Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to everyone. As we are growing I know in the past I have felt a little intimidated joining a larger group and seeing some of the same people commenting on almost everything.

I tend to be one of those people that comments a lot and I can assure those that are new here you are welcome to jump in and ask questions or add your knowledge/opinions on any subject.

This community has taught me you can teach an old dog (me) new things.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Dr_Tom! To help protect your personal information, I took your phone number out of your post. We’ve got awesome people in the Community, but it is open to everyone and I want to make sure you’re private info stays private. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow @Dawn, that list was huge! Welcome all you newbies.

5 Likes

Will be in your area next week, Sevierville. Very impressive military background, Thanks for your service, LTC Bill Moore USA Ret.

4 Likes

^^ yep, me too :smiley:
and HOLY COW! welcome to all y’all :smiley: !!

5 Likes

Welcome everyone

4 Likes

We’re in the Sacramento area until our son graduates high school, then our plan is to move permanently to the Tahoe area, we love it there. I’m so glad to hear you love snakes too! I haven’t had a horse since I was little, but I would love to again in Tahoe. Loki definitely lives up to his name, did your horse as well? I’m not from the Sacramento area, just wound up here after my discharge. Spent my last year of the Navy in Monterey, which I loved, but spent a lot of my life in Southern California, in Irvine and Murrieta. I have lived all over though. Born and lived in Idaho. Lived in Minnesota. Lived in South Dakota and Nebraska, South Carolina, and Virginia. Thank you so much for the welcome @Zee and I look forward to talking to you more!

3 Likes

Hi Dawn, I was really interested in connecting with others but once I found out that this communication is one of the ways the lawenforcement/lawyers check up on what you have been doing i decided to not put anything on the public communication. From what I hear they don’t care about truth-only care about how bad they can make you look. What a shame.

Thank you, Susie Moss

2 Likes

A district attorney will definitely use negative comments against you, however, online interactions can also be used to show that you’re continually trying to learn more about self-defense so that you can make the best possible decisions if you ever find yourself in a self-defense incident.

You’ll see a lot of posts here with information from Tom Grieve - he’s an attorney that the USCCA works with for our Live Training Broadcasts (there’s one tomorrow night!) and he gives it to you pretty straight, in English, not legalese. He advises that bad comments will be used against you - but we’re not here to make bad comments, we’re here to learn and have great discussions with other responsibly armed Americans.

It’s like the conversations about training being used against you in court. “You trained to kill someone” might be the DA’s argument, but that argument is easily turned around to show that you’re a responsible gun owner who wants to make sure they’re doing their absolute best to be safe in case of self-defense.

I completely understand if you don’t want to post, but I would encourage you to keep checking out what others have to say. There will be a bunch of conversations that can be of use for your training. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Loki was my first horse… taught me to right. And made it a point to buck my dad off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m thinkin’ he definitely lived up to his name :smile:
I spent a lot of time living and working in SoCal - San Diego, Oceanside, Menifee, Murrieta, Irvine, Anza, Long Beach, Palm Springs, Chino Hills, Fullerton… all over San Diego, San Berdu, Riverside, OC and the Inland Empire. Spent some time in Tahoe but I’ve never lived there - beautiful! My family is military, so we moved a lot, CA, MD, VA, CO and a lot of places I don’t remember very well.
I’m in Missouri now, just inside the Ozarks, and I love it… never moving again. Ever :smiley:

3 Likes

@Susie I had the same concerns. There are some topics here I don’t weigh in on… they are just in territory that is personal and I don’t discuss them. Not everybody needs to know my opinion on everything, and I don’t have to say everything I think.

That said, I’ve decided to be visible here, in part, because I’m a teacher. My opinions are going to be part of what is known by anyone I teach. I teach as much as possible from a fact-based platform, but opinion will always come into teaching to some degree and that makes me visible. Given that’s true, I’m here testing my understandings and opinions against that of other intelligent, informed, experience people to refine my understanding and my ideas and my ability to present those ideas.

I accept that should I ever need to defend myself, I may have to defend my words on here as well. I try to be thoughtful about what I post, and I know the internet has a way of preserving and spitting back out every rash thing a person ever posts… so I work at not being rash :unamused:

If it ever comes up in a court of law, I think there will be plenty of my words that will demonstrate to anyone why I’m here, and that despite my having some fun here, I am always about advancing my education, refining my understanding, and improving both my judgment and my skills.

6 Likes

I can only imagine how beautiful it must be! The older I get the more I want to get away from the suburbs and city. I can’t wait to move to Tahoe for that permanent settle feeling! I haven’t been home to SoCal in a decade, and I was really homesick for the longest time, till we started going to Tahoe, then we all just fell in love with it.

4 Likes

Hi Ms. Dawn,
My name is Carl Nowell and I am a new member.
I think I will like it here.
Carl

5 Likes

Take me off this ■■■■ List!

David Aromin

1 Like

@David42, you can adjust your email alert preferences under your profile in the upper right hand corner of the screen. If you need any help with that, please let me know and I’ll be glad to assist you with that.

3 Likes

Good evening, I’m Steve from West Michigan. 61 years young and happily married. We have one 15 year old young man still at home with us. I’m professional truck driver with over 40 years of experience. I also did stint in the US Air Force.
My wife and I are newbies when it comes to firearms. I have had a little training with the military. My wife and son are new. I’m slowly getting them onboard and interested. There is so much more to learn other than just shooting well. Looking forward to training together with them. Looking forward to learning from you.

5 Likes

Welcome @Carl3 I think you will like it here too :grin:
@Stormryder you’re going to find lots of informationon and help here!
Welcome

2 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Stormryder! Glad to have you here!

3 Likes

Im john am 53 yeas old me in wife live out in the country.i won’t to be legal just in case of a break in are in other places its roth all over i have a target at home i pratic every other day .nice to be part of the community.

4 Likes

Welcome @John12 I think you’re going to find lots of informationon here to help you with that goal!

3 Likes