Welcome to the Community! Please Introduce Yourself

Good morning everyone

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Joining the community from Green Cove Springs, FL. Been spending some of my isolation time browsing through the various posts. What a great group of people.

5 Likes

Can someone tell me where I can go to get my ccw or to fill out the form I’m new on here thank you

1 Like

@Ms.Waters - can you tell us where you are?

1 Like

@Ms.Waters

Laws and requirements for concealed carry are different for different states and sometimes communities.

If you let us know where you are from i am sure there are people here who can help answer your question(s).

Don

2 Likes

I’m very happy to be a new member. I just bought an AK build kit. :+1:t2::us::heart:

7 Likes

I meant to say an AR 15

5 Likes

In Missouri

3 Likes

Dawn,
Yowza!

There are an awful lot of names there, on yr list of new “inquiries to USCCA”. I sincerely hope you did not enter them in, one by one, with your hands, fingers, and toes. That is a waste of time to the Nth degree. Hopefully, there is a program that collects information from all recent “wanderers” to the USCCA website, compiles it, and disseminates as needed.

That said,

Greetings and salutations!

Good morning. Oh. And what a beautiful morning it is! The sun is out, birds chirping, animals frolicking, and still a bit chilly.

What happened? “Global Warming” (snicker)? Global cooling, more like. I don’t know about you and your evidence that could prove warming and cooling either way, but for me personally, it’s all propaganda.

Oh. You might want to get a cuppa joe, this introduction may take a while. I have a propensity for veering off the main path (topic at hand), and wandering down raccoon paths on my way to said destination. The destination here, of course, being an introduction. That was the purpose of your email after all, correct? Unless, of course, you were using the opportunity to introduce yourself, not really wanting a reply from the peanut gallery, which is just as likely to be your target audience, as much as the group I could be considered to be a part of, the great thunkers of the werld at large. No. That’s not a typo. Thunkers is a real word. Maybe not defined correctly by “The Urban Dictionary”, but a valid word, just the same.

Yep. We are currently on a raccoon path (Be right back. Gotta put more wood on the fire).

Ok. Whooo-eeee. For this part of the house being the newest addition, it sure is drafty. Fireplace helps, but only if it’s already warm in here. If one is attempting to make this room warm, from a state of being ice cold, it takes about a half cord of wood to get it into one sweater weather (which is walking around the house in one sweater, not the 5 sweaters your father would have you wear).

“Daaaad. I’m cold!”

• “Put on a sweater”.

Aw. Gee. Thanks dad. Always with the answer to life’s conundrums.

Cold?

Put on a sweater.

Hungry?

Eat something.

Thirsty?

Drink something.

Well, I did say introduction. So here goes.

Name is Ezra Spurlock

47, soon to be 48 years old. Live in the Pacific northwest. Find myself in this particular area of Washington due to it’s “closeness” to JBLM.

Retired. Businessman. Entrepreneur. Business owner. Registered Snohomish county Republican.

I have a question:

Why was my application for membership denied based on my state of residence?

I thank you ahead of time for your timely response.

Till then,

Ezra Spurlock

US Army (ret)

Honest Abe Inc. CFO, Secretary

4 Likes

Just wanted to chime in and say Hello hopefully everyone had a good Easter… David " Doc " just completed the instructor course.past LEO and NRA instructor.

6 Likes

@Ezra Welcome to the community! Go to the upper right hand corner and use the magnifying glass to search for USCCA and Washington State. There are five other topics that can help answer your questions. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy.

3 Likes

Good afternoon. My name it Thomas im from south central Wisconsin . I have been carrying concealed for many years but just recently got smart and joined USCCA. The community seems absolutely amazing so far. The amount of knowledge and helpful people is great. I’m proud to be a member and look forward to great conversations and advise from my new family. Thanks and keep up the great work USCCA.

5 Likes

Welcome everyone, so many new names today. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

3 Likes

Bruce,
Thanks for the info.

"Knock, knock’.

Who’s there?

"The interrupting cow’

The interrup… “hey can I borrow some milk?”

Have a great day!

Ezra

3 Likes

I am Mike
I have been a member for many years but have not yet been a part of this community. Looks good

6 Likes

Hello! My Name is Kevin and I live in North Carolina. I am a college professor (my third career, for the past 12 years) and a card carrying Republican. I know, I know, a rare find in the Academy. In my earlier years I was in Banking & Finance for 26 years and then 10 years in Insurance and Financial Services. I owned a Nationwide Insurance Agency and finished my career in Insurance with the largest fraternal in the US, Thrivent Financial.

I am a collector and shooing enthusiast. I just changed my screen name today. I was formerly listed as Kevin 120. I prefer my new name HenryRugerGlockSr. Yes, those are my preferred brands to shoot and I am a collector of all of them.

I have been a member since 2013 and licensed to carry concealed since 1995. EDC is a Glock 42. Back up is a Bond Arms .357 3in.

I will be retiring in the next year or so, and I am considering becoming an NRA Instructor and a CC Instructor here in NC. A man has to keep busy and out of the house when he retires, or so says my bride of 46 years. In my last post as Kevin 120, I described my new gun range, constructed on my property, here in NC. I now have a 100 Yard rifle and pistol range, @80 Yards from my back porch.

Life is Good!

3 Likes

It sounds like we know where the next USCCA NC get together is going to be. Please tell me that you also have a smoker nearby!

3 Likes

@Ms.Waters
@Zee

I am tagging one of our community Moderators and USCCA instructors who lives in Missouri and is very knowledgeable on your states gun laws. She can add or correct me if I give you incomplete or incorrect information.

If I am not mistaken Missouri is now a Constitutional Carry state and you are not required to have a Concealed Carry permit to carry in the state of Missouri (as a resident).

The only reason you would need one is if you were going to travel out of Missouri and needed it for reciprocity with other states.

Zee will be able to give you more detailed information on what you will need to do to get that CCL.

3 Likes

what I do plan on traveling on the roadside would like to be able to carry my weapon please give me the information thank you so much

4 Likes

The USCCA app and Web site can help a lot. I also like the book available here - http://bookvalueusa.com/.

3 Likes