What is your religion and why?

Hi Randall,
I do appreciate and respect your response. There’s nothing wrong in your belief system. Having much of my experience founded in Christianity, I understand where you’re coming from.

Here’s my thoughts, I promise that I’m not trying to insult your faith or anything of that matter. This is strictly my opinion. When I think about the New Testament, the four Gospels are the only books that truly matter because they directly chronically the life of Christ. To me. Of the four Gospels, John is the only place where you see any direct reference to Jesus being God. The other three Jesus sets himself apart from God and I believe in Mark he even chastises Simon for calling him “good.” He says that he is not good that only God is good. In Mark’s depiction of Jesus, Jesus is not God and only the Son. We’re left with three books that dont recognize Jesus as being God and Judaism does not recognize Jesus as being the Mesiah or God or even the Son of God. Islam recognizes him as the Mesiah of God but I dont recall believing in Jesus being a pre-requisite for the afterlife. I believe that praying to Jesus in such a manner is actually a sin in Islam. When. I mentioned earlier that there are no resolutions to my questions, this is one example of why.

Sure, we need to take the good with the bad. That also doesn’t indicate that God is actively involved in our lives. As early as Genesis we see that humans have free-will to do as we wish, which includes those that are evil. When we have children starving to death in this world, women and children being sold as sex slaves, it’s very hard to believe that God would just let this ■■■■ go. Just my belief.

A good friend of mine found Christ after having an issue with drugs. He turned his life around and is doing well. I’ve met alcoholics that turned their lives around without that belief system. There’s nothing wrong with either. What matters is that people live a better life and treat their loved ones better and repair what they’ve damaged.

4 Likes

That is not and ATF badge. This is
download
Unlike some, I have no problems with the ATF. They have a hard job and do it well. But, no one said Thank-You. Thy just like to give them down the road. But I’m saying Thank-You, for the Job will done. One more thing all Law Enforcement officer take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the USA and are 2nd rights. You need to stop listening to the NRA and everybody like them, I have heard it for as long as I can remember and the NRA and others have made a lot of money from are fear, that ATF is going to step in and take away are 2nd right. ( DON’T BUY IT. ) PS: Federal Law (HR-4827 Law # 106-547)

4 Likes

Just about all the God’s have a base in Sun Worship. If you want your bible to make some sense just take out God and but in Sun. Egypt Worship the Sun as their mean God and all the others were star celestialtion that the soul had to travel throw to get to the Elysian Fields, their Heaven. The ten commandment comes right out of The Egypt Book of the Dead. And the book of Revelation is full of star celestialtion in the night sky. Sorry no end time their. Egypt started in Virgo and was in Taurus in the star celestialtion that’s recorded in the bible , Moses was the Aries in the star celestialtion and Jesus was the age of pisces. And were now in the Age of Aquarius. the time of Jesus return is when we get back to pisces are the two fish and each age is 2,300 years long, some say 2,400 years. I could say a lot more but I’m not going to write a book. Have a great day and long life. Now everybody is mad at me. The truth hurts! PS: remember the fish everyone put on the back of cars, it was not christianity it was pagan religion.

1 Like

1. Matthew presents Jesus as the Jewish Messiah , the fulfillment of Old Testament hopes.

2. Mark portrays him as the suffering Son of God , who offers himself as a sacrifice for sins.

3. Luke’s Jesus is the Savior for all people , who brings salvation to all nations and people groups.

4. In John, Jesus is the eternal Son of God , the self-revelation of God the Father.

Having four gospels gives us a deeper, more profound understanding of who Jesus is and what he did.

2 Likes

Maybe if ATF will get the guns Shreveport Police took like a thief in the night it would help me regain faith in law enforcement.

2 Likes

This is actually where you need to be.

This is the acceptable year of the Lord!

The LORDS arm is not to short where it can’t save!

2 Likes

But the Son of God (Jesus) well… He borrowed a grave that’s the difference.

Do you know he was seen by over 500 after he got up from the grave and dwelt on earth 40 and then on 50th that’s when the Holy Ghost came.

