What hobbies do you have outside of firearms/self-defense?

Where are you around Springfield or further south?

1 Like

Farther south. I’m in Franklin county.

1 Like

Or maybe you don’t want to say. Probably better not to say. Maybe meet you at IGOLD next year

2 Likes

I don’t say exactly. Not to sound paranoid, but, the internet is full of creepers. I plan on being at IGOLD. I was there this year. I was glad, and a ton the same time disappointed with IGOLD. 8500 attendees is a lot of people. But, with 2.5 million FOID card holders, 8500 is disappointing.

2 Likes

@45IPAC. My exgirlfriend was stalking me I was not desirable until she found out I was married. She is still Psycho and stalking someone else now. We can meet up at IGOLD I will like that. We can see if JB is around.

2 Likes

I have some pursuits that I guess qualify as hobbies. I sew clothing, mostly for myself these days. I like to draft my own patterns from scratch or by heavily modifying commercial patterns. I’ve even taken apart a few favorite shirts to make patterns from them.

I like making things and fixing things. I do a little woodworking, lately building some Salish looms for my wife (who sews, weaves, knits, crochets, quilts, bakes, cooks, and about a bazillion other things. She’s like magic with abandoned baby animals.)

We enjoy history, particularly material culture. We like to visit the small, our of the way Civil War sites. Just got back from Ft. Williams in Munfordville,KY, which is a rebuild of the original that sits at the edge of the city cemetary. Less than half an acre total and one cannon. We took a little overnight trip to celebrate our 44th anniversary. We also do a little paranormal exploring like dowsing in Old cemeteries and haunted locations.

Home repair/improvement and auto repair have always been more of a necessity than a hobby, but I do enjoy it. Getting ready to install a corner Jacuzzi tub in the master bath.

There’s probably more. I do a lot of things when the need/opportunity arises so they don’t feel like hobbies.

Regards.

2 Likes

I want to get a brackish water tank again. I used to have a bunch of aquariums as a kid, and brackish water was my favorite. I don’t think I could afford saltwater.

2 Likes

Comic books! I have almost 7000 in my collection

3 Likes

My stepsister had a saltwater tank. The total value of the fish and all was more than the book value of my pickup truck. The brackish water tank could be a future possibility.

2 Likes

I really like cooking it’s very relaxing for me. I’m not ready to go toe to toe with Chef Ramsay for sure but nobody ever complained or got ill so I guess that a win-Win (horray for that Irish guy) :flushed:
My wife loves it when she gets home from the lab and everything is ready.

3 Likes

I had a brackish water puffer fish and a goby in a 10 gallon tank. It was awesome.

3 Likes

Love to get outside and hike. Of course I have my favorite EDC with me so not sure it counts.

3 Likes

@ThatSoccerDude, I think it counts… after all, you could just sit at home and admire your EDC :wink: :grin:

Ride safe Dawn. Now, to get you into either Patriot Guard Riders or Rolling Thunder.

2 Likes

I’ve been building custom light bar boxes for tow truck drivers (a friend and his co-workers), when I get home from this work trips I will start on the 3rd generation box, recall the 2 2nd generation cases, and rebuild them into the 3rd generation…

1 Like

Fishing, saltwater mostly. And Joanne. I work long hours 6 days a week, sometimes 7. The older I get the less energy I have for the extras.

3 Likes

Other than mucking about with my new 1911 this is my other long term hobby!

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

3 Likes

I never thought about joining them. I think I have to! Thanks for the suggestion! I haven’t done a lot of group rides/events yet. This would be a good opportunity for me to support our veterans and their families!

1 Like

Motorcycle (have 3), sports car, camping. Looking at doing the TAT next spring😊. May do an Iron Butt next year as well. Haven’t got to ride as much as usually this year, but still have about 8k. Longest day this year was 820 miles.

2 Likes