What has USCCA taught you?

Beth, Keep up the good work! I have handed out the “Womens Handgun and self-defense” book out to women who have been talking about self-defense. I am no longer a certified instructor because I live in Washington State but, I share your book with them in hopes they will read it and seek out training. Over-all I just hope that they will learn from it and the knowledge will keep them safe.
Again, thank you for all that you do!

6 Likes

I have had the pleasure of attending two of the free classes given in the Tennessee area and i must admit the instructor was great abd on point with information she shared. Because of the fact I am a Gemini, I happen to be the silent type and avoid most situations with words but growing up in Chicago i have not yet learned to remove myself from the area unless I have family with me.

5 Likes

I learned a lot from Your videos on training and the laws for conceal and carry.

4 Likes

I’ve learned that the USCCA (all of you fine folks who run the place) have my back if I should be so unfortunate as to get into a shooting incident. I’ve also learned what to say and what NOT to say should that event occur. I’m an experienced shooter (over 60 years of experience), a retired Army veteran, a reloader since 1966, and never cease to learn something each time your fine publication “Concealed Carry” comes out. I even learned how to fight better with my cane (which nearly was confiscated recently by TSA because if it’s obvious “alternate intended use” as a defensive weapon! I have had more than one occasion to consider using a firearm to defend myself or others and managed to avoid displaying it publically during the emergenecies. In one case, I THOUGHT I was witnessing an attempted rape, but it was just a drunken altercation between a man and a woman. (I did intervene and broke them up using words, without touching anyone.) In the other event, it was an actually assault on myself, but I managed to get out of it with a vehicular retreat without displaying my firearm (which I had in my hand, concealed, but ready to use).

4 Likes