Welcome to Totalitarian America

2 Likes

Thanks for the post. Not surprising at all seeing what is going on in dc. Read the comments below the article also. :us:

3 Likes

I read a similar article and I took it with a grain of salt. It sounds like it was just people talking. It was all done through text messages and email, no orders were ever issued. When you’re brainstorming, you sometimes get bad ideas.

2 Likes

“Gavin Newsom’s spokesperson said the Governor never authorized the use of the fighter jet to disperse protesters.”
This does not state that he did not request that a jet be readied for that, as it was, just that he did not authorize using it, which it was not.

1 Like

I mean, he also didn’t request that the Moon be converted into a Death Star. That doesn’t prove that no one ever asked.

I’ve been in plenty of meetings where someone asked about various options, while someone else explained our left and right legal limits. The question may have been asked or the discussion had, that doesn’t make us Soviets. The Soviets had no left and right limits.

No, not “us”. I was not debating the Soviet reference, I was only addressing that the spokesperson’s statement was worded to make it sound like someone acted without the Governor’s consent, but the statement only stated that the use of the plane was not authorized. He did not state that it was not requested to be readied for use. Two completely different issues.

2 Likes

@Dave17 , @Ouade5

So I changed the title of this post from “Soviet” to “Totalitarian.” Maybe that’ll make everyone happy. Probably not.

Something happened here that never should have. I don’t care if you call it brainstorming or official orders or what. When anyone in government starts talking about military force being used against its own citizens, that’s a violation.

A rose by any other name still stinks.

3 Likes

To me, there’s a big difference between someone asking if an F-15 can be used for crowd control, and someone ordering an F-15 to be used for crowd control. That’s the distinction. I’ve seen various versions of this story now, and (surprise!) they’re misleading in that regard. No pilot was ever ordered to do this, because the powers that be determined it should not be done. The system worked, if you will.

Also bear in mind that using fly-overs for crowd control was actually done in DC, during the last administration. If the potential for using military aircraft is that odious, I suggest you focus your efforts as a citizen on the recent occasion when it was actually done.

1 Like

Remember when Fang-Fang’s boyfriend joke threatened nukes. “they should remember we have the nukes” the fool (D-Ca) said. Maybe he would want to, but who’s gonna let him. For the same reason, I don’t buy this story on the face value.

1 Like

After Sept. 11, 2001, an American citizen was arrested in Chicago as “an enemy combatant” and was transferred to military custody, where he remained for years without a trial. His case was eventually resolved by the SCOTUS in 2011.

In 2019 the Executive Branch considered using military forces on U.S. soil under the Insurrection Act to enforce immigration laws.

On May 4, 1970, the Ohio National Guard opened fire on students protesting the Vietnam conflict on the campus of Kent State University, killing four American citizens who were exercising their First Amendment rights.

In July 1932, a contingent of U.S. cavalry members and a half a dozen U.S. Army tanks, at the order of President Herbert Hoover and under the command of Gen. Douglas McArthur, attacked a group of homeless and destitute World War I veterans and their wives and children, who were protesting in Washington, DC.

America has a rich history of turning the Military on its citizens. To think that any particular political stripe or time period lays specific claim to these injustices is naive at best.

3 Likes

And there isn’t enough space here to document what the U.S. did to Native Americans.

2 Likes

Good point. We are supposed to know it, lament it, but – not apply the possibility of such abuse to ourselves.

1 Like