What do you think about when you're cleaning your handgun?

There has to be an easier way to do this!

6 Likes

I see. You are a gun controller. You use both hands! Nice form, strong stance, knees bent, lots of brass. I give it a solid… WTF why are you pointing that at me!

78e41x

5 Likes

I’m just basically concentrating on cleaning my gun, then the wife’s gun, double checking the manuals to make sure I am lubing the right points.
Thoughts are focused on the tasks at hand.
I actually force myself to not let this become autonomous routine as that is when I make mistakes, and the things I don’t want to make mistakes on are our firearms…

6 Likes

I usually think about stuff like, If I took smokes salmon and made a steamed bun with it what sauce would I want to use? OR If I braised a short rib in beer then cooked barley with corn, green beans, carrots and onions then glazed these with a demi-glaze it would be like a reconstructed beef barley dish from the idea of beef barley soup how could I reconstructed chicken and dumplings? Then there is tuna, how can I re-invent a tuna dish that would make people crave it? A brine then a sear and serve, but what kind of brine? Welcome to my head! Oh, and I can go on and on!

7 Likes

Check chamber…check chamber…check chamber…check chamber…

6 Likes

We’re supposed to clean them??? I may be a little behind on this

7 Likes

I think about being at the NYPD range talking smack with all the other LEOs.

9 Likes

I guess I am of the opinion that multitasking is for people who can’t focus! LOL. I’m cleaning my firearms I’m thinking about cleaning my firearms.

5 Likes

I listen to some good old rock and roll 60,70,80,90s. And often times some conversation with shooting friends I have been to range with :us:

4 Likes

I think about how much I dislike cleaning my handguns and still do the best job I can.

6 Likes

I usually have a gun-related video playing on YouTube while cleaning. I’ll glance up at it every now and then.

5 Likes

I only think of one thing. What am I going to do if someone breaks in while I’m at this bench and my firearm is in pieces.

8 Likes

I don’t do it enough for it to be automatic and I don’t do it deep enough to have much time to think about anything.

Field stripping a Glock or AR to run a boresnake and wipe parts down takes a few minutes, just enough time to try to remember how many rounds it was and update my doc that tracks

5 Likes

@Todd30 HEY EVERYBODY!!! Let’s clean our handguns at Todd30s. :yum: That’s what I think!

6 Likes

My brain while sniffing Hoppes #9

9 Likes

That’s what the spare is for :grin:

6 Likes

Thats also something I do from time to time as I have a PC in my gun room. Sometimes i am even on community reading posts. Most of the time after range with groupdof friends its usually at an outside clearing and cleaning area we have. :us:

5 Likes

That in a parallel universe I am cleaning a blaster on my Corellian YT 800 freighter in a galaxy far far away.

7 Likes

Good memories, thinking about cleaning the A5’s with my Dad after we got back from bird (quail or pheasant) hunting. The good old scent of Hoppe’s #9. About Dad teaching me how to operate and maintain a firearm and so many other important things a boy/young man should no. About later teaching these things to MY son. About how proud I am of him and his 20 years service as a US Marine, and, finally about the time some yahoo convinced him to use this new “Froglube” crap on his Garand only to find the action locked SOLID next time we took them to the range and how much I teased him (still do) about how with one treatment of a new “high tech whiz bang” lube he’d disabled a rifle that had functioned perfectly for the past 70 years😊. Moral of story-stop trying to “fix” things that aren’t broken-newer is NOT necessarily better🙄

9 Likes

Tacos.

But you could’ve left of the “when you’re cleaning your handgun” part and it would still be true.

4 Likes