What, if any, type of grip enhancements do you use on what pistols?

Hogue wraparound grip with red laser on a Kimber Micro 9. Love it- well worth the cost.

3 Likes

I’ve tried a couple of ‘sticky’ grips and wasn’t comfortable with them, what I do prefer and have gone to with almost all my pistols are the VZ thin grips. I have small hands and these fit my hands very well making for a very comfortable relaxed grip. My shooting improved considerably by finding the right grips for my pistols/hands, although I did spend a few bucks on a variety of grips, add-ons ect, that I don’t use now. For me it was money well spent for the significant improvement in my accuracy. If changing grips on golf clubs worked as well, I might play more golf. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Pachmyr on my Redhawk!

2 Likes

Did you mean to say, My co-worker called me a kid today because he has …?

2 Likes

I have bigger hands, but I agree with the idea of just finding one that fits your hand the best.

I don’t like adding all different things to my firearms, like grips, because it just adds to the possibility of having something get and the way or malfunction.

5 Likes

Chalk it up to Siri strikes again. I got tired of correcting the !@#$%!@ and just say “close enough”!

6 Likes

I have big hands and long fingers, so I run Hogue grips on most of my handguns. If I don’t, my fingers wrap all the way around and my fingernails cut into my palm under recoil.

6 Likes

I have LOK Grips on one CZ, CZ Aluminum on one , Volquartsen Wood Grips on two, Hogue Wrap Around on one, [TK] Hive Grips on two, & Ten Talon Grips (Rubber & Pro Versions). I :heart: Talon Grips!!

3 Likes

The grip is the one thing I will alter on a good factory gun. The right fit to hand can make rather dramatic differences in comfort and achieved accuracy, Thus far it’s either been a grip sleeve, or an upgraded set of grips such as going from the plastic, to the rubber grip panels.

When S&W came up with that rubber finger grove grip for their .38 Airweight line it was like a whole new gun. suddenly it aimed almost automatically and the recoil felt much more manageable. It can be a bit of a drudgery wading through all the grip options possible, but sometimes it can really pay off well.

4 Likes

Haven’t needed to put any aftermarket grips on my Walther. It fits snuggly and feels as if it was made for my hand the first time I picked it up to test it out. . .

4 Likes

I have small hands and have learned that I can’t handle large frame guns. I buy guns that fit. Springfield XD-M’s and the Hellcat work great for me. I can handle a K frame Smith but nothing larger. When people ask my what gun they should buy, I say one that you are comfortable with and that fits your hand.

3 Likes

Yes sir, as long as it fit right and you can accurate enough to defend self and others it’s good.

2 Likes

Rubber grips are best…wood grips are best looking, but when shooting, your grip changes with each shot, with rubber your grip stays in place, besides that, moisture will screw up wooden grips, won’t hurt the rubber! imho

4 Likes

all my pistols grips are factory and the only modification I made on them is on demand Laser lights zeroed at 50 yards

4 Likes