Well, I guess I need to stand down

I would miss you!!!

2 Likes

LOVE THAT!

And you know what, friend!? Thatā€™s what America is all about!

Freedom to share ideas, Maturity to tolerate opposing arguments or stances, and here within the community, knowledge that we all have one common denominator ā€¦ 2nd Amendment and all the independent liberty we inherit with that special God-given right.

5 Likes

I would ask you to stick around. This Community is actually very good. Just give it a chance and continue your writings. We actually dont argue that much.

1 Like

Ok guys, Iā€™m not leaving totally. I just figured I should put myself in time out for a little bit. I shut down my YouTube channel because of all the headaches, I only use Fakebook for messenger, there again because it was a constant headache having to bite my tongue daily.

I know this was for the 2nd amendment and carrying, but with all the other off topic threads I thought my thread would have been ok. And, I take responsibility for it and if it offended anyone, well thatā€™s just the rules of life.

Regardless, I still value the USCCA and everything they do for us. And I value all my new brothers and sisters, if we donā€™t agree on something, than thatā€™s fine. I guess Iā€™m at a point in my life that Iā€™m making up for not being on a debate team. Although, that might have been a bad thing in high school as i had even less of a verbal filter than i do now. :grin:

Anyway, if anyone wants to have private conversations just send me a message.

With love,
Brian

4 Likes

Regarding threads, and the Second Amendment and self defenseā€¦ unfortunately, the interconnections between those and most all of politics exists, and trying to deny it is simply not something that can easily be done.

Not sure of the thread you say you started, other than this one, but if it dealt with politics, that itself leads to self defense, as we see today, at least one political viewpoint that not only condones violence, enthusiastically endorse and support it.

If some become offended, that is perhaps part of the problem with too much of society and the Multicultural Marxism and controls we see that has led to far too many becoming so sensitive that everything offends them.
Ideas, that is. Words have meaning and words have power, and words must be used properly, as word may offendā€¦ but ideas should not offend to the point that the idea is forced into silence.

Unfortunately, with the interrelated subjects, and how self defense and the Second Amendment is tied to politics, religion, and every other aspect of our lives, to limit discussion is perhaps not the best of ideasā€¦
as long as the political and religious and other views are indeed connected to those issues that are what are termed on topic.

As long as you do not vanish and become one of the missing. There will always be someone offended by something, at some time, somewhere.

4 Likes

No one is asking that people donā€™t speak the truth and back it up with facts, weā€™re asking that there is respectful behavior. We know that personal attacks, name-calling and disrespectful behavior does nothing to advance the conversation about our rights.

The Community Guidelines clearly state the rules for the Community.

@Ben_Blanc - Iā€™m glad you keep coming back! Diversity makes life interesting and fun and helps us see different viewpoints that may change or solidify our views.

4 Likes

Just as a point of view that there are many and varied viewpoints.

You might be amazed at how many people who are supposed to be responsibly armed Americans and who are law abiding, actually do not seem concerned with laws if all the consequences are is a small monetary fine and a misdemeanor that they do not worry about their permit because it does not impact itā€¦ and how many think it is more than acceptable to ignore the rights of others, to disrespect them, to do as they want, all because they have the Second Amendment.

While it was at times contentious, there were little if any actual name calling. Perhaps that is something to look atā€¦

@Dawnā€¦ And I am still waiting to see if there will be any training regarding law and order, rule of law, and the Constitution.

I still say, it is difficult to claim to be a responsibly armed American, when you violate laws, even if they are only misdemeanors, and you disrespect the rights of othersā€¦ but so farā€¦

That might shed some light, whatever the topic, keep it professional or above the belt.

5 Likes

In my state the little stickers mean next to nothing. they have to have a state approved sign in the state approved place with the state approved wording to carry any weight of law. Or be one of the protected buildings like schools, school buses, election places, court houses, businesses that make at least 51 percent of their money on alcohol, gambling places and two or so others. The question then becomes does their right to object to my right to carry fall into the dis-respect category. And yes they can still ask me to leave if they discover I have a concealed weapon. It is their business much like if it were their house. However I have committed no crime if I leave. In that narrow defined area I wouldnā€™t mention I had a weapon and if my holster did itā€™s job only I would know. So no laws are broken. And no where in the constitution does it say I have to be concerned with something they donā€™t know about. My opinion anyway.

