Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forums @William264 . I’m also in the DC Area (NoVA), though I’m currently in PR. I’ve only been here for a bit, but I’m enjoying the community here a lot. Hope you find it the same.

5 Likes

Thank you very much

2 Likes

Cool… what you up to in PR? Work I assume?

2 Likes

I’m working from here, but making preparations to bring my mother to my house.

3 Likes

To all my sisters and brothers i have not welcomed to the family yet, glad to have you all join us and to all my sister’s and brother’s i have not had the time to keep in contact with hello, missed you guy.

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a disabled veteran who recently took medical retirement from my second career, and I just relocated to Georgia with my teenagers.

During my military days, I had a Florida concealed carry permit. I went to the range multiple times a month and kept myself skilled and in a high state of readiness. My carry pieces ranged from an Astra A-80 .45 to a Llama .45 to a Glock 23C .40, usually carrying IWB in the small back (at the 6). With a relocation to a state that did not have a carry permit, children, and other family priorities for my time and funds, I stopped carrying concealed and no longer had time for trips to the range.

Now, a couple of decades later, I am getting back into carrying and training. My Georgia concealed carry permit arrived last week.

My disability has worsened, resulting in limited mobility and use a cane full-time. I am limited in how long I can stand and the distance I can walk. Running away from a situation is no longer an option, and I no longer have the balance or leg strength/control to use martial arts. I have decided to get a membership at a local range (considering the Governor’s Gun Club), return to a level of competency with my weapon, join USCCA, and start carrying again. Living off the fixed income of two monthly disability checks, I am having to take this one step at a time.

For home defense, I have an AR in .223 and the Rock Island VR-60 in 12 gauge. For concealed carry, I have my Glock 19 Gen4. All three are stock out of the box - no modifications. I am looking forward to reading posts and receiving input on considering a different handgun, modifications to the gun, the best carry method given my disabilities, and the best holster for that carry method.

6 Likes

@Henry72 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. :us:

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Henry72 and thank you for your service. God bless you.

1 Like

The online training offered through USCCA will provide answers to most any question you can think of. Since you have been out of the game for a while you will be amazed at the wealth of information available. Have a happy journey.

2 Likes

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service @Henry72 :us:

2 Likes

Welcome @Henry72! I too am a Veteran with similar walking problems. I’ve found that the appendix carry works nicely for me, as it keeps it off my side and easily accessible. I would suggest that you carry a spare magazine for the Glock in case of problems with the magazine. Also, well it has some upfront costs associated with it, I’ve discovered that reloading brass can cut my shooting costs in half, well providing me with better quality ammo. I use FMJ for the range as it’s cheaper but carry hollow point which I have practiced with enough to know how it works with my weapon. Good luck and again welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Henry72 . Thank you for your service.

1 Like

Hey all, new to the USCCA community but not new to the gun world. I work in the private security sector and train weekly to be able to do my job. Currently residing in Minnesota and looking to connect with like minded individuals here!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Javier16

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Javier16

2 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Welcome @Javier16! You will find many people involved in the security world here, as well as a knowledge and friendly group of those who conceal carry. Looking forward to the interesting things you will add to the community.

3 Likes