Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Good evening everyone.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Curt. I became interested in handguns in 1979, long guns before that for hunting purposes. In 1979, I delivered newspapers from 3 AM to 6 AM, 4 days a week. There was an abduction / murder on my route, so I started carrying for protection. The police made it very clear the best way to protect yourself, is to be prepared to do it yourself. I joined USCCA several years ago, I really enjoy the articles and agree with the organizations purpose. Now that I am retired, I want to take instructor courses / classes to improve myself and my family, we shoot often. My favorite pistol is a S&W 686, but my IWB carry is the 9XDS.

3 Likes

My name is Steve Andretich and I am a retired Police Officer and Chemical Engineer. I was fortunate to have a great deal of experience in a 13 year career. See my bio below:

I instructed Defensive Tactics, Use of Force, Taser, and Less Lethal Weapons, Chemical Weapons and Tactical Communications and was a CA POST Certified Instructor in each of these areas of instruction. I was also Certified as a Peacekeeper Products Collapsible baton instruction by the supplier along with POST IDI Level 1 Instructor Certification and POST IDI Level 2 Certifications in Adult Learning and Course Development and Training.

I have taught more than 100 courses of instruction since 2012 in Police Officer Training, including recent academy graduates, lateral new hires, non-sworn employees, and for Advanced Officer training programs. As a Field Training Officer I logged 100’s of training and evaluation hours.

I was also engaged in collateral assignments including Crime Scene Investigator and was a member of the department’s homicide unit CSI Cadre working homicide scenes and autopsy evidence collection and documentation. I retired in January of 2017 and continued my work in use of force training and the Project Engineering fields simultaneously.

These days I am a Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer, and teach CCW and Use of Force in IL and neighboring states.

5 Likes

Happy Monday! Welcome to all of the new names in the Community this last week:

@Harry_C, @Gilbert4, @Dale24, @John262, @David257, @Robert255, @Paul98, @Nader, @David258, @William178, @Spencer3, @Stephen70, @William179, @Jared12, @Lany, @Charles88, @Kyle23, @Faris, @Dan_Ohio, @KenA, @Rob10, @Michael314, @KentR, @Andrew46, @Adolfo, @BRYAN21, @Michael315, @Mark149, @Robert256, @Johnny6, @Eugene12, @Mike67, @Eric56, @Matthew55, @Paul99, @Keith40, @Byron7, @Nathan19, @Craig31, @Jonathan28, @Jacob23, @William_C, @Philip21, @Walter16, @Michael_S1, @Manuel7, @Michael316, @Georgia, @Brett10, @Frank35, @John263, @David259, @Chuck_L, @Anthony53, @rogerwolf, @Shawn19, @nathan20, @km336, @Michael317, @Rick32, @rodney11, @TOMMIE2, @Lee18, @Philasf, @Kevin81, @Wayne28, @Joseph68, @Diesel44, @David260, @Phillip22, @Patrick43, @Francis8, @Anthony54, @Peter34, @Greg29, @Gabriel7, @William180, @Martin16, @Patrick44, @James235, @Frank36, @John264, @Bryan22, @Jose17, @William181, @Brian88, @Eric57, @Steve54, @Lisa4, @Peter35, @William182, @Marlyce, @Mike68, @Ricardo6, @Jonathan29, @1stTimothy, @Orville1, @Mike69, @Gary75, @Tim23, @Wes3, @James236, @Pamela6, @Jesse12, @Matthew56, @Gerald20, @WARREN12, @atkp, @Austin11, @Dirk, @Eugene13, @Luke4, @Tracy6, @Timothy41, @Ronny1, @David261, @Donald53, @Ian4, @Stanley6, @Josiah, @Jesus5, @Michael318, @Bob24, @Clair, @Stephen71, @Raymond20, @Darrell_Randy, @michael319, @Kevin82, @Craig32, @Bert2, @Jeffrey48, @Kenneth57, @BRITTANY2, @Donald54, @Ronald57, @Steve55, @Steven_RJ, @pmcginnis86, @David262, @Ernest_G, @Free, @Albert8, @Donald55, @Arvin1, @SD.Dan, @Taylor5, @Roger30, @Gary76, @Ron27, @Bruce25, @Juan8, @Casey5, @Yiftah, @Dan37, @William183, @Robert257, @Jim48

If you’d like to change your username, you can do so by doing this:

1 Like

Greetings. I’ve been into the shooting sports since the 70’s. I grew up shooting small bore match with an Anschutz target rifle; pretty “stuffy” stuff.

I began shooting handguns in the early 80’s which is what I do now mostly. In the 80’s I competed in IPSC matches. These days I shoot mostly IDPA and Steel Challenge.

I’m an NRA certified pistol instructor and range safety office.

