What to do when a Cop pulls you over

Depending on the Police Officer when you get pulled over some cops want you to let them know that you have a conceal carry permit. Some don’t so how do you approach this situation without having to worry? I have an experience with being pulled over once with my brother, and we both have concealed carry permits. I stayed with both hands in sight so the officer can feel at ease. The other thing to keep in mind is don’t say anything unless you are asked a question by the officer. In other words use the “KISS” method keep it simple stupid. Sometimes we tend to put our own foot in our mouth when we talk without being asked to, so just relax and do what the officer says and everything will be alright. If anyone has any other ideas to help me see other ways to act when being pulled over by a cop please share thank you.

3 Likes

“What to do…”
#1 don’t do anything stupid.
#2 see # 1

7 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is that some states have a “Duty to Inform” law that requires you to let the Officer know. You can check your state specifically on the Reciprocity Map under the “Key Laws” section.

7 Likes

I have a lead foot and it will occasionally get me in trouble. My standard actions are-
Hazards on
Pull as far over as possible
Windows down
Engine off
Wallet in my lap so as not to fumble in the pocket
When I see the officer approach, remove hat & sunglasses, place hands on wheel.
Remember your manners!
More often than not I get a warning & sent on my way. My carry permit is behind my DL if that comes up or I am in a DTI state.
It also helps that my state prints “VETERAN” on the top of my DL :crazy_face:

2 Likes

With the popularity of window tint, even the stock tint on most rear SUV windows, rolling down ALL windows can help to create a ‘friendlier’ stop.

2 Likes

I Aggrevate the ■■■■ out of them like I would an old friend, most of the time they laugh at me and tell me to slow down and leave.

1 Like

I am in a DTI state plus my ECHP is connected to my drivers license and veterans plates. If I am pulled over I do the same all the time. Crack the driver’s side window give drivers license and permit at the same time, all in every stop ask what the permit is and hand it right back and thank me for my stance on2A.
Never asked where or if weapon/weapons are. I am treated a great deal better now that I carry with a permit and it shows up when they run my plates, I just try not to get to comfortable just in case the time comes if I get pulled over by that one cop with a S on there chest.

5 Likes

No different than the rest of us, and I definitely met more than my fair share of those in my youth.

1 Like

I went to get a friend their CCP in the Seattle Police Department and when we went to unload our pockets the Police Officer told me I could put my gun on the tray. He saw I was a Veteran and I believe he was joking but, I thought it was funny how he responded to it. I replied to him that I am the weapon but I left my tools in my car safe. He laughed.

2 Likes