Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Thanks all! Excited to be here and share and learn more from all of you as well!

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Javier16 and you are blessed to be here.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family to all my new and returning brother and sisters of which the past few weeks I have not had the time to be on here due to work, glad you all have joined us.

6 Likes

Welcome @Javier16. We’re out of Minnesota too. This is a great group to learn from and share knowledge. Feel free to reach out anytime!

6 Likes

Hello, I am newer to the gun owner ( a few years now ). I live near metro atlanta.

I have been a 2A supporter for ad long as i can remember. I see it as a foundation to protect the constitution.

With the “summer of love” and the increasing crime rates, i felt it was time for me to become more self sufficient fir me and my family.

Ammo prices have made it hard to train live fire. I did just order the mantis training kit and with ammo prices coming down i hope to spend more time in live fire.

I have not carried yet, as i still feel i need more training. i am hear to learn, grow, and expand my knowledge and skills so i can be ready if god forbid i need to use them.

12 Likes

Hello and welcome @compunction
Take your time training, don’t rush until you’re ready.:+1:

5 Likes

@compunction, Welcome to the Family. :metal:
No rush with carrying. Learn, train and be more comfortable with your firearm. It always takes time. :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @compunction and you are in the right place at the right time.

4 Likes

Is that your form letter response?:rofl: just kiddin

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

No I have 3 but am going to change them up a bit. I welcome so many people that I just cut and paste.

6 Likes

We have to ask @moderators to add you “Welcomer” badge. :handshake:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @compunction

Dry fire training is an invaluable asset when it comes to training. Use the Protector Academy for the training videos so you can understand the “carry mindset”, and look at all the drills you can practice. Use dry fire to get a lot more time behind the firearm. Practice loading, and malfunction clearing. Holstering and drawing. Clearing outer garment. There is a ton of practice you can do without live ammo. Thankfully with the Mantis you’ll be able to verify your trigger press and positioning, even during dry fire.

Best of luck on your journey.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @compunction , glad you could join us.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family! I highly recommend you use the training that USCCA has available for you. There are several good instructors near Atlanta.

Who knows, you might even run into me.

5 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: for all the welcomes. I have been watching the USCCA videos between running the kids around and work. Currently on Level 02. I think once I finish level 03, I will look at some of the USCCA classes, I did take a basic in person safety class just after I purchased my first pistol. Any particular in person training course you recommend to start?

5 Likes

Welcome @compunction! You will find a wealth of information here and in the academy. Don’t worry about asking questions about anything, everyone is very helpful here!

5 Likes

Hi, Thank you for the welcome. My name is Debbie and I live in California

8 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes