What is your favorite local shooting range and why?

My private range we built and completed just last week. LOVE IT!!

3 Likes

City Arsenal on Poinsett Highway in Greenville, SC is a great indoor range to shoot at. The staff are all great, they have pistols to rent as well as all kinds of guns and gear to buy. The membership rates are very good. The thing I personally like best is that they let you draw from your holster to practice tactically. www.cityarsenal.com

2 Likes

Nice to have the option of holster draw @Randall8.
Welcome to the group!

I got to a shooting range in the middle of know where. I’m not there to compete or put up with the stupid, lazy, unsafe gun owners. My location is in Texas that’s all I have to say wherein shoot for practice.

1 Like

Those back wood shooting ranges do that for me also. The RSO ALWAYS allows me to shoot to train. At 10 dollars a visit very easy on my budget.

1 Like

The nearest range to me is a KY DNR range which is open to all dawn until dark, 365. It sits right on the edge of a state highway on wildlife management area. A local sportsman’s club maintains the facilities and has first dibs on usage. There are no RO’s, just ten rifle benches with berms out to 300 yds and six handgun positions, but you can shoot handguns from the rifle benches of you want to. The firing line is covered and has an equipment bench behind. You can set you target stand, which you supply, at any distance you like, even as close as five or six feet. Other than that there’s a gravel parking lot and a port-a.-potty (which is pretty well maintained). We are each responsible for our own safety, but most of us regulars keep an eye on the crowd when we’re there. There have been a couple of times when some “yahoos” showed up so I packed up and left.

While this range is fairly minimal, it sure beats shooting in the abandoned strip mine pits with all the trash and quick sand and snakes and poison water, even the occasional wild dog pack.I

The only other range I know of near (35 miles) me is supposed to be very good, very professional, and is owned by a fantastic gun store a couple mile up the road. I’ve never been there because I was turned down for the second mortgage I needed for the membership fee.:frowning_face:

Regards.

2 Likes

Um, no thank you. I don’t do snakes.

The KY DNR range is open 365, @David? I could see going out on Christmas day with new guns as presents for the family. :santa:

2 Likes

Happens every year. There’s really no way to close the range. There’s a pipe fence to keep people from driving out onto the range area itself, but the entrance walkway doesn’t have any gate or closure. One of the tangible returns for my tax dollars.:+1:

Regards.

1 Like

In Birmingham, Al. I love Hoover Tactical. Great Range, incredibly kind staff, very family friendly. They even have a catering company at the range. The USCCA is very well represented there.

Biggest plus is it is family friendly. None of that toxic posturing you get at some ranges.

For long range Talladega Civilian Marksmanship Park can not be beat. Gorgeous state of the art range, incredible club house and really good range officers. I haven’t shot really long range, in a long time. With some technical help from RSO was able to get my AR-10 with a new scope sighted in and was hitting at 700 + yards within a couple of hours. Really long drive for me, so I don’t go as much as I would like.

TCMP has a range for just about everything, pistol, rifle, sporting clays, steel. You name it they probably have it.

1 Like

I only have one near me but I normally shoot outside on family land anyway. I will say there’s a very nice one in Olathe, KS called Centerfire shooting sports. I found it while visiting family. Hopefully I can check it out again if I get to attend USCCA expo!!!

1 Like

I love Trigger Action Sports in Little Chute, WI. The staff is awesome, RSO’s are on point and Mr. George (one of the owners) is funny. They make me feel like family when I go in. Most of the staff is female and they know their stuff! Very nice range and helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.triggeractionsports.com

1 Like