Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the family @Scorpion65 and thank you for your service.

5 Likes

How’s it going everyone my name is Jesus. I am a father, husband and protector. I am new to the gun scene. I have always admired guns from a far and recently I have been fortunate enough to purchase my first gun. The oldest of three, I always felt it was my role to protect and server those around me and this has given me a new outlook on life. Hope everyone is having an amazing day thank you for having me.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @JesusPita

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome, great people here and knowledge. Opinions as well, some good. Great to have another fellow 1911 snob in the group. Welcome.

6 Likes

Welcome to the group

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @JesusPita and we are blessed to have you as part of our family.

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcoming!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hows it going? And thank you!

3 Likes

Well, it finally quit snowing, for now🤣

3 Likes

Welcome to the family, brother! We are glad to have you with us regardless of your political stance. I have a honest question. What ammo are you running in your cpx2? I may give it a shot and see if it gets my wife’s to run right.

3 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if others don’t agree. That’s part of life, man. I don’t agree, but you won’t change my mind, and I won’t change yours, so it really doesn’t matter if either of us argued. Let’s just focus on things we all have in common, like firearm training. It’s important to be knowledgeable and safe when it comes to firearms, wouldn’t you agree?

6 Likes

I am not trying to give you flack. Just trying to welcome you to the community and understand your reasoning. I make no attempt to sway your opinion just your reasoning or you sway mine. The second amendment is not an absolute. Correct. It is not a lot of things. It doesn’t say I am allowed to brush my teeth in the morning; but I do.:face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Me point is it does say shall not infringe and the right to bear and keep. I think we both agree that regulating something we have a right to bear and keep is an infringement. Please explain because I just don’t get it. I think someone is trying to fast talk you or they just don’t get it themselves. Looking forward to it.
Oh and I think most of us agree no one has the right to own whatever weapon they want or to use that weapon for whatever reason they want.

4 Likes

Came in throwing your weight around a bit. Welcome anyway.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @James1330 and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

I will say welcome! I do not agree but I respect your opinion. I will state you did come in a bit combative stating your beliefs and opinions. I do believe though that you would share the opinion of responsible ownership of firearms absolutely makes sense and proper use of self defense, so there is definitely something you share with I and a majority of us! Perhaps that is what we (all) should lead with.

4 Likes

Welcome?!?!? Sheesh! You must be a blast at family get togethers. lol

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @James1330

This site could benefit from some differing opinions to broaden the conversation. Hope you’re willing to stick it out even though you won’t find many supporters for your point of view here. At least when it comes to ARs.

I am not personally a fan of either the Democrat or Republican parties as they are currently represented. Though I know several people who always vote Democrat who own AR15s. None of them own them for hunting. The 2A was not intended to affirm our right to hunt. It’s pretty clear it was intended to affirm our right to own the necessary tools to defend ourselves, our families, our communities and our Nation. Some of those tools are also useful for hunting. Which is why I was able to put together an AR15 that was intended to serve as our home/family defense firearm and as my son’s first hunting firearm when he proves capable of humanely taking a deer with one shot as all the hunters I know almost always succeed in doing.

Unfortunately I recently had to make some very expensive modifications to that AR. Apparently it had a piece of plastic on it that made the proud Democrats who always say they aren’t trying to take away my firearms decide that I couldn’t own it anymore in its previous configuration. Despite having said it was perfectly legal last year. Now it is still useful for self defense but useless as my son’s first hunting firearm. He is incredibly disappointed and can’t understand why. Neither can I. Maybe you could explain it to us?

I look forward to continuing this conversation in another thread.

3 Likes

Welcome @James1330.
Different opinions/beliefs/stances are welcome so.long as they are not presented in a trollish manner. I look forward to hearing from you, and possibly discussing with you.

4 Likes