What is your favorite fun-to-shoot pistol for the range?

I like the smaller Canik’s, the SFX feels a little light for the size

3 Likes

My FN Herstal 5.7 X .28 is accurate with minimal recoil, but the ammo is just too expensive for the range, and that was before the great ammo shortage!

4 Likes

I really like the overall frame of the Ruger 57 v the FN, but I agree with the costs of shooting it. I looked into reloading 5.7x28 and it seems to be a complex(gluing the bullet into the case?)

3 Likes

My Sig P320 X-Five Legion… I love the weight and feel of the tungsten-infused frame. I don’t know if it’s conforming to my hand, or vice-versa, but it just fits. (I did grind and polish the mold seam under the beaver tail, however.)

5 Likes

I have a 686 with a 6" barrel that I REALLY like, also, but for just plain fun shooting I have a S&W Victory .22 that is a ton of fun and cheap to put 100 or 200 rounds downrange. Or more… :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome to the family @Clyde6 and God bless you.

1 Like

My favorite fun pistol to shoot is my very high round count Glock 44 .22. Before the great ammo shortage of 2020 I managed to get the first G44 in my town. My wife and I decided to shoot the tar out of this great new pistol. I have heard mixed reviews on this model but mine has been 100% reliable.

We are well over 15,000 rds fired of assorted .22lr on this thing and has to be the most fun, and most reliable .22 pistol I own, and we own a few. I just installed some new 10-8 sights on it and am waiting for the weather to clear so I can go test them out.

5 Likes

An all steel 1911 in 9mm just like shooting a polymer 22lr semi for recoil

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

All my 1911 style of pistols are my favorites, one is a Sig in 22LR HP 1911 , the weight and feel are right and it want break the bank to run a hundred rounds through it.

1 Like

To be honest My Ruger Mark IV 22/45 is a lot of fun but I also like my S&W M&P 2.0 Performance Center .40cal

1 Like

Colt Woodsman for pistol, a nice gift from a retired friend
Winchester Lever Action 12 ga shotgun my cowboy action for a long gun

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Welcome to the family @CowboyEngineer ans you are in the right place at the right time.

My favorite is a Berreta PX4 in 9mm, or in cheap days a GSG FireFly 22lr. You can shoot all day on a few $$. MI

1 Like