66 books 40 different authors most never meeting but relaying prophetic word that came true proves Gods word.

Did you know time is built on Christ… Obviously you do… A.D. B.C.

Did you know Jerusalem is exactly in the middle of earth.

Did you know scientist have linked our DNA down to 8 people (The Ark)

2 Likes

Where are the points made in each Gospel, chapter and verse?

But again, you’re referring to a book written of which the copies our religious historians have were not written by anybody in Jesus’s time. There is more than enough proof that stories have been altered. For example, the story of the sinning woman in John that the crowd wanted stoned. It wasn’t in the earliest writings of John, it was added later by a scribe.

Not to mention, Judasim and Islam dont agree with any of it. You’re basing that belief on once source which a highly problematic source at best. It’s okay to believe in what you believe in but there’s nothing that can be cited either of the three main religions that any specific religion is the one true religion.

2 Likes

@Jason148,

Facts:

a. Judaism and Islam actually believed in the only God. Except, Abrahams son with Sarah Isacc received the blessing and Ishmeal did not. Ishmael created Islam just like God said he would… Go read.

b. Historians and Theolgians alike is able to prove Jesus existed in history

C**.—>** The Bible has many witnesses who wrote the inspired word of God. The Koran was one man who went in the woods and was high on hallucinations.

Line C is my main point. All the religious books wrote Bible not included had an author of ONE (1)

Who believes one person?

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

St. John 5:39

D. Jesus is not in grave like other "prophets "

2 Likes

Try and keep it nice Randall, I’ve read and am well aware of the story of Abraham and what happened with Ishmael.

RE A: That’s part of my point, Jews don’t believe Jesus is God, the son of God, or the Messiah. They disagree with Christianity. Islam actually believe Jesus is the Messiah of God and gives us our third birth narrative of Jesus. But they don’t believe he’s God or the Son of God. You have a total lack of agreeance on who Jesus is. If Judaism referenced Jesus as the Messiah, then we could make a reasonable assumption that early Christian scribes mixed up the word Messiah for Son.

RE B: I never debated the existence of Jesus. There are also two very brief extra-canonical references to Jesus which further supports his existence. Not to mention the Koran’s reference to Jesus.

RE C: None of the witnesses of the Four Gospels wrote the New Testament. One, Jesus’s followers were illiterate, there’s even such a reference in Acts. The copies of the Gospels are copies of copies of copies with the earliest pages appearing around the second century I believe. And those earliest copies weren’t a nicely bound copy of the NT but rather a random passage here, a quarter of a page there. The Book of John which is where we see specific call-outs to Jesus being God didn’t show up to like the year 800 I believe. There’s plenty of evidence showing copying errors by early scribes as well, there are books on that topic alone.

RE One Person: Outside of the four Gospels, Paul is considered the greatest Apostle for many reasons. His influence on the expansion of Christianity was incredible. However, at least from my point of view, he wasn’t present with Jesus. He started writing approximately 25-years after Jesus died because of a vision. He was often at odds with Peter, which is called out as well. The Gospel of Peter talks about this as well. Lastly in reference to not a singular writer, Matthew and Luke are believed to be largely based on the author of Mark (not actually Mark). In many ways, the four Gospels are a singular source.

Again, believe what you want religiously; there’s nothing wrong with it. Religion is good for many reasons. But there is no over-arching evidence to support a singular religion being the ONE religion.

1 Like

I know why we can get along, too much inbreeding. And with just 8 people from the Ark where all brothers and sister. LOL !

2 Likes

When I say, believe in one God, the only true God. Orthodox Jews don’t believe Jesus was Messiah.

But before Moses was Jesus. He is the manifested Word of God, God’s beloved son, God is Jesus and Jesus is God. The Father is one with the Son.

Jesus is Yeshua, great I am, Jehova Jirah, Jehova Nessy Prince of Peace, mighty counselor and I could keep going lol

You are very correct with a lot of biblical references.

