Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

:flushed: That’s an entire practice squad.

Greetings! :blush:

4 Likes

Hey everyone. Joe Faletra here from St Augustine Florida (for the time being anyway!) . I have been an NRA instructor for many years and decided to go for the USCCA certifications because I took a class (It’s always smart to continue training) and I loved the program so Much I just received my USCCA Training Counselor certification and Defensive Shooting Level I instructor certifications.

Happy to help anyone out there including instructors.

Stay safe & Train Hard!

Joe

Joe Faletra
joe@jtffirearms.com
https://jtffirearmns.com

4 Likes

Hey ya’ll.

Where to start? I joined USCCA in 2011 first for the financial protection which led to the training and education opportunities and now a big family room discussion area. I shoot cowboy action matches at least once a month which gives me the opportunity after the match to send a few rounds down range from my carry gun which at the moment is an M&P Shield in 9mm. I followed a few other discussions about down sizing over the years and yes I’ve gone from a 1911 to .40 and now I favor a 9mm. Not so much for reduced recoil but now there are effective loads for the 9mm. This has all happened over the 20 something years that I have been licensed to carry here in Texas. I look forward to sharing thoughts with you.

3 Likes

Hello from Texas. I’ve had my CHL since 2012 and have had the pleasure of introducing people who’ve never held a gun to shooting. I’m an Air Force vet and Assistant Fire Chief in the DoD.

3 Likes

Hello again @Dawn! Nice to have met you earlier, and also it’s a great joy to be here and surrounded by folks of the same like mind. I’m sure we differ on some topics, but just please remember one thing: I am always right, but in knowing this I definitely give other people the benefit of the doubt if their views don’t line up with my Facts :ok_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously, it’s great to know all of you. I’m in the Atlanta GA area, so where my ATLiens at?? Whoop Whoop!!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Nancy and I just joined USCCA because as they say, better safe than sorry. I’m a former Deputy Sheriff, State Investigator and County Department Administrator. Now luckily, I’m retired. My first date with my husband (Bruce 26) was to a gun range. Since then he has broadened my gun skills and I obtained my concealed carry license. We live in a small town in Wisconsin so relatively safe, but now we’re armed, and feeling more secure. Nice to meet like minded people and share ideas.

6 Likes

Happy Tuesday Everyone - Sorry I’m a bit late with the welcome this week!

Here are the awesome people who came into the Community this last week - please make them feel at home when you see them!

@William186, @Lewis_E, @John270, @Anthony55, @Randal_E, @Brandon23, @Yusuf, @Micah_J, @John271, @BAC767, @Larry59, @Gerald21, @Jose_R, @JO1, @Skyla, @Juliano, @Johnny7, @Leslie7, @Jackie2, @Bosox0009, @Emmanuelle, @Dr_Harrison, @Paul100, @Derek6, @Telicia, @Betsy, @MAJJR007, @Steve60, @Leone, @J_C, @Ryan36, @JHUalum, @Steve61, @Anthony56, @Gunnar, @Fay, @Judson1, @Gary79, @Mark153, @Jackie3, @Steve62, @Leslie_W, @Chris59, @111, @Kevin83, @Craig33, @Kenneth58, @Wayne29, @Richard155, @Glenn20, @Anthony57, @David271, @Wilbert1, @Becki, @Peter36, @Joshua32, @Kennyy, @Wali, @nathan22, @James243, @William187, @LolaKinks, @Janice2, @Matthew57, @Paul101, @Robert252, @Edward46, @Jason65, @Brett11, @Joseph73, @Keith41, @william188, @Paul102, @Sherry_L, @Chris60, @Susan8, @Harold12, @Danno, @Leslie8, @Justin23, @Betty1, @Serena, @ricks777, @Henry12, @Richard156, @Michael324, @Rus, @TIMOTHY40, @Karl7, @David272, @JayeB, @Debra2, @Gary5, @Danny17, @Craig34, @Don.H, @Justin.Martyr, @Solomon, @Brian89, @Benjamin21, @Laura4, @Austin12, @Michael325, @Bill34, @Fred14, @_carionix, @Susan9, @Joseph_A1, @Victor16, @Stanley_L, @Melvin9, @John272, @Kelly10

I’m so glad to have you all here! Please let me know if you need anything!

3 Likes

Hello community!!! I’m grateful and honored to be part of this family.

3 Likes

Hey everybody I recently got my foid and my first handgun Taurus G3 I’m all about safety and defense I do plan on getting my CCL, I just want to protect my family and my amazing 3yr old son, thank you for the welcome in here to stay. Feels good to be apart of something big

7 Likes

@Kennyy
Welcome to The Community !
Please be sure to visit this thread and give us your opinion !

5 Likes

Thank you, and you got it.

6 Likes

Hi Kenneth46 !
I have people buy a Blue Gun (or any color) that is the replica of the gun they carry.
They can practice drawing or concealing it. Since the Blue Gun is inert it gives a person the chance to see how it feels and where to carry it.
My first Blue Gun was a Walther PPS and it has proved very useful for training and checking holster fit etc.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community Victor

4 Likes

Hello Kennyy @Kennyy
Welcome to the Community. I’m from Illinois also.
Lisle actually. You gave us a Hint :scream::scream:
When you said FOID. Nice having you here.

4 Likes

I am Retired Member Elite #1260778 Jose R. Ferreira

5 Likes

Thank you thank you, and ikr I got that Illinois lingo :joy: I’m glad to be apart of the group

5 Likes

We are all very happy to have you here and your family.

4 Likes

welcome Nancy

4 Likes

Thank you Laura. Its nice to be here and meet everyone.

6 Likes

Welcome Bruce nice to have you here in the Community

6 Likes