Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Thank you for the welcome looking forward to learning. Army veteran glad to be apart

7 Likes

Welcome again, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :us:

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Shameer and you are in the right place at the right time. Thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Don12 and you are blessed to be here.

3 Likes

Appreciate it and yes I’m ready to dive in. Keep myself and the family safe.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Shameer and thank you for your service.

3 Likes

Welcome @Rock.Mayes !

3 Likes

Welcome @Shameer! Thank you for your service!

3 Likes

I like to stop by once in awhile just to say hi to the new folks. Hi…

3 Likes

Hello!

I’m a new firearm owner from Chattanooga, TN. So excited about being part of a community that I could learn from. I got my weapon for self-defense purposes after buying my home and I’m interested in learning as much as I can about self-defense, maintenance, and improve my skills in order to be able to effectively protect my home and my loved ones. I have a Springfield Armory XD9 and I absolutely love getting out to the range and improving my technique and aim.

7 Likes

@Jorge34 Welcome to the community, you are in the right place to learn. You and yours stay safe,
Bruce and Nancy. :us:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jorge34

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Jorge34 and you are blessed to be here.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Jorge34 , glad you can join us. You are about an hour from me. There is a great deal of knowledge shared here so I hope you enjoy and will be awaiting your sharing of knowledge.

3 Likes

welcome @Jorge34 !

4 Likes

Welcome to the greatest place for discussing what we love and need to do daily :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to all new members. We’re in a volatile time when it comes to the 2A. Get in the fight to preserve your Constitutional rights and keep and eye on your local and State legislatures.

5 Likes

I’m just an average citizen. We started with carrying and self-defense after a teen was stabbed to death in our local park shortly after my wife and kids had left, and I was out of state on business at the time. When I returned from the business trip we went to a local range that offers rental firearms and started trying them out. Within a month we’d purchased handguns and started the very long process back then to get a CCW permit in California.

Back then it was 2 years, 18 months to just get an appointment to drop off the application and get LiveScan fingerprinted, and another 6 months for the background check. During that long wait, we started obtaining many of the popular “apply by mail” non-resident permits such as Utah and Arizona. At the time these were not honored by Nevada and we had friends there, so we went on a trip just to get our Nevada permits. We would apply for a permit, then wait until we received it, and then apply for another. We added Oregon next on another road trip, just to apply in person, and then Florida by mail.

Fortunately, now it is more like a 2 month process to get a California CCW permit thanks to online processing that my local sheriff’s department uses.

We keep up with our every-2-year CCW training, and try to get to Front Sight for the Defensive Handgun class once a year to “DG” it. Additionally, I’ve taken formal training from all the local “pro” outfits, and regularly attend a local range’s monthly “self-defense tactics” class.

My favorite gun and EDC is the S&W M&P9c. I run it with a standard capacity 12-round mag and carry two standard capacity full-size M&P9 17-round mags.

I train at the range at least monthly, and dry fire practice daily, and work through malfunctions and mag drills weekly.

I’ve taken dozens of “gun curious” folks to the range and am responsible for most of them getting firearms and carry licenses. I enjoy doing this a good deal, and trying to strengthen our numbers.

Hoping to find a better community here in the USCCA Community than most that I help moderate on Facebook.

12 Likes

@Jason95357 and Wife. Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you two here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :us:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jason95357

3 Likes