What have you learned recently regarding firearms

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Don’t do this - CLICK HERE > Negligent Discharge Compilation (+1 Accidental Discharge) - YouTube

2 Likes

They are like potato chips.

4 Likes

I have recently learned that it is a requirement to have a bank account just for firearms which your wife is not aware of and go paperless.

2 Likes

I just got into firearms in June 2020. I thought a PCC would be great for home defense for different reasons and I bought a Foxtrot Mike 9mm. I was so excited and my range ammo was feeding perfectly through it; I thought I found the perfect home defense weapon. Well it came time to practice with my defensive ammo (Federal 124-grain HST) and it fed like ■■■■ and when it jammed it deformed the round to where it wasn’t useable. I sold it to somebody that wanted a plinker. Mid-year I ran across the PSA AR-V 9mm and it had great reviews, people even claiming it fed HP’s like a champ. Well “F” them because it didn’t feed my same HP ammo for ■■■■. Three different rounds actually got stuck up under the BCG. Clearing those was a lot of “fun.” Luckily I managed to sell both AR15 9mm’s.

Long story short, AR-15’s chambered in 9mm are fun for plinking and maybe competition too. I would not trust them in home defense situation for anything other than an expensive club.

3 Likes

I finally started researching optics vs fixed sights. Watched about 25 videos & got on some of my other forums so I’m going to start out cheap with a ADE RD3x Green dot plus rear mounting plate for my Canik TP9sf & really give it some time & effort to see if I would consider higher end optics for some of my other pistols. It should be here in a few days

3 Likes

Put your info in my handy dandy note book. Can never have to much info… As Jony 5 once said Input–Input

4 Likes

Yep ,That has always been a great way to do it.
:us:

2 Likes

I need a 12 step program for firearms. I’m a sick man. Ruger is now my Higher Power

2 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe we can find these videos for other firearms manufacturers.

2 Likes

@Johnnyq60 > Probably could see how other handguns work internally. It’s interesting to understand what’s going on inside the firearm. It may also give people More trust in the safety features that are built into the handguns.

2 Likes

1911:

How a gun (Colt M1911) works! (Animation) - YouTube

2 Likes

I had viewed the videos before but not everyone has and these are great post @Blacky and @Gary_H. Beginners can learn the operation and function of the firearm. I have been retired 17 years and this brought back memories.

1 Like

How an M&P pistol works.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting that @Johnnyq60 :+1:

I’ve never looked into striker fire operation because I don’t own one. Pretty interesting how different the Glock design is from the S&W.

3 Likes