Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@William993 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service :us: @William993

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Daniel_Shaw

4 Likes

Thank you I’m glad to live in an open carry, permitless state. I am still looking to get a conceal carry permit to travel to other states legally.

8 Likes

I’m honored to have served.

7 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you. On the firearm purgatory, if you haven’t already paid, I’d go get it somewhere else if you can find it. If you already paid, I’d get my money back, and then go somewhere else. Since you now have your LTC, you shouldn’t have to jump through the circus worth of hoops if you are where I hope you are. Good luck with the 4th dimension of limbo’d paperwork.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum, brother! Thank you for your service.

5 Likes

Thank you brother. Proud to have served!

8 Likes

Welcome

5 Likes

Hi everyone. My name is Don, I live in Arizona and am a proud Navy veteran. I’ve had my CCW since 2001. My weapon of choice for concealed carry for the last 20+ years was a Glock 27 (sub compact .40 S&W). Recently I decided to change it out with a Glock 32 (compact .357 Sig). I have attended some training courses at Front Sight in Nevada, and multiple other training courses locally. I carry to protect my family and myself (this world is getting crazier by the day, it seems). As a parent I strongly believe that it is my duty to provide a safe environment for my daughter, and a responsibility I take very seriously.

The best self defense advice I received is, “the gunfight you always win is the gunfight you don’t get in”.

I am new here and looking forward to learning from the fellow members and other educational resources the USCCA provides (you never stop learning).

13 Likes

@Don149 Welcome to our community we are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service :us:
How was your experience with Front Sight?

4 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you. Proud to have served and I would gladly do it all over again.

I had great experiences at Front Sight. It was a great facility with top notch instructors. Prior to going to Front Sight for my first time, I had taken some other hand gun classes and even qualified as “expert” in the military, so I felt I was decent with a hand gun. After attending my first course, I saw significant improvement in my shooting. On one of our trips there, my wife and I went with a couple of friends and their wives. On day 1, one of the ladies hand was shaking because she was so nervous to shoot a gun (she had only fired a gun once before). By day 4 (the final day), during the skills test, I watched her draw her pistol from concealment and put two rounds in the target’s chest in 1.7 seconds. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Sadly though, Front Sight is no longer in business. My understanding is that the owner made a bad business deal which cost them a lot of money. They filed for bankruptcy last year. Another training outfit called Prairie Fire bought the property and will be offering training courses. I haven’t seen any details yet though about their training curriculum or price structure.

4 Likes
3 Likes

The interesting thing about that is when you go to the myfrontsight page, like they suggest, there are no scheduled class dates listed for any of those classes. So you can’t sign up for them. Prairie Fire does have some handgun and carbine classes listed, that you can register for, and appear to be very similar to the Front Sight classes. I think that they are offering these classes during this transition period. Here is an excerpt of the message on the myfrontsight page:

We at PrairieFire are excited to welcome all legacy Front Sight members. Training courses are available today! Click the button below and login just as you would when registering for a legacy course.

We will formally launch the PrairieFire Nevada brand at our Grand Opening later this year. We will unveil our core offerings and open the membership program at that time. We will be offering all legacy Front Sight Members a new PrairieFire Frontier membership at no cost for two years. We will soon share more details on our world class training, thrilling experiences, friendly competitions, and how to enjoy many other membership benefits.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Don149 and we are happy you are here and thank you for your service. It’s ashamed about front sight though.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard good sir!

2 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes