What old-school TV show would you bring back?

Get Smart the Shoe Phone!!!

4 Likes

Not to be confused with Dick Tracyā€™s wrist phone!
Like night and day, but seems technology had taken a ā€œstepā€ backwards.

1 Like

The Honeymooners

2 Likes

4 Likes

AS a kid it was
Brady Bunch
Gilliganā€™s Island
My 3 Sons

1 Like

Dr. Who the Tom Baker years
Dukes of Hazzard
Original Battlestar Galactica
Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins
Gun Smoke
Hardcastle and McCormick
Star Trek
Chico and the Man
Sanford and Son
Sid and Marty Croft Sunday morning programs (Sigmund the Sea Monster, Run Joe Run, Far out Space Nuts, etc)
Ghost Busters original: Spencer Tracey and Kong

2 Likes

It seems this generation missed it by ā€œthatā€ much!
Maybe some should have taken advantage of the ā€œcone of silenceā€.
What happen to Gilligans Island?
What we really need is a good Perry Mason moment!

Talent that just canā€™t be reproduced. All the shows, plus, that havenā€™t been mentioned should never attempt to be brought back. I want to remember them as they were! Anyone attempting to revise these precious shows would be total disrespect!

5 Likes

ā€œJust one more thingā€ @Buddha-In-The-Sun , if All in the Family were brought back, they would all be arrested and thrown in solitary along with the QAnon Shaman!

1 Like
5 Likes

Wild West because nothing was too crazy for their stories.

2 Likes

All that is true!! All in the family and the Jefferson gave us a lesson in being tolerant and how to have empathy. Our society/culture has changed. Not for the better.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Mash and ATeam. I could names a few others but for the magic of modern TV it seems they never went away

4 Likes

Ever watch The Came Bronson?

1 Like

A-Team! Can you imagine being such a good shot that you get everything done you need to get done with out harming a soul! Incredible! Unlike the storm troopers who couldnā€™t hit anything ever! Also, Star Trek Next Generation, engage! Avatar The Last Air Bender was good too.

TRUE >> you can watch all most any old tv shows and old movies. I get two tv channels that have : The three stooges, little rascals, the Cisco kid, the rifle man , rawhide and, I watch gun smoke & wagon train, the Andy Griffin show every day. The oldies have a real message and also have big name movie stars just starting out. Gun smoke one of my favs had Burt Reynolds as the black smith. Another reason I like the old westerns is because of the love I have for horses and they are groomed to the tenth.
PS: Iā€™m a old school Guy in a high tech world. I retired from a Design Engineering position, but I like Gun Smoke, maybe cause I never forgot where I came from, started out digging ditches.
Truly
BLACKY

1 Like

Most of these shows are still on in one form or another. Thereā€™s nothing Hollywood loves more than copycatting something successful. The only successful shows/movies which donā€™t get copied are the ones that were so distinctive or unique, either in premise, cast, or production, that any decent recreation would end up being sued for plagiarism and copyright infringement.

Battlestar Galactica? - Wagon Train in space. (Shows like this go all the way back to Homerā€™s ā€œOdesseyā€)
Friends? - Big Bang Theory, Seinfeld.
Paladin? - Leverage, Revenge Inc., The Equalizer, The A-Team, Quantum Leap, etc., maybe even Star Trek.
Honeymooners? - The Flintstones, King of Queens, Two Broke Girls.

Just a few off the top of my head.

2 Likes

They redid this a few years back. I actually liked the remake.
That said, me and my son are working our way through the original series on Netflix.

I didnā€™t think that the remake was terrible either, but todayā€™s audience wouldnā€™t bite.

1 Like

The canā€™t handle The Hoff(I know he only did a couple of cameos).