What not to do!

You are right. The scary part is that we only know about the reported domestic violence. We do not know how many people are being battered at home and, since they are staying inside, know one knows it is happening. I read a story last night about a 6 year old locked in a shed since schools closed in March. Most of my neighbors i have seen and spoken with. But one house, I have only seen folks briefly. I do not believe anything has happened but I do not know. We just don’t see them and that’s the new normal.

3 Likes

My client is on pretrial diversion. When he completes diversion the case will be dismissed and he can apply to have it expunged 60 days later. During the diversion period, he cannot possess any firearms.

My client also needed stitches in his thumb.

3 Likes

That is truly heartbreaking and I am sure there are more stories like this that we are not hearing about.

2 Likes

It is ironic that it is called PTSD and it is not discriminatory when it is used and in WW1 and WW11 it was called shell shock from the Massive non stop shelling and then Korea/Vietnam it was called ( THE 1000 YARD STARE )and it mainly the Military that had the problem due to continuous Combat

3 Likes

Thanks, Mike

Larry

2 Likes

Here’s something scary! He is NOT my client!

oh geeze!, crazy people everywhere

2 Likes

Came across something similar in Nam we were the closest to the area in Cambodia and got a call a SGT and a LT were
captured by the VC and 10 of us tracked them down but had already left and left the prisoners and had skinned them alive and were bleeding out and would not survive until the chopper arrived so we did the mercy thing,they there were 5 of them 2men and 3 women and the women were the ones that did it and they were begging for us to make the pain go away,after they were at peace we just looked at one another and started tracking them,found them eating about 10 miles and we captured them,made the men dig 3 holes,then took care of the men,then blooded the women and put them in holes where the ant beds were and covered them up with only their heads showing.That might seem to be cold blooded and heartless,but they were prisoners and they tortured them for fun,we called it justice.

2 Likes

@Layton, thank you for your service. I’m sorry to hear about your fellow warriors. I’m sure there were even more horrendous stories than yours. It’s folks like you that keep us safe and I profoundly appreciate your service and the sacrifice of all those that keep us safe.

1 Like

Thank you sir It is an honor to hear your words,for years I would not respond to questions about where I served,because when I was discharged at Travis Air Force Base,as I exited the base in class A uniform I was screamed at and called a baby killer and then spit on,and I tell you it was VERY hard to not take her permanently,but the rational was that I was in the US and they had that right and that was why she is still living to this day !

3 Likes

You’re a bit older than me and I was a bit to young to see how you men were treated upon your return first hand, but reading accurate history on it, you guys were and are heroes. And just as I never forget the bad I never forget the heroes.

If you come down to Texas, I owe you a big ass Texas Roadhouse steak, thanks again man!

2 Likes

It has been said many times the men that keep telling war stories may not ave been the men that actully haf to do the deeds that were needed done. I stand in silence for the men and women of the armed forces that never returned from their tour. I respect and hold the warriors of this country in the highest esteem. For many of the Nam soliders this was their first trip away from home and for some it was their last trip.
You are the reason I fly the Flag of the USA and will always respect you and the others.

Semper Fi

Larry

3 Likes

LOL,I am in Texas born and raised here All Texan 100%I am in Humble Tx, Atascosita in fact.

3 Likes

That you Larry!
I am really fortunate that I did survive,sadly my teammate didnt just because we both screwed up and a momentary lack of being alert cost both of us and to this day I have never forgot the momentary loss of alertness and to this day I am alert at all times,my wife before she passed and children and grandchildren will not touch me when I am asleep because I come up fighting,they stand at the door and talk me until I wake up,it is just ingrained in my memory,I hate that is is that way but it is and has been automatic,One thing I did lean over there is to be never emotional with any thing I had to do over there do what I had to do to survive and it is the same today.

5 Likes

You would have to bite a finger at the joint to take it off, see a lot of these in the medical field. If the whole hand, or several finger are in the mouth then it would be tough to do. Humans don’t have jaws like Rockweilers.

2 Likes

Never have understood that term “New Normal”. To me it imply’s acceptance of loss of rights. Will the new normal be loss of self protection or the right to decide what goes in our body’s whether it be vaccine or chip to ensure compliance. Acceptance is defeat and that is not on the table for me.

2 Likes