What are Your Thoughts on Federal Tax Money Supporting Gun Control Groups?

I lumped programming and modeling into “soft sciences”. Even computer languages are subjective and models are biased. The community board AI is reminding me that we need to let others participate in this conversation so I’m going to give it a rest.

1 Like

Interestingly, he suggested a different form in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. In there, he suggested that the legislators would be expected to pay for any program they voted for…out of their own pockets.

2 Likes

The electoral college is just a term for “choosing election methods that make NY/IL/CA count less than everyone else” … that by definition is shady. You don’t like them because they CURRENTLY tend to lean left and anti-2a… for one thing, that’s changing.

The purpose of the Electoral College is to ensure that cities do not run the country. The balance is truly between rural and urban areas. It balances the wants of the country in a way that a pure democracy would not. After all, democracy can be defined as a tyranny of the majority.

3 Likes

@OldGnome - we might have to respectfully agree to disagree. I’m also afraid I got this post too far off topic–didn’t mean for it to be much more than a passing dump of my idea as a side comment.

1 Like

@iamteeg - I agree. Be well.

2 Likes