2 Likes

Texas has their own way. Regarding your ARREST, for violating such a sign. If it does not meet the requirements, the fact is, you should still honor it, as the intent is there, and by seeing any sign it is clear the business is stating they do not want firearms in their business.
Refusing to honor a sign just because it does not meet the legal ā€˜requirementsā€™ is splitting hairs and shows disrespect of the business and their rights. It IS their business, not yours.

In other states, a sign that shows a firearm inside a red circle with a line through it means ā€˜no gunsā€™ā€¦ just like a sign with a cigarette inside a red circle with a line through it means ā€˜No Smokingā€™.

If a business has any sign that says ā€˜no gunsā€™, or shows a picture designed to designate ā€˜no gunsā€™, they are exercising their right to their property and business.

Yes, they can ask you to leave, but why show the disrespect, why act in such a way to disrespect and deny the rights of others? Are your rights superior to the rights of others?

One person in that discussion, stated clearly that his violation of the law regarding no firearms was only a misdemeanor and did not impact his concealed carry permit, so he felt it was no problem to continue to violate the law.
violating the law, and intentionally doing so, is NOT responsibly armed, it clearly says there is a lack of respect for the law and the rights of others

Are we supposed to be ā€˜Responsibly Armed Americansā€™?

No laws may be broken, but that does not change the fact you are intentionally denying their rights, disrespecting their rules, which they can have as it is THEIR property, THEIR business. And whether the Constitution says ā€˜it is OK to do as you wish as long as others do not knowā€™ or not, is not the issueā€¦ though I would be interested to know where it says ā€˜do anything you want as long as others do not find outā€™.

We all have equal rights, and our right to keep and bear is equal to their right to prohibit firearms in their business or property, just as it is their right to refuse to allow free speech. You can go into a business, but if you speak things they disagree with and do not want in their business they can demand you leave, regardless of your rights, and if they post signs that says no offensive messages, and you walk in wearing a shirt with profanity on it, you are automatically violating their rules for their property and showing you not only disrespect them, but EVERYBODY.

We can not think our rights are superior to the rights of others.

As I stated in other commentsā€¦ we have a choice. To respect the rights of others, to respect their rules, and either leave our firearm secured in our vehicle, or go to another business that allows us to carry. The choice of ignoring them, disrespecting them, denying their rights, is simply the A-Hole choice, and do we as ā€˜Responsibly Armed Americansā€™ want to establish as a group, we are A-Holes?

2 Likes

Their rights are defined in the law. If they donā€™t have the proper signage, you are violating their opinion. And we all know about opinions.

1 Like

You have a right to your opinion. As long as I have not violated a ā€œLawā€ my rights under the second amendment should apply. They have an obligation to post the correct signage and to not do so is disrespecting the intent of the state. In my option. As Oliver Windel Holmes was reported one persons right to swing their fists in the air ends at the tip of anotherā€™s nose. And that is why we have regulations that a business must abide and if they decide not to follow the regulations have they not disrespected the whole state? As a kindness I have taken note of such establishments and not returned to partake of their services in the future. I just donā€™t grant them the moral high ground of telling me a legal activity is not allowed. To me, once again opinion, it is like some businesses not allowing MAGA hats. They can ask me to leave but not take off my hat. Since you asked for how I deal with such things.

3 Likes

@Kevin29 Another thought in regards to my example. Suppose I do secure my weapon in my vehicle and go back to the store. How would that show respect to the store? How would they know I complied with their request. Would they search me or would I have to tell them? In other words does what they donā€™t know help or hurt them? In either case they would be unaware of my actions. Would they be more or less hurt if they could read my mind and get my opinion of their parentage as I walked back to my car or described the sign to my other concealed carry friends the next week at the Range? In another state I might act differently but it would have nothing to do with respecting the store only with following the law. And there are stores that I neither respect nor shop at for reasons related to the 2 amendment not just the signs posted on the wall.

2 Likes

If we obeyed all the laws there would be no America, we would not have a constitution or freedom. Just saying

1 Like

Well, I hate I missed it! DM

1 Like

Do they NEED to know you respected their rights and rules for their property or business?

