Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the community,train hard and stay safe. from Michigan :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

7 Likes

Personally, I have an Elite membership. Too much Insurance is never enough when you need it IMO. The cost is affordable and the benefits will well pay a dividend if ever needed. It’s your choice.

11 Likes

Welcome @ouichef @James400!

6 Likes

Welcome :pray:

6 Likes

Welcome ouichef from another socal person. Lots of info floating around here so don’t hesitate to ask any questions.

8 Likes

Alrighty, Hi there. I’m from MS and I have been talking to my wife about this for years. I watched USCCA for at least 2 years just to see if they were legit. I need to upgrade my ccs. I now carry a China Arms 7.62x25 Norinco Tokarov. There was a time when ammo was a little hard to come by but now?..I also have a 223/5.56. Ammo is pretty scarce for it too. I guess my most reliable is a 38 special I carry too.

Are there any thoughts on my 7.62x25?

7 Likes

Welcome to the family! @Steve118 you are in the right place!
This was the only decent review I could find on that round.
It is a high velocity low caliber cartridge which will certainly kill but has less stopping power than a higher caliber round . In an urban environment many would consider it an over penetrating round for home defense. It would be adequate, but I can’t recommend it.

4 Likes

If it’s accurate and reliable and you like it and will carry it it’s fine round. Welcome. :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family Steve118, :grinning:

4 Likes

Hello, I didnt see the welcome post, but I already posted in firearms training section. (After all… training is the best way to be safe )…

I am 53 and new to firearms.

I do not conceal carry, yet. I do not feel comfortable with firearms yet.

I have always been pro-gun, and believe that an armed society is a polite society.

We all have a right to defend ourselves that should never be infringed upon.

In the past, I have studied Krav Maga, and Taekwondo, and can handle myself in unarmed combat. I am 6’2" close to 300 lbs, and people usually never bothered me. I was once even a bouncer.

Because of these things, I never felt the need to have a gun. I also believed that if there was a situation that I couldn’t handle by physical means, that the police would have my back.

Things started to change when I adopted my daughter 5 years ago. Regardless of being large, and able to handle myself, a person with a gun would get through me quickly, and get to my family. I put the idea of gun ownership in the back of my head.

Then Covid19 hit…and I thought about police departments being wiped out by disease.
Soon after riots started, and the insane notion of defunding the police was being adopted. The world had gone nuts, and society breakdown may actually occur.

I decided to buy a gun.

I live in one of the most restrictive states in the country. Massachusetts, but I got my LTC.

My first gun is a pump action 12 gauge. I hope once I get used to it, that I may decide to conceal carry, and get a handgun. Baby steps.

I need to protect my family, and although I support them and hope the police will always be there for me, I do not want to take any chances. I am a Dad first and foremost, and I will protect my family with all I have. USCCA protects them, in case I have to do the unthinkable.

12 Likes

Welcome to the family @BillA1120 you’re in the right place! With that background in self defense, I wouldn’t feel the need for a gun either. Let us know if you have any questions!

6 Likes

Hi everyone.

I am Joseph. I live in NW Arkansas. I purchased my first firearm , a CZ P-07, in July, and went to the range for the first time last week and did well enough. I first had firearm experience in Boy Scouts and into my late teens. I went with a friend 2 years ago and practiced in a outdoor range, new experience.

When I was in my teens, I joined Explorer Scouts, which was sponsored and ran by the local Sheriffs Department. We would go to the range every few months, and would spend a week at the State Police Academy every year where we had more training. When I aged out at 18, I quit training (not smart.) I had a friend, who is also former Military and a firearms trainer, at work 2 years ago took me to the range near where he lived.

I have much to learn with firearms and the legal aspect of owning a firearm.

8 Likes

@BillA1120
Welcome!! I whole heatedly agree with @AdamHutch it is very easy to believe you do not need a gun when a good background in martial arts is present. And, it does definitely improve our survivability but, firearms are a VERY important tool! And that is coming from a female with 13 years of martial art that grow up being afraid of guns. So, I can understand the hesitation.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey @Joseph187 great to see you here! You are in the right place, and we’re here to help!

5 Likes

I also agree with @Proverbs31.10-31 having hand to hand skills are just one of the tools in the box of the escalation of force.

5 Likes

@Joseph187
Welcome!! Active military, vets, law enforcement and people with a sheepdog mindset are normally very good individuals to learn from. Did you get to learn first aid and CPR in the boy scouts?

5 Likes

Yes I learned first aid and CPR while in Boy Scouts and Explorer Scouts, but that was years ago. I need to take a first aid/CPR class again.

6 Likes

@Joseph187
Great idea! I had the privilege to take a CPR class. NO regrets! It was super informative and fun.

5 Likes