Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

The name is Justin. I’m eager to learn more particularly about law, and activism (I’m a free-stater so activism is always a realistic possibility in my community of libertarians provided I don’t win a seat on the school board), but also the normal concerns like strategies to teach my daughter gun safety with a positive experience.

I have a below average knowledge (for gun owners) of guns as it relates to culture, cartridge characteristics, etcetera, but an above average understanding of guns as it relates to economics, which was largely what sparked my interest in arms.

2 Likes

Hello Everybody!

Thanks for the welcome, Dawn.

I am a firearms enthusiast located in eastern South Dakota. I also teach a bit on side (it’s not my day job and mostly funds more training and supports my habit).

If I am not teaching, you can often find me volunteering as an RSO at our local indoor and outdoor ranges, If there is a day in South Dakota when the wind isn’t blowing, I might even be putting some miles on the Harley.

4 Likes

Hello All. After becoming a USCCA member a few months ago. I finally got around to joining the community boards. There is certainly no shortage of topics and good conversation. Thank you for that.
I live in S.E. Wisconsin, where it is snowing on Halloween. How awesome is that?
I got my carry permit in 2015. I travel quite a bit for my job. Quite often to cities and areas I’m not familiar with. I want to have some peace of mind and ability to defend my life if need be in case I happen to make a wrong turn. Ironically, n the Saturday before Christmas that year I was 50 feet away from a shooting in the mall in my states capitol city. Fortunately, it was a one on one gang dispute and not a mass shooting incident. Since that day I carry wherever and whenever I am legally able. Which I couldn’t do in the mall that day because it was a posted no gun building.
Thank you to USCCA for providing information to help discern what and where is legal.

2 Likes

I’m also in Tennessee and would like to meet up with you I’m in Carroll County
MY phone number is [available via pm - shoot me a message!], I’m a military vet, ex security officer, I would love to become a training official for children and adults

Edited to remove personal information for your safety. ~Dawn

2 Likes

Hello all. I’m retired from the U S Navy (25 years). Mostly submarines and a tour in Nam. CCW 24/7, Kimber TLE II or Glock 19. NRA RSO and active member of my local gun club. Dry fire 5-6 times a week and get to the range weekly. Being retired twice has its advantages.

4 Likes

I have been a concealed carrier since 2011 and a USCCA member since 2012 and have been very satisfied with my membership. The staff are very knowledgeable and quick to respond to questions and concerns. I plan to continue my membership as long as I am able. I also enjoy the Concealed Carry magazine especially the true self defense articles Kevin is doing a great job as does all of the staff of the magazine.

1 Like

Hi, I’m James,

I am a USCCA member because this insurance offers me hope in case of a confrontation at my home. This Association does confront police in the United States as possibly arriving at an incident and being accusatory towards someone who acted in self defense. This is a life preserver for me, who has seen police officers in the United States violate, laughingly, the citizens that they pretend to “serve”.

I can’t really be part of any community, it seems like, you know; after these sort of things. We are lone rangers, some of us, who must begin creating our own communities… but this larger Community, USCCA, is a wonderful oasis of understanding in the current legal environment that attacks human decency, and dignity for a substandard and sickening sort of “peace and security.”

1 Like

Hi gang. My name is Dave. I used to hunt, took my NRA safety course back when I was 12 years old. Started out with a 410, interchangable barrel single shot (22). Owned a Wingmaster and 1100 for duck hunting. Re-married 35 years ago and sold them all, never to go hunt or shoot since. Which leads me to today. At 63 years of age, I, as many of you have watched our country change far from the times we grew up. Evil and lawlessness has increased, perps are fearless and moral values decayed. As a result, I’ve decided it is time to prepare for events that statistically are inevitable.

I’ve never owned a pistol, nor had any formal training with one until recently. I believe it is solely my responsibility to learn, master and become as proficient as possible, especially when conceal carrying. Friends have encouraged me to attend Front Sight training with them over the last 10 years but never had the time. I intend on attending in the near future. In the meantime, I dry fire, practice daily, even if it is only 10 minutes and read/watch numerous videos and go to the range once a week.

