What are your favorite MSR calibers

The way it reads, as long as it is only single shot capable at the time of hunting, it’s good to go. It’s already legal to run an AR pistol, with a bobsled as a single shot “pistol” in straight wall cartridges and bottleneck with a case length under 1.4 inches. They just transferred that language, into the new rifle law.

1 Like

Tactical Kinetics

1 Like

On my carry pistols The rounds are DRT rounds 150gr HP on my 45 carry, my AR 15, most rounds are 60gr green tip and on my 308 all I have is 168 gr rounds,to me the 168 gr performs for me

1 Like

50 BMG and 45-70.

I’ll second that. I like 168 for target use and 165 for hunting!

Thank you @Dave17 ; I was going to be all over that citation but you beat me to it! And yes, for flies and other insects the Bug-A-Salt is a very effective weapon of choice. Much more fun than ‘a swatter’ too!
:smiley:

3 Likes

Is anyone using the 5.7x28 or other cartridge that doesn’t need the full length of the ar magazine?
Any big bore fans? 50 Beowulf?

Which of your .50 BMG’s is your favorite?

You’ve got cake! Yum! Happy anniversary!

3 Likes

Did you ask this about individual rounds? Yes, they are a better investment than Bitcoin as of recent.

1 Like

I have a 6.5 Grendel that I really enjoy. It is an effective little round. I built it around a Bear Creek upper and an Aero lower. It is quite accurate by MSR standards and a blast to shoot. The rounds have been tough to find since 2020. It is slowly getting better it seems.

1 Like

Are you hunting with 123 grain Hornady or handloads?

I do use the 123 grain. I am shooting the Hornaday SST round. I have not taken any game with it yet though. I have not gotten into hand loading yet.

1 Like

I got an email from Bear Creek Arsenal and they were promoting a 22 magnum upper.
First time I had heard of 22 mag in the platform. Anyone else seen one?