Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Howdy! I joined the USCCA a few months ago on the advice of a good friend,. I carry pretty much anytime I walk out of the front door. Just found this forum today, so… I try to take a class from a different trainer every year, have been remiss the last couple of years, looking to start doing that again. Looking forward to chatting with you.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Fred_G! I’m so glad you’ve found it! Be sure to let your friend who recommended the USCCA to you know about the Community!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Sue and I’m currently living in OH. I grew up around firearms of all kinds. I’ve been carrying concealed for about 2 years, and shoot weekly at the range . I carry a 9mm Sig Sauer 365, but like to switch it with a 9mm Glock 48 now and then.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @SueS! Glad to have you here! So you’re a Glock AND a Sig person? Rare bread! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Dawn I’ve caught a bit of flak from my Sig buddies, but my Glocks are fun to shoot! (After I put decent sights on them, that is!)

4 Likes

I’m restraining myself from giving people grief about Glocks, @SueS :laughing: I’ve only shot one and that was a long time ago. I need to revisit them as a brand.

Hope you’re finding a lot of great conversations to jump into, Sue!

5 Likes

Welcome @Boyd and @SueS,

You have found your way to the BEST Firearms and Self-Defense Community on the WEB!

We are very welcoming and we love to share… Information that is. :wink: We have so many Topics to choose from if you are interested in learning something new or just want to communicate with people about… ANYTHING. Conversely, we love to get new information too, so if you know something that you think we haven’t heard before then drop it in a category or if that category does not exist, just make one and put it there. I am sure that someone will stumble over it and find it of interest.

So find a Category and Topic and Dive right in.

3 Likes

67-year-old, blue-collar sheepdog here. Been around guns and shooting since I was 10. Married (same wonderful woman for 45 years), 5 children (four girls and a boy), 11 (I think) Grandchildren. Moved to the most secure area I could afford and when I’m not working or playing, I’m watching out for my neighbors. Carry constantly and while in the house always have something within arms’ reach. Politically active in the online way (respond to any alerts I get from either G.O.A or the N.R.A - I’m a Member of both) and also an OathKeeper Member. Looking forward to being part of this and learning alot!

7 Likes

Hi everyone, it’s about time that I take a moment and introduce myself. I’ve been on nurse duty for my better half as she had to have a hip replacement.
My name is Russ, and live in SoCal in south Orange county. I have been with USCCA for more than 5 years and have appreciated every bit of education and awareness regarding CC and personal safety information they have made available. Can’t say enough about the magazine for sure.
I’ve been around all manner of weapons my entire life. I admit I have a few safe queens but that’s because I really love them, but I have a handful of others. My usual daily is a M&P Shield 9 or Ruger LC9. I enjoy building 80%'s (rifle’s) in my spare time these days when not being with my lovely granddaughter.
I’m glad to be a part of such a great community here and look forward to sharing and learning from all of you here.
Just curious if anyone else has a jacked up shoulder that is or causes problems with your holster draw? My shoulder is slowly getting worse due to arthritis, tears, and a large bone spur. How is it affecting your draw? Have you changed anything?
@Dawn thanks for checking in on me via Twitter. And she’s doing great.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Russell and @M3gaW0lf! Glad to have you both here!!

Russell, I’ll start a new topic for your question. That way it will get seen more. Glad to hear your wife is doing well!

3 Likes

Thanks Dawn. Much appreciated. Emoji You’re an awesome facilitator and key point person for us. Emoji

3 Likes

Thanks! I love learning, sharing and talking with responsibly armed Americans and everyone on their self-defense journey, @Russell!

5 Likes

Thank you Larry, for your service to our country!

3 Likes

Welcome Fred. This a great Community here. Enjoy and have fun!

3 Likes

@Russell and @M3gaW0lf, Welcome to the community. We have many Categories and Topics for you to research or even share something that we might not know yet. Glad that you both found us. This (USCCA) is the place to be.

3 Likes

@NJStraightShooter Thanks NJ, much appreciated. Glad to be aboard. I should have joined the online community earlier. I’ve been a member for years, but am finally taking more advantage of what is available. I couldn’t be happier with the USCCA. Looking forward to this new online format and App.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Steve 5/18
(Since there’re a lot of Steves I included the mm/dd, maybe I’ll change my name later.)

My start? I’ve seen enough dead victims of crime that I don’t want to see more. I don’t want to be a crime victim.

Training time? Not much, about 4 yrs.

Formal training? none

Best SD advice? Situational Awareness, avoid the fight.

Favorite gun(s)? Glock 17 & 19.

Training? Way too little. Maybe next weekend.

Family involvement? Yes, usually my son goes to the range with me, and my wife attended a women’s basic handgun class through A Girl And A Gun class and learned that she can shoot and operate a G17.

What to learn? Stop the low left shots.

3 Likes

LOL and amen! In that order. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here @Stephen2

3 Likes

Hi my name is Richard. Glad to be part of USCCA. My first gun was a .357 Colt Python I bought in Texas for $300 in 1989. Gave it to my Godson when he joined the Marines in 2005. My EDC is typically a S&W Shield .40 cal or Glock 22. I’m excited to start looking at the posts from this community.

6 Likes

@Stephen2 and @Richard4, Welcome to the community.

Whether you have information to share or want to learn something new, you have come to the right place. You can even ask anyone here about anything. We are a very friendly group. We might even know the answer. :wink:

3 Likes