What changes are you making with your kids home?

With many children home for an extended period of time, there are all sorts of adjustments being made to your daily life. Between needing more food (and let’s face it, toilet paper) and having more time with your kids, there are a lot of things to plan for and accommodate.

How are you adjusting your home defense plans and daily routines?

5 Likes

I’m in good position here, both boys are adults, so no changes or adjustments needed. :+1:

4 Likes

With adult children that do not live at home and a wife who works outside the home, I am here alone a lot. Even more so with both federal and state courts postponing all most all in person appearances. As of yesterday, every case I had on the docket was cancelled (except maybe 1 domestic violence that i need to confirm) and my calendar became suddenly open. I have surgery scheduled on March 27 and I’m not sure if it will also be cancelled. All elective surgeries are being cancelled. Mine is not emergent but it not elective either and the longer it goes the greater the possibility of it becoming emergent.

4 Likes

It depends on how many confirmed cases do you have in your location… but my physician’s recommendation since last week was: STAY HOME YOU FOOL.
Unfortunately we are close to reach the tip of the statistic’s curve, and there are more people coming to doctor’s office these days with Covid-19 symptoms which are positively tested. :pensive:
I’ve got a lot common with Doctor’s Offices and every single physician tell me the same: "if there is no life-threatening incident or you don’t have any coronavirus symptoms - cancel everything and stay home"

2 Likes

I get it @Jerzy. Right now, Kentucky is about 10 with a few in Louisville. My surgery will not be in the OP surgery center located at the hospital but not in the hospital. And I can tell the hole in the bucket is getting larger.

2 Likes

Yeah… this is the time we have to make tough decisions.
Stay safe @MikeBKY !

2 Likes

What changes? None safety wise. We bought an extra PS4 controller, and a couple new racing games. Me and him played video games for hours.

4 Likes

That sounds funn as heck!

3 Likes

It is. We mostly played Gran Turismo. And NASCAR Heat.

3 Likes

Man just that name brings back memories!

2 Likes

Hope all goes well for you, whatever happens

1 Like

We have the Code Master F1 series… I’ve always wanted my kids to see Europe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I almost feel like I should put the Christmas tree back up with all the kids are home from school, and cooking food smells coming from the kitchen. I just wished we could go Pheasant hunting. The PS3, PS4 and both TVs are getting a workout. I have always enjoyed having the kids around so I see it as one of the bright spots in what is a unfortunate situation otherwise.

4 Likes

Fortunately my son’s school is able to assign homework online so he is busy doing school stuff, while I work from home. We’re watching movies and TV shows and making a lot of popcorn. The real kernel in oil in a pot kind not the microwave stuff :face_with_raised_eyebrow: …and an occasional nostalgic jiffy-pop. :yum::popcorn:

3 Likes

This week was our school’s spring break already. Next week, they are doing online curriculum.

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes