could have done some the next day w/o issues (too hot though😊). Buddy is trying to get me to go with him on the TAT and I probably will next spring.

2 Likes

1965 Dodge Dart.

1 Like

Sorry. Missed key. 1966 Dart. I’m mot that old.
My dad bought that car used in 67 to have something better to drive to the 1967 world’s fair in Montreal than his 1951 Ford. He didn’t want to take my mom’s new Olds. It’s a long trip from SC.
He grumbled when he had to pay $500 for a used car even though it was virtually new. He had Lynn Cooper, our hometown Dodge, Olds, and Rambler dealer where we bought all our cars, add a/c, and it blew cold. He had a deflector made for the outlet vents so it wouldn’t freeze me in the back seat.
I got that car in 1969 and started modding it. I painted it twice and loved that car. I pulled my 1955 Thompson mahogany speedboat with it. I have very fond memories with that car.
You can’t get that quality today!

1 Like

4 door 1972 Chevy Nova three on the tree

1 Like

‘57 Chevy, 283, 3 on the tree

2 Likes

My 1st car was a 1990 Geo Prism. It was pewter in color but I called it the “copper kid.” I was young :laughing:

2 Likes

'77 Datson truck was what I had when I got my license, had a half dozen other rigs from age 11 till 16.

Ran that thing till it only ran on 1/4 cylinders and 3/4 at high RPM…

2 of my 3 vehicles are the vehicles I really want the other is nice and was my Grandmothers but I would really prefer to have a solid truck in its place.

3 Likes

1966 GTO, with a 421 bored .0040, with a 4-speed.Was working part time before and after school and weekends. Remember I had 40.00 per month car payment. Man, I sure miss that car.

3 Likes

My parents had one of those. Not sure what engine, possibly a 390, but dad traded it after the 3rd time the trans had to be rebuilt in 4 years (C4?).

1 Like