There is so much to learn. I appreciate all your input and encouragement and am glad to have found USCCA. I have a SA XDM 3.8 full size in 9mm (which I absolutely love) and the new XDS Mod.2 in 9mm. The XDS will be my CC and have been testing holsters (a long process…LOL).

So with that, I just wanted to say hi and am looking forward to the knowledge share from all of you. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I do have my CCW permit.

3 Likes

I’ve been a uscca member for about 6 years. Have had my concealed gun permit for 7 years. Go to range every month. Thank you for welcome.

4 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! And a special welcome to those who have checked out the USCCA Online Community for the first time this last week!

@Richard152, @Dr_Richard1, @James239, @Mike70, @Brian77, @Isaac5, @Jason64, @Amanda_Rose, @tomdoughtyjr, @Chi_Keung, @BRUCE26, @Tactacal, @Diocoles, @Amanda6, @David267, @Donald56, @THOMAS98, @Gary_F, @Melvin8, @Steve_from_Fenelton, @robert259, @Ron28, @Hubert_A, @David268, @James240, @Roy21, @Arthur15, @Bruce27, @_rknight, @ELVIS, @Gary77, @PhotoBugBob, @Troy11, @Bruce28, @Georog30, @Donald57, @Stone_Wallace, @Shahriar_m, @chrisjgilmore, @Scott81, @Gnbs2014, @allen15, @Adam27, @Chris58, @Stanley_W, @Charles89, @Jamie-Ann, @Steve57, @Charles90, @Ron1097, @Lucas6, @GregD, @Higgy5, @Steve58, @James241, @Phillip23, @Travis17, @Lee19, @Farrel, @KJTex241, @Joven1, @MarkSoCal, @David269, @Michael218, @John267, @Glenn19, @John268, @Travis18, @James242, @Robert260, @Michel2, @Michael322, @Thuan, @David270, @SmittyinATL, @John269, @Shawn21, @Gary78, @Tim48, @Jonathan30, @Arthur16, @Cynthia4, @Shannon4, @Javelina, @Michael323, @Richard153, @Osvaldo, @Tim49, @RICHARD154, @Charles91, @Dan38

You can adjust your username and your email settings by clicking on the icon with you initial in the upper right hand corner. Please dive in and ask questions, share your knowledge, and give feedback!

I’m so glad to have you all here!

3 Likes

@Dawn thanks for the shout out. I’m just here to help out and learn from others because we can never stop learning.

1 Like

Hello my name is Thuan Nguyen
I lived in Southern California

I am a veteran , USN my rank is Lt

I am happy to join your association

Thanks for your acceptance

Sincerely

Lt Nguyen USN veteran

1 Like

Thank you for the shout! I’m John and I live in the state of Ohio. Glad to be here to learn and keep learning.

1 Like

Thanks for welcome me too community

1 Like

The name is Art, I guess ou could say I’ve been around guns of some type all my life. It really gained prominents in my life then. I went into the Air Force Security Police. I was around weapons all the time. I started shooting in competitive shooting, nothing like it is today. I loved it then I used my old service revolver .38 and every-once-in-a while I’d use my m-4 carbine. That was one sweetheart weapon.
I do want to wish Dawn into the group,also. Most of the time I read what everyone else has to say. I don.t say much very often. Fingers don’t hit the right keys and I tend to make a mess. Ya’ll have a good Southern gent gotta go work some.
:rofl::rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Arthur15! Glad to have you here :slight_smile:

1 Like

:Hi Robert8

Hi Robert8

Hi, my name is Georgia. I started shooting in junior high when dad took me and my sisters to the indoor range on Ft Hood. We completed the JNRA training with rifles. Next experience was collegiate competition for a year. I was commissioned and flew in the USAF and although we were trained annually, I had no real opportunities. Left the AF after Desert Storm and just retired from Civil Service. We moved from Maryland to NC and promptly scheduled training and purchased a SIG 365. Now I’m working on comfort, proficiency and accuracy. Thanks for the add.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I reside in California. Really am impressed with the amount of knowledge that is provided in the training videos. I am learning from them. Just want to be a responsible and better trained firearm owner. Thanks.

3 Likes