I’m from the Northeast and have I four daughters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am a retired Air Force Command Controller. I have been carrying for the better part of 40 years in one capacity or another. Along with my military training, I train at various locations as well as dry fire at home. When I enlisted in the military I took an oath to protect the constitution of the United States and to defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic. My favorite pistol is a Glock 23 which is also my carry gun. I am a member of USCCA and enjoy the training articles as well as all the information they send down the line. IGY6

5 Likes

Thanks for the “welcome” all. I’m married (and my wife is a member), two adult children, 9 grandchildren and two great-grands. I retired from the Army in 1992, but continue to serve through Civil Service. I grew up in California in the 50’s and 60’s, leaving there in 1972 when I joined the Army. My first hunting course (at age 10) was through a local gun store, and it was probably also the best shooting course I have since gone through (-) U.S. Army weapons qualifications. We now reside in Oklahoma, and those of us who carry in this state are very blessed with a great Governor and state reps who believe in the 2nd Amendment, and the need for personal protection. We both look forward to chatting, sharing, and most importantly, learning from everyone here!

4 Likes

Thank you. Totally glad I joined a place where the voices are familiar. I’m a U.S. Submarine veteran George Washington class boomers launching 3 A-3 Polaris missiles and circumnavigated the globe. Served on Los Angeles class fast attack boat chasing Russian submarines undetected for months until they reach the the Atlantic coastline off New York.
Retired now! Boring!
Practice three times a week with one of my many Kimber 45ACPs. Taught my wife, two grown daughters and three grandchildren to shoot and respect firearms. At an early age they signed contracts with me regarding the rules of firearms ownership and safety.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone. Murph is a handle I was tagged with, but my name is Mark. Thanks for the welcome and letting me join in the fun.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Mark (Mark123) I live Overland Park, Kansas. I am an instructor with FirstShotKs.com and am a USCCA instructor.

5 Likes

Hi Mark Welcome Aboard

1 Like

been owning and shooting for a very long time plus collect Now mostly since full retirement from work/travel just custom design loads and shoot for distance accuracy up to and including 5000 meters. My ranges are mostly overseas in a target rich environment. Using 12.7, 14.5x114 and the 6.5x55 plus off and on the 338 win mag a good round

2 Likes

I’m still not comfortable! I carry in the car only! Haven’t found a way to on me

1 Like

@Kenneth46, practice at home. You can practice with an unloaded pistol, that way you can work with draw, and carry positions.

3 Likes

While I’ve been part of the community for awhile, I decided it was time to join yesterday. Decided it was time to learn more. Don’t want to go into anything half prepared.

2 Likes

@JohnAustinTX I’m a Glock guy. I had a full size Glock 22 .40 cal. I liked it. Manageable recoil in the large framed gun. Tried the smaller size Glock you referenced and found it too snappy. Recoil was not as easily managed and I didn’t want to make the effort to try to master it. Decided to go 9mm for concealed carry instead. I tried the Sig 365, which is a recoil friendlier 9mm. Loved it. Did hear that the 365 doesn’t “wear well” (reliability issues over time?) however. Not sure how true this is. New gun, not a lot of history to go on yet. I like my Glock 43 for carry. Only negative is limited capacity which can be slightly extended with Pearce +1 or +2 magazine base plate extensions. I trust Glock’s reliability. If you’re not married to getting a .40 cal concealed carry gun (and, because you’re looking at the Sig 9mm, I suspect you’re not) you might consider the Glock 43 or, if you want more capacity, the Glock 26. Both are more “1st time user friendly” 9mm options. Find a range that lets you try each before buying, if you haven’t already. Nothing beats testing before buying.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, Sean.

I will look at reviews for the Glock 26 and Glock 43.

Thank you for your suggestion, and have a pleasant week.

John

PS Please allow me to recommend the film presentations at http://www.illustramedia.com.

1 Like

Please let us know if you have questions! We’re here to help - we can give a bunch of suggestions on just about any carrying topic you’re concerned about, @Kenneth46!

Welcome to the newest participants in the USCCA Community:

@Doug25, @William184, @David263, @Arthur14, @Nathan21, @James237, @Bryan23, @DavidC77, @Marty7, @Adam21, @Aaron24, @Becky1, @James238, @Joe31, @Roberto6, @Yuriy, @Elias1, @William185, @Michael320, @COcowboy84, @David264, @John16, @Estanislado_Tony, @Robert258, @John265, @Richard150, @Larry58, @Lamont, @sean22, @david265, @Adam26, @Michael321, @Mark150, @Travis16, @Daniel94, @Pablo1, @Billy_T, @Gordon12, @Jory7487, @Dominic2, @John266, @Britt, @Stephanie6, @_binafarzin, @Chuck11, @Gary_T1, @Sower, @Francis9, @Ronald58, @Erik1, @Thelbert, @Bob25, @Leo5, @Scott76, @Jessica4, @Tya, @Jeff47, @Mark151, @A_Gregory, @Antonio5, @Steve56, @Rebelcowboy32, @Shari, @Allen14, @Jerome5, @Victor15, @Julian_C, @Benjamin20, @Cheri, @Carrie1, @Richard151, @Hayward, @Kathleen3, @Shawn20, @JeremyB, @David266, @Leo6, @Arcadio, @Carolyn3, @Laurence1, @_joeykeeton428, @Albert9, @Sandi

Please take a moment to make them feel at home if you see them throughout the Community!

Have a great week and stay safe everyone!

3 Likes

Welcome everyone and enjoy your stay.

3 Likes