What every day habits have you had to break yourself of since you started carrying?

Example: Myself I’ve had to teach myself not to carry items in my left hand (groceries, etc) if I can help it.

1 Like

When I first started carrying back in the early 90’s it caused me to reconsider a lot of aspects of how I lived my life and I made the decision then and there to try and avoid or de-escalate quickly remove myself from any sort of even verbal conflict that had any potential to get out of hand realizing that should I ever be involved in a use of force situation while carrying I absolutely have to be a complete angel and demonstrate I’d done all I could to avoid/remove myself from the conflict at the start.

4 Likes

Its changed where I park, in case I need to lock my gun before I go in to a place… don’t need to be seen doing that while I’m seated in the truck.

3 Likes

I hate pulling my pants up often. I’m kinda pear shaped and the belt has enough trouble getting a good grip. Add a weapon, spare ammo, folding knife and maybe a proper torch (flashlight) and I’m the kid with my pants almost to my knees, underwear demonstrating how badly I need to keep my junk cool. So, that’s my thing, I hate fiddlin with my waistline: makes me nervous, makes others nervous.

1 Like

I decided to stop flipping people off that cut me off in traffic. Overall I am more polite and try to avoid any confrontation that might escalate into something more serious.

2 Likes

@CHRIS4 maybe suspenders would be a nice addition to your look :smiley:

1 Like

Aye Zee they thoroughly do! Folks even make them with alligator clip like thingies which do wonders grabbing hold of my jeans. My favorites are checkered flags; which I religiously wear during a particularly good Formula One season.

Since I’ve retired though, I really have to up my game. I’ve got a few thousand dollars of suits and accoutrement to go with and the suspenders! Oh, the suspenders!
…n e way…
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Suspenders. Cahrartt makes both casual and “working man” suspenders that are great.

2 Likes