Does others knowing you respect the rights of others, or respect the rules or laws in the case of laws matter and are you only going to follow the laws when other KNOW you are doing so.

Regardless of any personal opinion of a business owner, your choices are to respect their rights and their rules, or be an arrogant A-Holeā€¦ .as far as any signā€¦ WHAT sign

You Texas people need to realize the nation is NOT Texas.

I know Texas has signage rules to meet to be legal (although, ignoring a sign that does not meet the requirements is splitting hairs and displaying a level of A-holeness that reflects on all of us. Other states may not have laws regarding signage, but some businesses do post signs (and NO they do not meet your Texas signage rules), and those signs declare a business to be bun free, that is sufficient to know the owner, the business, has decided they do not want firearms carried in their establishment.

Why is it you think your right to keep and bear arms is superior to the rights of others.

1 Like

How about I qualify that as I usually doā€¦

All laws passed under the authority of and within the bounds of the Constitution and in pursuance thereof
Laws that do not meet those criteria are not valid.

A Law Repugnant to the Constitution is Void ~ United States Supreme Court

1 Like

Not exactly.

You do not have ANY rights to my property, to be on my property, to carry any firearm on my property, to post signs on my property, to hold religious meetings or prayers on my property, regardless if you have not violated a ā€˜LAWā€™.

Your rights end when they meet the rights of another. Which seems that you have heard that idea, even if you do not fully grasp it.

Which means your right to carry ends when you meet the DOOR of their business or the edge of their property

Once moreā€¦ YOU need to learn, there are 50 states, and not all those states have Texas sign laws. You keep repeating ā€˜post correct signageā€™ā€¦ when that ONLY applies to Texas, and whichever other states have specific legal requirements for signage. Even if a sign does not meet the ā€˜Texasā€™ requirements, if the owner posts a sign, you should respect and honor it and not simply say ā€œYou did not use the correct sign so I will ignore your rules and do as I wantā€ā€¦

Some states only require a sign, even a hand written sign.

Actually they can ask you to remove your hat, or leave. If you want to stay, you must choose to remove your hat. If not, you leave. If they have a sign posted at the door, even a hand written sign, why even go in?

It is NOT legal when you violate the rights of others.

Can you carry a firearm ? Yes
Can you carry it on another personā€™s property? Depends. If they allow it. If not, you can not legally carry on their property.

Again, STOP with the Texas signage. It is ONLY Texas.

1 Like

Yes, and I would say we could describe yours exactly that way.
The problem is, there are 50 states, and Texas is ONLY oneā€¦ not the entire nation.

PLEASE stop trying to impose Texas rules on the nation.

Their rights, just as your are DEFINED in the CONSTITUTION.

Are you legally allowed to carry a firearm? Yes ( I will assume you are legal)
Can you carry legally on another personā€™s property? Depends. If they do not allow it, then you are not legally carrying on their property if you choose to do so. It might only be trespassing in some states, and in others there may be different charges, but why violate any law, even a misdemeanorā€¦

1 Like

If I was in Texas, I would abide by Texas law. If the law states a specific sign is required, to be illegal, then I am not committing a crime. Me being me, I wouldnā€™t patronize a place like that anyway. If they donā€™t like guns, they donā€™t like my money.
Since I am in Illinois, itā€™s specific signage required to be enforceable as a crime. Can they ask me to leave? Sure, itā€™s private property. Can they get me in legal trouble, without the prescribed signage? Nope. If I need to go in somewhere, that doesnā€™t have the official sign, me , Smith and Wesson are going in. If they find out I am armed, that means something has gone off the rails, and I drew my pistol.

2 Likes

Well in your example and my caveat then if it isnā€™t against the law and only I know if I am concealed or not then my answer is I will do what the law requires. No more and no less. If it is against the law I would go somewhere else and scratch the business off my list of desirable places to shop. Once again an act to abide by the legal requirements no more no less. My respect or kindness towards them is not required only my legal conduct. The 2 amendment is in the constitution and obedience to their feelings is not. So I guess my final answer is I will do what is required by law. If that in anyoneā€™s "opinionā€™ diminishes my status in their eyes I can live with that. That then is how I would deal with the situation. If that satisfies your original question?

2 Likes