What happens when an ideology gets institutionalized?

It is interesting how the message receiver’s misunderstanding or ignorance holds so much weight.

Here’s an example where ignorance has ruined people.

6 Likes

@MikeBKY - that kind of ignorance drives me bats. I once told someone who had worked in a project for me that I appreciated his “invaluable assistance.”

He got mad at me.

I sent him a link to a definition of the word “invaluable.”

I never heard from him again.

8 Likes

You can’t fix stupid!

10 Likes

What exactly does “snowflake” mean? Asking that so I don’t have to Urban Dictionary the term.

Though I’ve been called that online but never knew what it meant.

2 Likes

[quote=“Randall318, post:24, topic:19977”]
What exactly does “ snowflake ” mean? [/quote]

It’s a snide term for the last 2 generations and how they got participation trophies and how each one was special and unique. Like a snowflake.

6 Likes

Thank you @Zavier_D

1 Like

It’s the frog in a slowly boiling pot. No one wants to be the first person to fire that shot heard round the world. If the continue to kill us with a thousand cuts Instead of a frontal assault anyone that does take it to the next level will be considered a terrorist.
I think we are already past the point of being able to fight this in the courts and with votes but what the next step is and how to take it is a real issue. It’s a decision that needs to be made soon or we will find us with no decision left to be made and with a country that’s a shell of its former self. I for one dont want to live in that america. We are at a tipping point and it’s starting to pick up speed.

3 Likes

I see it as the snowflakes hate or are so scared of AR15s the mere sight will make them melt and pee themselves. It shows how they are the constant victim and scared of everything and need their safe spaces. I dont see any way to interpret this as an actual threat unless the were actually made of snow and he intended to actually apply heat to them to cause them to melt.

6 Likes

@Randall318

I’ll add on that it’s often used as a jab against the denizens of the left who cannot tolerate opposing opinions and have a meltdown when exposed to anything that doesn’t fit into their ideology.

“Snowflakes” melting down into hysteria because they see a picture of a gun… that was the implication of the kids original post.

3 Likes

Ah, I see that one too!

Well. terms these days! I tell you what!

What happened to just telling your “enemy” a cuss word as a kid? :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Those words were the first tier socialization triggers to be used in the pacification of the human beast. Make words that had lasted for decades as shun words, cuss words, words your Grandmother would wash you mouth out with soap for unacceptable in any context at the age of kindergarten and you have a fertile receptive mind ready to be further indoctrinated into the way ‘we want you to think.’

3 Likes

I was wondering a couple things…

First off, is there any potential lawsuits from imbalanced reaction to other students who have similarly made comments that could be perceived as threats but with a different political affiliation?

Second, would the Ziobrowski acquital affect legal cases like this in the future?

BOSTON (AP) — A man who tweeted that he would give $500 to anyone who would kill a federal immigration officer was acquitted Friday in a case that centered on whether a threatening social media post is protected speech…

In one instance, Ziobrowski tweeted to his roughly 400 Twitter followers: “I am broke but will scrounge and literally give $500 to anyone who kills an ice agent. @me seriously who else can pledge get in on this let’s make this work.”

…Demissie had argued that his client’s comments were constitutionally protected political speech that have been “blown out of proportion” by prosecutors…

3 Likes

No exaggeration my grandmother washed my mouth out as a kid with both dial bar soap & Gain laundry detergent. Both happening in two separate events.

3 Likes

I was an occasional connoisseur of Ivory myself :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

My brother & I received red pepper a few times.

5 Likes

There could be possible criminal charges against other similar statements that could be taken as a threat. It is hard to say with the perceived bias and the fact that the world seems to act on feelings and someone being offended.

As for the Ziobrowski acquittal, it could matter in the same jurisdiction but unlikely in a different one. Making a death threat is not constitutionally protected speech. Soliciting to commit murder is unlawful in Kentucky and I will venture to guess in most, if not all of the United States.

3 Likes

What about these so called movie stars that threaten the president, like burning the White House, or other threats. Have the secret service visited these people or is it money talks and bull—t walks.

5 Likes

Welcome, @Papa70!

I read some article today that supposedly the Secret Service was “looking” into George Lopez.

2 Likes

Check out the AR-15 video from POF. I believe they run several thousand rounds through there AR.

4 Likes

It is hard to believe that George Lopez, or Kathy Griffin, or Mickey Rourke would be targets for Secret Service investigation, and rightfully so. What can a geriatric alcoholic loser really do, and why should they spend time and resources on them. Let him run his mouth

3 Likes