What is your favorite carry pistol?

@Fred_G. I see where you sent a PM. If I can just find where to open it.

3 Likes

@Fred_G. Thank you. When I got home and wasnā€™t driving I could see it. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I sent a message to those folks, but in the meantime I found the correct Mec-Gar mags and ordered several from Mec-Gar.
Iā€™m going to keep that contact info. Itā€™ll be valuable.
Thank you again.

3 Likes

Glad you found mags! I love when that certain gun shoots just right for range and especially for carry!

2 Likes

True true. This is a good example for those starting out on a tight budget. You can have an attractive weapon (doesnā€™t have to be, but I think tools are beautiful) thatā€™s dependable and accurate and still have a very affordable gun. I picked this one up at a pawn shop where I went to buy some advertised two way radio equipment. They had a new CZ cheap that I couldnā€™t resist; then I saw the Tanfoglio. Dirt cheap because nobody knew what it was. Off brand foreign thing. But I remember when Tanfoglio was leading in international competition. I realized it was put together like a CZ. Like a tank but not heavy.
I took a chance.
Next time out Iā€™ll see if I can have another solid day.
If I do well, Iā€™ll post a pic. If I donā€™t, Iā€™ll try again because Iā€™ve seen the gun is more capable than I. Eye? Aye? Neigh, itā€™s I. Nay?

3 Likes

Thank you again. @Fred_G. I got my magazines in yesterday. I really appreciate you putting your hand out like that. We still have good people in this world, and many are right here.

3 Likes

This is what Iā€™ve been carrying for several days. Let it cool down a bit more and itā€™ll be a 1911 or Hi Power or that big Tanfoglio under my arm.
My saddle maker friend has a holstet that slings to one side under shoulder. He was making it for someone, but he said he did something backwards and put it aside.
It still works. If he still has it, heā€™ll probably make me a deal on it. Saying all this to suggest folks visit their local leather workers and see what they have in seconds o r mistakes. You may get a good deal on a concealment piece. Itā€™s illegal for others to be seeing it anyway. Who cares if itā€™s not perfect?

3 Likes

Sweet!

If you shop around, you can also find small family types who make holsters as well. I wish there was someone local who made holsters around hereā€¦

We actually have the machines to sew leather at my work, I just donā€™t know my rear end from a bobbinā€¦

1 Like

Well itā€™s the only one Iā€™ve owned so far so itā€™s my favorite and least favorite at the same time.

1 Like

Ruger makes good stuff. I havenā€™t used the SR9, but the Security 9 is in my opinion one of the standouts in its price range, and even better than many higher priced weapons. I hear similar reports about the SR9.
What do you not like about it? How long have you been carrying it?

2 Likes

Only been carrying since May. I donā€™t really have any complaints as of yet. I did quite a bit of research before getting this little guy.

1 Like

Do you have a holster that will take the SR9 with the light?

1 Like

My favorite carry most of the time is the G45. My other option is the p365. I dont carry it much because Iā€™m still practicing drawing it from an appendix holster. Iā€™d never carry the G45 appendix, too much adjusting before I sit down.

1 Like

Canā€™t really see the brand nameā€¦ never have seen anything like this beforeā€¦ iā€™ donā€™t get out much.

1 Like

@ES16. Mine? Its an old S&W 6906. The cool wood grips were on it when I pried it out of my FFLā€™s hands. It was his carry. Made him cry lol. Thatā€™s a script SW on the grips. That boy has good taste. Heā€™s a great friend.

1 Like

I carry my Glock 19x, really like this Glock, I did replace the Glock night sights with Idot pro sights.

1 Like

I found a couple sites that will make one but havenā€™t pulled the trigger on it yet as it only has the light on it when Iā€™m at home. Out and about I take the light off and pocket carry.

They seem to have a pretty big variety of attachment options for their holsters.
https://www.huckleberrytactical.com/light-bearing-owb/

2 Likes

@Thevision1776. You said that word! @Zee will be ganging up with you against us Gluck haters.
We donā€™t really hate the gluckleberries. Somebody has to buy them. We choose you lol.
Seriously, welcome. I have a chunkā€¦chockā€¦Glock.
Theyā€™re good shooters. Iā€™m impressed with mine.
Post a picture.

1 Like

One thing about Glocks, love ā€˜em or hate ā€œem, they just flat work. I am not a fan of striker fired weapons, though I have some. I just feel better cocked and locked than half cocked and unlocked.:smirk:. If you carry a striker gun, PLEASE be extra careful holstering your weapon. It doesnā€™t take a whole lot to trip a trigger, and if it does get caught on a shirttail (or whatever you Could have a real problemā€¦You really donā€™t want to be ā€œthat guyā€.

2 Likes

@Thevision1776 donā€™t you pay any attention to @Bugleboyā€¦ weā€™ll just rock our Glocks :grin:
Love my other brands too, but my EDC is almost always a Glock.
Love you too @Bugleboy :kissing_heart: :grin:

1 Like