What new gun do you want to try?

welcome to the group @pcloth2 - is the Advocate a revolver model? I’m looking at the S&W Governor .

After watching a lot of reviews and videos I would really like to try an AR chambered in either 458 socom or 50 Beowulf. They look like a lot of fun.

1 Like

@Spence I saw a 50 Beowulf on … Armslist? Gunbroker? … a couple months ago. Tried to tempt my husband with it but it was a lot of money for something that’s a couple bucks a bang.

Chiappa Rhino, Taurus 692.

1 Like

I would like to get in to hog hunting, it’s my understanding these were designed for just that purpose.

1 Like

I have the Henry in .357 mag. Sweet gun. Just warning you, if you shoot it, you’ll probably HAVE to buy it.

1 Like

here you go @Spence … in your choice of colors :smiley:
Bronze: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/832923576
Desert: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831292017
Basic Black: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831290743
OD Green: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831290233

and cool as they are, here’s why we’re not buying one: $30-50 for a 20-round box :money_mouth_face:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/830697819

if money were no object though… :thinking:

1 Like

Rex Zero 1 for me. Really curious about this gun. I follow the don’t buy until your shoot it rule but this ones tempted me to break that rule for a long time now.

1 Like

The CZP10C subcompact. Can’t wait to try that out. If it is anything like the full size, it will be tuff to beat.

1 Like

Now that I got my Kel-Tec Sub 2000, as much as I don’t really like Glocks (striker), I’m considering getting a glock as I’m putting together a handgun carbine backpack and I’d like them to have interchangeable mags.

The 2 I’m considering is a Glock 19 or a Glock 17 Long Slide.

I get the G17L is going to be big, I will carry whichever from time to time as I do all of them for practice for consistency in all my carry positions with the various handguns.

I already have a sub-compact, midsized, full sized, a G17L I think would be a good paring for a backpack gun that has interchangeable mags with Kel-Tec.

If I can find one at a reasonable price, I’ll probably go for it instead of one of the smaller Glocks.

Thoughts?

1 Like

That’s good to hear, Samuel 1. I have had my eye on a Henry for a while. I haven’t had the opportunity to shot one yet. By the looks of the Henry, the details went into the workmanship of that rife. I dig the large loop ( like Lucas McCains rife :grin: The Rifeman) It’s Also made in the USA.

1 Like

Samuel 11, I like the brass on the rife too.

1 Like

The Kel-Tec Sub 2000 uses the 9mm glock mags?
Consider what it is you want from your handgun. Between the G19 and G17 long slide, both will give you reliability and accuracy. The long slide will give you a bit better accuracy at distances but the G19 will weigh a bit less and be more concealable.

What are your criteria for selecting a handgun?

I have to admit, I like the looks of the Springfield Armory Hellcat. I may see about getting one.

@Zee

Yes, I picked the Kel-Tec that uses glock mags as the are rather common, inexpensive, and can be found in many capacities.

Holster I will use will likely be a blackhawk serpa OWB.

Weight is not a big issue for me, my P95 is listed as heavier.

The biggest criteria, it uses the same mags as the carbine.

I got to handle a long slide glock awhile back, thought it was neat and thought if I ever get a glock, I’d seriously consider a long slide version.

Granted the long slide model, better accuracy at range for a pistol to take with the carbine into the woods.

I’d likely carry the glock through the winter in my getting used to carrying it and being familiar and practiced.

Recap, criteria, uses same mags as the carbine and I liked a long slide I got to hold awhile back. (While it would be carried with a factory mag, I’d likely work how practical it would be to carry a extra two 33rd mags)…

1 Like

I got the version with 15rd mags with a shorter grip to be more compact as it can handle the shorter mags and the longer mags as well.

1 Like

I carry the Glock G30 compact and sometimes the full sized G21 ( both .45ACP caliber). The G21 is not easy to conceal but it does work in the carry corset. Pretty sure I wouldn’t be happy trying to conceal anything with a longer nose, so that’s something to consider if you plan to be CC.

A Henry steel carbine in .357 is a really nice handling rifle. Mine is my “go to” rifle here at home (on our farm). There are few situations where 10 rds of .357 would not fully resolve the issue. We have a pretty serious populations of ‘yote’s here and a .357 will drop one in his tracks. Easy to hit with out to 100 yards or so. Big loop is nice BUT don’t try to spin cock ANY lever gun. Yeah, I know Lucas McCain and John Wayne did, But you’re not them, their rifles had blanks, and you WILL shoot something (maybe yourself) if you try😏.

3 Likes

Thanks for the Safety tip​:joy:, I wasn’t even thinking about spinning the Henry around to cock it, your right it’s not a good idea. I like the large loop for my large hands, especially; if I wear gloves… I am glad to here it’s your go to rife, so that helps me decide when it’s time for me to buy one, I know I am buying a good rife… :thinking:I was thinking a 44mag or maybe maybe now a .357 mag

1 Like

it,s a tie between 2( two) new ones both 1911’s ;the first a gun crafters version in 50 GI the second a Kimber custom 2 in 10mm I have a 10 already and really like it. ,but am very curious about the 50 GI.

1 Like