Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Thank you Dawn, I love the USCCA, I hope I never have to make that call but it is sure a great comfort knowing I have someone that has my back. I carried for a long time

without protection, never giving much thought to being sued or in prison away from my family forever. I never even thought if I wound someone with a bad shot I would have to support him for the rest of my life and his family. I can hold my head with confident and not leave my firearm at home or in my vehicle anymore. So for the ones that think, I don’t need coverage don’t pull the trigger without USCCA you will find out you are all " Alone" God Bless and be safe.

6 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, @Dawn!
I’m a Christian, a husband, and an Air Force veteran. Since 2016 I’ve also been a USCCA member.

I was blown away as a kid by how easily you can insure yourself in your car, which you’re pretty much guaranteed to be in some level of accident with, but for fighting back against a mugging or assault there was virtually no protection.

That has changed since I was young, but nobody really comes close to what the USCCA offers. So, I joined.

When I retire I’d like to follow my passions and become a USCCA instructor. Until then, I’ll stick with working IT. It’s not necessarily my passion, but I like it and it pays the bills plus enough to make that retirement come sooner!

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

I am recently retired from a long career in various types of printing and serving as a jack-of-all-trades for a small manufacturing company, interrupted by a five year stint as a self-employed tailor creating custom fit historical clothing for reenactors of the 17th and 18th century.

I have had my CCDW for a couple years and been covered by the USCCA for the entire time. I wouldn’t call myself a gun nut, judging by some of the people I meet at the range, but I’m definitely an enthusiast. I started out with muzzleloader and worked my way up to modern weapons.

I’m here to find some new ideas, spirited-yet civil-conversation, and to share what little I know with those who would like to hear it.

Best regards.

"Young and alone on a long road,
once I lost my way. Rich I felt when I found another; man rejoices in man. "

7 Likes

Welcome @David38, @James_Ray, @Dr_Tom, and @Mark_A! Glad to have you all here!

@Mark_A, thank you for your service you will find other veterans here who are very helpful as well!

5 Likes

Hello,
My name is Chuck Stewart, I am a USCCA CC Instructor.

26 Year Army Veteran (Ret.)( Airborne Infantry, Special Operations Sniper, Firearms and Tactics Instructor. Also former High Threat Area Diplomatic Security Operator/ Firearms Instructor in Advance Dynamic Shooting.

I live in the great state of Tennessee in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains just outside of Knoxville with my wife Cheryl. I have one daughter and two grandchildren.

Thank you for reaching out,

Chuck

Charles Stewart
U.S. Army (Ret.)

5 Likes

Welcome Charles. Based on your intro, you’ll fit right in with this site and I’m sure you will have plenty of constructive input based on your expertise. GO ARMY!

5 Likes

Hi,
My name is Stan and I have been a member of USCCA since 2013.
I’ve been happily married for 30 years, am a proud father of 2 great young adults.
I appreciate the training and advice provided by USCCA, as well as the insurance coverage that I hope to never need, but rest better because it is there.

I train with my guns whenever I can, am always looking for new drills to have fun with, and have done my best to instill a sense of patriotism and right from wrong in my family.

Thanks for the nice welcome!

5 Likes

Hello members, My name is Diane. I am pretty new member at USCCA. I work for a hospital in California for 26 years. I will be taking the instructor course in Sacramento this weekend. I also sign up for the citizen’s academy in August to learn more about law enforcement. I have my CCW since 2012 and I plan to keep taking courses to learn more. Thank you!

7 Likes

Welcome @Diane, @Stan and @Charles10! Thank you for your service, Charles!

Please jump in and have great conversations! We’re glad to have you here!

5 Likes

I made an intro about a week ago but I’d like to add something.

Whenever I speak on this forum I am speaking only for myself. I have no intent to impose my choices on anyone else. There are many ways to approach what we do and the beauty of this forum is the opportunity to exchange ideas and information in a civil manner.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Regards.

6 Likes

Love it! That’s exactly what we’re here for. The only time you’ll see imposition is when things are outside of the Community standards or aren’t safe. And even then, it will be address as respectfully as possible.

Glad to have you here, @David38!

5 Likes

Welcome, gunslingingbassist! This is a great place, hope you enjoy it.

3 Likes

Welcome @gunslingingbassist! Glad to have you here! @Julie is an awesome resource!

3 Likes

Hello my name is Lacy and I am a US Army veteran, 101st Airborne Division. I currently live in North Carolina with my fiance (Army Ranger veteran) and a 140 lbs Great Dane. I’ve been a member here for a few weeks now, Just really haven’t had time to introduce myself yet. As far as firearms go I have been around them all my life. I have only recently started carrying thanks to the wonderful man that I love convincing me finally to lol. Right now my favorite EDC of choice is the Sig P365. Sadly to say most of the firearms I’ve owned in the past have been sold due to an ex. Really would love to have that Colt King Cobra .357 magnum back.

4 Likes

Well, I’ve actually been a member since 2011. I just don’t online very often nor do I come to this site very often. Vietnam combat vet, 1st Marines, 1st Recon. Many, many, many years ago. Hard to believe it’s been over 50 years now.
My name is Darrell. Married for 42 years now. I’m now 71, retired, and have 2 great-grandchildren. In addition to 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. Dang, talk about feeling old.
I’ve been reloading since 1983 and gunsmithing since 1988. Journeyman machinist. Used to build 1911’s for the USPSA crowd. Now it’s just for myself and family.
I live in northern California - TRUE northern California - 300 miles north of the city called San Francisco.
They are NOT northern California.
I have CCW’s for California, Oregon, Arizona, and Florida. Kinda handy when we travel.
My normal carry gun is, of course, a custom 1911.
I am a certified NRA instructor. I’ve taught the CCW course for California for a number of years, but I’ve stopped.
Anyway, that’s about it in a nutshell. Per my wife, emphasis on NUT.

4 Likes

Yikes @Chief glad you made it through that!! :grimacing:

@Sheryl I’m an engineer, nice to meet another woman in that kind of a discipline! Have you ever thought about learning some gunsmithing? I’m considering it as a retirement stay-engaged option. And I’m also from MO, about 3 hours south of you.

So many new people on here with interesting backgrounds and stories and interests!! Nice to meet you all!

2 Likes

Welcome, Lacy! Ft. Campbell is only about an hour south of me. I used to visit the pawn shops and surplus stores down in Clarks-Vegas from time to time. Keep an eye on th is community; a lot of good people and good information here.

Regards.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service @Lacy and @OnyxTiger! I’m so glad to have both of you here!

3 Likes

Welcome @gunslingingbassist , @Onyxtiger, and @Lacy.

3 Likes

Hello, My name Dondi and I live in Kentucky. I am a new USCCA member and I am very happy to be here !!!

6 Likes