What are you reading/watching/listening to for fun? (not firearms related)

I’m thinking this weekend might be a good time to break out some Deadpool DVDs.

AUTOMAN was about a Police computer geek that wrote a program that when he ran it a computer generated crime fighter. and Desi Arnaz Jr. was the Police computer geek.

1 Like

My wife is out of town. My honey-do list is on hold this weekend due to snow. Lately I’ve been checking out the classic, one-star sci-fi films on Amazon. You know, stuff like “I Married a Monster from Outer Space.” I also expect to catch up with Tim Roth in “Tin Star”.

1 Like

@Leon_AK I love those :smiley: Look for “Plan 9 from Outer Space” and “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians”. Are you a Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan?

@Reloader54 ok, now I’m gonna have to go look for that.

3 Likes

I found it on Amazon but only on DVD.

1 Like

Big fan of MST 3000, but I don’t have cable or satellite TV anymore. Eons ago the local PBS station used to have “One Star Theater” on Sunday nights, which got me started on the kitschy sci fi things. Office chairs in spaceships, etc. These are truly fun to watch and I make up my own commentary. Refreshing adult beverages help keep the party lively when with friends. Next up, “Planet Outlaws” from 1953.

2 Likes

Currently watching “The Good, The Bad and the Ugly”… Dads in town for a visit…lol

Next on the list is to rewatch Wick 1 and 2 in prep for Wick 3 coming out. I LOVE those movies!!

I guess all of these could be considered "firearm’ related…:thinking:

3 Likes

Did you watch Fistful of Dollars, and For a Few Dollars more?

2 Likes

@Zee, My wife and I were kidding one day while watching shows that we see so many forensic shows that we could probably get away with murder! LMAO

IE: Homicide Hunter (Joe Kenda), First 48, Murder in the First, etc, etc.

1 Like

I know what you mean, It’s kind of an obsession over here :smile:

1 Like

In honor of Easter, I just finished listening to Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal

It’s an informal story of Jesus’s childhood and early adult life, as told by his best buddy… an apostle who’s irreverent attitude got him written out of the gospels. If you like your religion straight-up-serious, this might not be the book for you, but I found it an insightful and entertaining listen (audiobook).

I’m simple enough.

Of the things I watch, it’s usually one of the following:

Mash
Hogan Hero’s
Star Trek
Star Trek the next Generation
Various animated movies (got to keep up with the kids)
Comedy
CGTN (Korean channel for China Global Television Network).

I dont want much even though I subscribe to Satellite TV and have the Top Package plus all movie channels plus all sports and Spanish, Russian, and Korean Programming.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting combination… do you speak the languages?

I’m in the process of learning Italian as my wife wants to take a trip over there in a couple years, so I have some time to get this done.

1 Like

JOHN WICK 3!?!? WOW!! Just saw the trailers. That is going to be AWESOME!

3 Likes

Dale jr download

Stock cars and guns. God bless America

1 Like

고맙습니다

하나 둘 셋
I can speak a bit of Korean - thanks to Tae Kwon Do.

1 Like

John Wick 3… can’t wait!!!

2 Likes

I dont go to the movie theater much anymore but when I do go it is to one that does NOT have the no weapons signs posted. John Wick 3 just might be worth a trip to the theater to see.

3 Likes

My wife and I don’t go to the movies for ANY movie. We wait until the movie we want to see comes out on DVD which in most cases is only a month or two later and then we watch it in the comfort of our apartment with our own snacks which are cheaper and we can pause it to go to the bathroom and not miss any of the movie. :wink: When 3 comes out we will have to have a WICK MARATHON! :smiley:

2 Likes