Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

LOL… I didnt say I was good, I just said I studied, and can handle myself. I know enough to handle most situations, but I am far from advanced. I would not want to rely on my hand to hand skills to protect my daughter.

To be honest, being large keeps me out of most trouble. People just back off.

( Funny thing; I was on the smaller side for being a bouncer… I usually was the point man to defuse the situation with words. The other guys behind me made me look tiny. )

7 Likes

Welcome to the family and God bless you brother.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

5 Likes

@BillA1120
Lol understood. I recently heard on an “active self protection” video (YouTube) a saying I love!

“Amy fight you talk your way out of, is a fight you have won”

Either way, you are in a good spot for learning and sharing your knowledge.

6 Likes

@BillA1120. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

5 Likes

Got to love it in America when buying any kind of insurance is a “choice” and not mandated by the government.
Welcome aboard @Roy21.

7 Likes

I’ve already made my first post elsewhere but I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself since my first post was already invaded by a troll who made numerous assumptions about me based on questions I never asked regarding AR Pistols.

Anyways - I’m a long time gun owner and USCCA CPL Instructor in the State of Michigan. I believe in keeping an open mind and asking a lot of questions when you do not have a complete understanding of things. I don’t presume or pretend to know anymore about firearms than anyone else. I’m here because I believe in what the USCCA stands for and I’m a believer sharing information and differential points of view and furthering education.

I look forward to being an active member of this community. Thanks

James

11 Likes

We’re glad you’re here @James537

5 Likes

Hello, friends TG12 in the house. I am so busy taking care of others, it’s hard for me to follow up.

8 Likes

@James537 Welcome to the community. Glad you’re here!

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @Tony30 glad you’re here!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community, train hard and keep safe. :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family and God bless you.

5 Likes

Welcome @Joseph187 and @Tony30!

6 Likes

Hello, my name is Brandon. I live in Michigan. I’m married and have 4 kids. They’re the reason I started carrying. I started my gun journey about a year ago. It’s since then become a hobby of mine. I haven’t had any formal training quite yet. That’s my next step. Best advice I’ve ever received is the 4 rules of gun safety. My favorite gun that I own is my Daniel Defense DDM4 pdw pistol. My favorite gun of all time would have to be the Barrett M82a1. I shoot pretty regularly. I need to get into more formal training. I have gotten my wife into guns. And my buddy and I talk guns every day. I hope to learn more about the legal side of things.

10 Likes

@Brandon48 Welcome to the community, you are in the right place for learning. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you.

6 Likes

Welcome to the group. For formal training, I recommend starting off with the USCCA defensive shooting class if you have not taking it yet. Great for newer shooters and even experienced.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @Brandon48 glad to have you here!

5 Likes

Welcome Brandon … Training is essential and should be done as soon as you can. The Basics are where you start, then soak up all you can from a certified trainer. Stay close to USCCA and read and watch videos as much as possible. Living in this world today you made a good choice. Stay safe and stay alert.

6 Likes