"What Everyone Who Carries a Gun Needs to Know “

Review Time. Self Defense Law that many American
CCWs’ have not seen or do not have available to them

9 Likes

I value Andrew Branca a lot. He gives great advices and makes “law talk” very clear for regular people like me. :ok_hand:

This is what every armed citizen should read and keep on the bookshelf.

7 Likes

I have my copy. I just put the video out to let everyone know all the details on The Laws of Self Defense to refresh memory. It has been almost 4 years now and it is the best. I am glad the LAWS are explained and the video helps to clarify. Thank you !

7 Likes

Great presenter. Lots of different material than what I heard before. This one’s also good in that it’s relative in all 50 states. Eye opening.

3 Likes

I watched the video and thought it was very informative. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

Thanks for posting - very informative.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Keith206 !

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Keith206

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Keith206

4 Likes

Having taken several of Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense courses, I highly recommend reading his book and taking his classes.
I just checked the USCCA Store and that special USCCA version of the book does not appear for sale. I think I recall Branca saying he formerly had a relationship with USCCA, but no longer does.

That said, there is a link to obtain the book for only the cost of shipping on Branca’s home page, LawofSelfDefense.

6 Likes

Innocence : the state, quality, or fact of being innocent of a crime or offense:
“they must prove their innocence”

Imminence : the state or fact of being about to happen:
“the populace was largely unaware of the imminence of war”

Proportionality : the quality of corresponding in size or amount to something else:
“the requirement of proportionality of punishment to offense” · “they try to ensure some proportionality between input and output”

Avoidance : The act of shunning or avoiding.

Reasonableness : being in accordance with reason

a reasonable theory

b

: not extreme or excessive

reasonable requests

5 keywords that were explained very carefully in that video that I posted above. In the last 6 years I have had to have 2 Lawyers to help explain many terms that without a degree you can NOT READ to understand well.

The language that attorneys write It is very hard to understand; Andrew Branca and Tom Grieve.
Thanks to them and USCCA, I have learned many things, something new every day.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve read Massad Ayoob’s book a couple times now so it’s time for a new book.

3 Likes

Highly recommended. If you like Massad Ayoob’s books, you will like this one as well.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday :tada: @Jerzy

4 Likes

thx

2 Likes

Decades ago Branca became a student of Ayoob. They became friends and cross-recommend each others’ books (Deadly Force and Law of Self Defense.)

3 Likes

The link gives me an SSL protection error. (Secure connection failed) when I clicked on “Yes! I want my free copy!”.

3 Likes

I ordered one last night with no problem, got an order conformation right away and an email this morning saying it’s on it’s way. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What browser do you use?

2 Likes

Both the direct link from my post and the link from the LoSD home page worked for me using Safari and Firefox on a Mac. I do not use Chrome on my Mac, but the link worked on Chrome on my Chromebook.
I have had the problem you describe on other sites once in a while, usually caused by a security setting in the browser.

I do not have Windows, so cannot test Edge or IE.
If you can use an alternate browser, give that a try.

3 Likes