Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

@Walter37 welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

5 Likes

Hey Johnny, It’s great to be here. I actually just got off the phone with them and said I should have it by the end of the month. The COVID situation certainly put a damper on things. I guess getting the license is the easy part. I heard purchasing a gun/ammo is now the hard part.

6 Likes

Thank you to everyone :+1::innocent:

6 Likes

Don’t give up because you can still get a decent gun if you shop around and maybe even a good deal on it. The ammo on the other hand is hard. What I’ve been doing is just walking into the stores and checking what the have in stock.

7 Likes

I’ve been on here for a while now and posted a few comments here and there, but I’m not sure I’ve ever formally introduced myself. My name is Bob, I live in Illinois (your condolences are duly noted - thank you), I’ve had a CCP for almost 5 years and I’m on my 2nd year of USCCA membership, although I’ve been following as much as I could since I took my 1st CC class.
I’m a retired computer geek, and a veteran of the USAF. I’m pretty sure I’ve liked firearms all my life but I never really had one until Obama got elected.

8 Likes

@Bagworm Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

6 Likes

Thank you. It has been a fun ride…

7 Likes

@Walter37.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

5 Likes

@MrBagworm

COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe
Thank You For Your Service :us:

6 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you and thank you for your service.

6 Likes

Welcome, my from a fellow prisoner of the Illinois machine.

7 Likes

Hi,
My Name is Steve Mansfield, my wife and I joined USCCA a month or 2 ago. We escaped NJ in February and moved to AZ, where we received our A2 rights upon entry. Over the last few months I have picked up a Stogner home defense 12ga, a XDS mod 2 .45, my wife bought a M&P EZ Shield 2.0 9.mm. My mother in-law bought the EZ 380. We have been trying to get to the range at least once a week sometimes more, but the cost of ammo sure sucks the fun out that.

I have been around guns my whole life, my grand father taught me how to clean shotguns at 5 years old. I took the NRA Hunter Safety class at 10, I got my NJ FID at 18. I joined that Navy out of high school, I qualified with 45, 12ga, M14 (yes the fleet still had M14’s in the 80’s), the mounted 30 and 50. As anyone who was in the Navy knows, “qualified” means I was able to hit the ocean from inside the middle of the ocean lol. I did see one guy miss once, he hit the deck, not the ocean, lol. As for the 45 and 12ga it was a silhouette at ~25 yards, this is why you don’t see may sailors with marksmanship ribbons. I served 6 years, made 3rd Class (E4) a couple of times lol. Over the years I drifted away from shooting, I still have a few of my old guns, Remington Model 11, Marlin 30-30, a Remington tub mag 22. It has been so long since I shot them I need to take them to a smith and have the checked out. Today I’m a System of Systems Engineer working for a Defence contractor.

10 Likes

@Stephen132 - welcome to the community!

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you. Thank you for your service also.

5 Likes

@MrBagworm
Welcome!

5 Likes

@Stephen132
Welcome!

5 Likes

@Stephen132.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

4 Likes

Thanks Everyone

5 Likes

And I’d like to add my thanks to everyone, also. I’ve enjoyed seeing the various posts and adding a couple of cents worth of observations on occasion. Sometimes I might be a little snarky, but that seems to be common here…and I appreciate that… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

5 Likes