1. Luke the physician and did not witness the crucifixion was nor alive at the time. He wrote his 15-25/years after using the story told to him by memory

2. Matthew was the tax collector Jesus saved which being a Roman Tax Collector you must be able to read and write… Assuming he was beheaded I believe in Ethiopia for preaching the gospel

3. John was the only one who not only was there when Jesus was on the cross but also the only one who died natural causes on the island of pimas. That is where he wrote the most.

Who knows though. Paul wrote 85%/of new testament, yes while in chains. Before Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus he was a Pharisee that persecuted Christians

Paul called out Peter in Antioch because Peter believed that eating gentile food offered to idol gods would make God mad therefore he wanted to keep the gospel hidden to all except jews but there is no longer jew or gentile but all one in Christ. Peter often was caught in the Law Jesus freed them from even at one point, Peter preached circumcision and Paul again reached out to Peter correcting him.

therefore. Paul said the following in Galatians ch. 3 to the church in Galatia

God Approves of Those Who Believe:

1 You stupid people of Galatia! Who put you under an evil spell? Wasn’t Christ Jesus’ crucifixion clearly described to you? 2 I want to learn only one thing from you. Did you receive the Spirit by your efforts to live according to a set of standards or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you that stupid? Did you begin in a spiritual way only to end up doing things in a human way? 4 Did you suffer so much for nothing? ! 5 Does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you through your efforts or through believing what you heard?

6 Abraham serves as an example. He believed in God, and that faith was regarded by God to be his approval of Abraham. 7 You must understand that people who have faith are Abraham’s descendants. 8 Scripture saw ahead of time that God would give his approval to non-Jewish people who have faith. So Scripture announced the Good News to Abraham ahead of time when it said, “Through you, all the people of the world will be blessed.” 9 So people who believe are blessed together with Abraham, the man of faith.

10 Certainly, there is a curse on all who rely on their efforts to live according to a set of standards because Scripture says, “Whoever doesn’t obey everything that is written in Moses’ Teachings is cursed.” 11 No one receives God’s approval by obeying the law’s standards since “The person who has God’s approval will live because of faith.” 12 Laws have nothing to do with faith, but, “Whoever obeys laws will live because of the laws he obeys.”

13 Christ paid the price to free us from the curse that God’s laws bring by becoming cursed instead of us. Scripture says, “Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.” 14 Christ paid the price[⌋]so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to all the people of the world through Jesus Christ and we would receive the promised Spirit through faith.
[/quote]

1 Like

@Justin47 After a life time of being exposed to a particular Religion I have become interested in Buddhism. I guess what matters is to Believe in something,
especially if it doesn’t require financing.
PS: may LAKSHMI bless you.

3 Likes

I was just reading through some of this 2-year-old thread and I was reminded why I always tell people my religion is “None of your business.”

Seems like people who want to talk about religion are usually looking for an argument. It’s almost as bad as 1911 vs Glock.

3 Likes

I believe there is one God we all believe in and He lives in our hearts. If not we are all gods.
Where two or more believe, there am I among them. I think Jesus said something to that affect.
I just want everybody to love each other regardless of our differences or beliefs or how difficult it may be. That is the challenge I try to stay up for and it is my responsibility to try to support others.
If there is any religion I affiliate with, 23 and me says I am 98.6% Ashkenazi Jew but I don’t think of it as being different from any other religion except in dogma.

3 Likes

God… hmmm… something interesting… the God Particle??? AKA… Dark Matter…???

they’re still trying to prove it exist… IIRC…

3 Likes

Religion is not about proving anything… If you want to prove something, that is a fanaticism, not a religion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Thats just a flashy name, blasphemy sells Science section on yahoo better.

Is there Physics of God? I believe there is. and I see mention of studies sometimes. They dont call it that of course, would never get grant $ if they mentioned God. “Can the Universe be a hologram”, “Do we live in a simulation” - ever noticed these articles? Suttle, but where does the question like this come from? :slight_smile:

1 Like

book of Eph:4-6 last sentence???

3 Likes

I think it may not be Biblical. Hermetic writings say “As above so below”, this may be the origin of the idea this reality reflects a higher reality.

1 Like