Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@James1260 Welcome back, we are glad to have you in our community. :us:

3 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes

Glade to be back shouldn’t have weight so long just got carried away doing everything else

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @James1260 and God bless you.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @James1260

3 Likes

Thank you very much and God bless you also my friend

2 Likes

Thank you very much

3 Likes

Hi my Name is Philip Walimaki new here. My wife Erin and I just joined and bought our first handguns she purchased a Ruger EC9 and I purchased a Taurus G3 and a rifle Savage 64 22lr. We have been watching the videos they are very good and informative. We have been going to the shooting range lucky for us we live by a state park and the have an awesome range to practice at we want a few times but I just found out that I have a slight fracture in my femur and I’m getting a hip replacement soon. How do I practice aiming and shooting without getting out of bed l just bought snap caps. Thanks for all the welcomes and for any tips

8 Likes

@Philip112 and Wife. Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :us:

2 Likes

Welcome to the “club” @Philip112 .

When practicing dry fire make sure you have NO LIVE AMMO, anywhere in the area. Use your snap caps to practice dry fire from a sitting position. The basics are exactly the same except you’ll be sitting down, so your feet position won’t matter. Notice that since you will have to rack the slide to reset the trigger, the snap caps will eject. So maybe don’t use the snap caps for all your practice. I have used inserts you can put in your magazines that will allow you to have the magazine inserted and not lock the slide to the rear (Tap Rack Dry Fire Safety Training Aid). They might be useful for continuous dry fire practice. The G3 has a pic rail under the barrel, so you can also look at the MantisX system for practice. I must admit, I have used it in the past while sitting on the bed.

I really liked the Taurus G3C, but my fingers did not have the best purchase on it, I did not go for the bigger cousin the G3, so I opted for the Sig P365X.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Philip112 and Erin

2 Likes

Thank you for the helpful information I will check out the Tap Rack for more training tools. The MantisX system looks nice. Thanks again Vic

3 Likes

Hello and thank you

3 Likes

Hello and thanks Bruce. We are happy to have joined.

3 Likes

Been here for a few minutes… more of a lurker type but hopefully, will start posting more often.

Let’s see… I’m in the DC area and I’ve been either military (5 years active, 12 years NG and Reserves) or associated with the military (consultant/contractor) and all the 3 letter agencies in the DC area since 1980.

Made a move to Engineering and IT after an accident broke my neck and back and made it impossible for me to make my SFAS class date. I now design and build secure networks for said agencies.

Been into weaponry for oh… 30 years or so and have a number of pistols, rifles etc. - Glock, S&W, Ruger, Remington, Caniks, Kahr, H&K, Remington (Modded 700PSS - old work gun from another life), Palmetto State (several ARs in 223 Wylde, .300 Blackout and 9mm), a custom 1911 from Business End Customs up in New England area, and have sold or given away more than that to family (including a korean war US Army serialized 1911 I setup as a presentation piece for a retiring MD Police Officer - the serial number actually showed it had been dumped off a boat for disposal on the way back to the US… giggle).

Been to a few countries (55 last count) where I’ve pretty much just motorbiked around after finishing contracts (Spent a few years building Embassy/Consulate/Mission secure rooms) - nothing cooler btw than biking through the Golden Triangle and having to stop for a family of elephants to cross the road, and realizing you have no way to turn around in time if they decide you’re a little close.

My wife if from Nepal and our extended family is huge. Usually have some big get-togethers at the house where I introduce them to my new weapons after teaching them gun safety etc. Has kind of become a coming of age tradition here as, when the kids get old enough (8 or so?) they learn on my .22s and progress from there. Even have a number of Gorkha officers here that work for the Embassy of Nepal. After we shoot everything they want in my yard, we then go inside and I introduce them to the new bourbons I’ve acquired and sit around telling stories and lies. Good times.

I’ve CCW’d for about 15 years now… but found out that my CCW expired (last month!!!) when I went to pick up a few new toys at my local FFL. Had to run and renew so waiting on that to show up now.

I’m hoping to learn a few things… maybe show a few things… tell stories and lies in the forums and generally meet new, like-minded people.

I think that’s it for now… oh wait… I also have a few exceeding fast vehicles and a couple of motorcycles if peeps want to talk about those too!

Later for now… I’ve typed a lot more than I intended to but hey, I was bored!

8 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

@William264 welcome to the Community and I hope you enjoy and find it educational being here!

4 Likes

I love my Mantis X it really helps with trigger control

4 Likes

Welcome @Philip112 and Erin! Nice choices for your first gun purchases! As @Luddite_Vic mentioned you can practice dry fire well you are in bed. Actually, dry fire is a great practice tool and cost-effective way to improve your shooting skills. It can be done with or without one of the various feedback systems to improve your fundamentals and provides benefits to all levels of shooters.

4 Likes