What are you reading?

I like sci-fi, and when mixed with historical details in a modern-day action thriller/modern scenarios… well sometimes it gets the mind throwing connections all over the place and the “what-if?” machine goes into high gear.

That is the throw of A.G. Riddle’s “Pandemic”, and “Genome”: ‘The Extinction Files’ It’s not the first time "I’ve fallen down into his “Rabbit Holes!”

I saw a lot of good reading above. Great collection and growing better!

3 Likes

Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales

2 Likes

Finished the Matthew Bracken Enemies Trilogy last month. The books describe a backlash from a staged “mass shooting” event. The gun-grabbers come down hard on citizen gun-owners. A rogue element in the BATF use red-flag laws to frame and murder citizens. Citizens fight back by murdering high-profile political figures that implement unconstitutional laws couched as “safety” measures. I’m thinking this is pretty incredulous stuff! Looked up this article in Wikipedia today:

This entry abuses my disbelief. Have our current crop of tyrants figured out a way to escape this historical inevitability?

1 Like

Sounds interesting, I will see if I can get the 3 from the library. :+1:

1 Like

@Danny28 Who is the author of Should I Shoot. Thanks.

1 Like

Sammy Reese, Ed Combs, Mark Kakkuri.

It is in the USCCA store

2 Likes

If you’ve never checked them out, the Hell Divers series is pretty decent. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Currently reading UPRISING , WHO THE HELL SAID YOU CAN’T DITCH AND SWITCH, This is written by two strong opinionated black sisters, DIAMOND AND SILK. They have been Trump supporters since 2015. They give you the black prospective on how the Democrats are manipulating blacks to keep voting for them. “If you don’t innovate, you will stagnate. We got tired of being stuck in the same old rut. We saw something different in President Trump. That’s why we ditched the party and voted for the person. Just think about it: Do we want free stuff, or do we want freedom. We choose Freedom.” I bought it through www.amacbook.com. code AMAC9 at checkout $9.00 plus free shipping. Check out You Tube to see them at Trump rallies and the White House.

2 Likes

I really like the Walt longmire mystery series also just picked up Chaos by Tom O’Neill. It’s about Charles Manson and the cia. I don’t really have a preferred book type, just whatever gets my attention

2 Likes

since it is October…

it’s mostly post war short stories to the mid fifties before the decencies codes.
And since it is post world war two, there are A LOT of really weird, really funny Nazi stories!!

1 Like

Another series of good SHTF books. Just finishing book 4. Well thought out CME scenario and unravelling of society. The author delves not only into developing a survival community but many long-term survival issues overlooked because of vague notions society will always spring back. Deeper look into psychological impacts resulting from catastrophic events. Definitely five stars:

2 Likes

Just a suggestion, they are real easy reads and a lot of fun.
I’ve ready the entire series (all on planes traveling for work)

movies - payback with mel gibson, parker - jason statham,
Point blank with lee marvin just to name a few

2 Likes

Recommended by POTUS:

3 Likes

I am about to start reading Matthew McConaughey’s new book “Green Lights”

2 Likes

I just finished Matt Best’s “Thank You For My Service”. I am rereading Tom Kratman’s series of how to fight an asymmetrical war called “Terra Nova” and John Ringo’s “Ghost"series”

3 Likes

Biography of James Madison by Ralph Ketchum.

1 Like

I highly recommend the free range American podcast if you are a fan of Matt Best!!

1 Like

A real page turner. How the United States of America becomes Balkanized.

1 Like

"There always is this fallacious belief: ‘It would not be the same here; here such things are impossible.’ Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth.” – ALEKSANDR SOLZHENITSYN

The above quoted from the introduction to the following book.

LiveNotByLiesCover

2 Likes

Currently reading “Shooter Down” by John Giduck. Its about the police response to the Virginia Tech shooting, and everything that led up to it. Its a great insight into the twisted mind of a spree killer. Mr. Giduck also wrote “Terror at Beslan” about the school massacre in Beslan, Russia, also a highly recommended but very disturbing book.