What to get 1st

I Know, I know. One of my kids NEEDED my 870 for birds so I borrowed it to him, he liked it so much, he loved it, he cared for it, he nurtured it, I just couldn’t take it from it’s happy new home. I’m looking at some thing like this:

2 Likes

Shotguns are great and if they are what you personally are most proficient with, go for it (probably with buckshot for HD). Myself I have a Benelli M4 with a micro red dot sight, Surefire, sling, mesa tactical pistol grip shoulder stock, and sidesaddle…plus a 6 shot one piece titanium mag tube I need to get the guts to swap in. Loaded with Hornady Critical Defense buckshot and a Cylinder choke for super tight groupings.

…but my preferred HD long arm is still my 14.5" pinned and welded AR in 5.56. Lighter, shorter, better (IMO) safety, higher capacity, lower recoil, similar wall penetration, more accurate, more useful range, easier to shoot quickly and transition for multiple threats.

3 Likes

A fine firearm, but, I’ve got to get me on of those sawed off, double barrel, pistol grip ones you wear in a holster. You know, for those days I feel like open carry.

3 Likes