What are you carrying right now?

Winter carry… I carry a few other items (e.g. notepad, pen, lighter, etc.), I didn’t feel like emptying all my pockets:

Sometimes swapped out for a CW45 depending on activity.

3 Likes

Hey @Joey glad you didn’t go far away.

1 Like

I carry one I get very familiar with for a period and then if I change up, I get proficient with it and habitual with it first.
Right now it’s a 3" stainless Chiappa Rhino. I do love my auto loaders too.

2 Likes

Okay, today I went back to carrying my vintage Gold Cup. For one thing, I shoot very well and comfortably with it, and believe it or not, it hides very well on my belt.
This one is just a pleasure at my range so I’m very confident in its reliability.

5 Likes

No Dawn and Zee, I’m not really firing it. I just thought I’d maybe annoy someone.
My 45-45-.45

2 Likes

@Bugleboy, where did you get that?

2 Likes

I wish I could find my fathers favorite gun, but probably gone forever.
He died in 1986
It was a beautiful Colt .45 125th Anniversary Model and there was RJM
Engraved on the back strap, if that’s the incorrect term I’m not a Revolver Aficionado like he was. My brother and sister sold it back then after he died.

1 Like

Hey @Henry_A. I suppose you’re referring to to the #45 .45. It wasn’t easy to get my hands on. I posted on here a while back when I got it. By the time my extremely observant and quick mind realized these were available, they were almost all gone. My FFL good friend helped me find a dealer who had two. We ordered one. I told the guys here where I found it, but they reported it was already gone. I just got very blessed since I got into the search late and only 45 were made. Maybe some are up for resale.
There was another 1911 made similar to this, but it was in .22 LR. I wanted the .45 honoring #45 with 45 made.
There have been some .22 LR rifles made with President Trump too. I think I’ve splurged enough on things that will not be fired. I found a presentation case for it.
It will be here for my kids when I’m gone. It might bring them a few bucks, but I know which of my boys will want to hang on to it. That’s ok. They’ll have plenty guns and guitars to sell.
By the way, the Colt Gold Cup is from 1969. The factory target is no hype. It is extremely accurate. I’ll have to post a target to show what it can do even in my humble hands.

2 Likes

BTW, the kids will have my favorite ride to sell too… if they can talk themselves into parting with it. I know them too well. They won’t argue over who gets what; they’ll argue with themselves trying to talk themselves into letting go of my goofy stuff.

3 Likes

Springfield XD 4".

1 Like

I don’t post pics; but currently my EDC is the Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Shield with the ported slide.

3 Likes

Are we kidding right now! The UN is preparing for disarmament of the US. Carry it all!

2 Likes

Springfield XD 9mm Service Model

2 Likes

As always my 1911 45 acp

and reading a back issue

4 Likes

I am carrying two (yep) Peacemakers. One 3 1/2" .45 on the hip and one 4.75" in a shoulder holster. Don’t usually do this, though!

4 Likes

I’ve been carrying one since they worked the striker problem out, it used to drag across the primer on the shell causing it to break the end of the striker but I gave them time to work the problems out which they did and kno problems anymore.
3500 rounds so far with out an issue of any kind.
I even check the primers from time to time, know drag marks anymore.
It is a great gun, shoots straight and true.
Comes with 2 10 round mags and 1 12.
you can even get 15 round mag if you want.
I carry it in a Kydex holster from Conealmeant Express.It comes with xray day night sights.

2 Likes

I’ve actually seen a few come in FFL through the range where I work. It’s an interesting firearm - amazing detail. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but like the Chief said (sort of) in The Outlaw Josie Wales, It’s not for shooting. It’s just for looking at.
Well that’s sort of kinda almost close.

1 Like

How about Beretta 92 FS? It fits my 1911 holster better than a 1911.
Give me a vote:
92 FS 9mm or 96 .40 S&W?

1 Like

Performance Center .M&P .380 Shied EZ M2.0

1 Like