We knew it was coming

6 Likes

That’s why I have been over stocking, I was sure this was coming, I’m good for the next year on practice ammo. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The link didn’t work for me. Got an error message when I got there.

1 Like

Hmmm. Just tapped it and it works for me. Anyone else?

2 Likes

What did you really expect? The price of gas was $l.89 a gallon before Obama and his incompetent boobs took over. The only resolve you have is to shop smart, and make damned sure you don’t settle for second-best.

2 Likes

"Vista Outdoor, the leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition, announced earlier this year that “supply chain constraints and increases in our raw materials” will result in “price increases to help offset those rising costs.”

Price hikes will begin on April 1 for Vista Outdoor ammo brands, including CCI, Federal, Hevi–Shot, Remington, and SPEER. The ammo and component price increases are as follows:

• Primers – 5%
  • Powder – 5%
  • Handgun – 2-8%
  • Rifle – 3-8%
  • Shotgun – 3-12%

Vista Outdoor revealed April’s price increases back in December when the Bloomberg Industrial Metals Subindex Index was 40% lower than current prices today, which suggests ammo prices could be headed much higher than what was initially forecasted in December."

3 Likes

Me too. So long as I can afford it I intend to replenish my ammo pantry as I shoot to maintain a year supply. However, I may shoot less, too.

6 Likes

Dateline today (14Mar22) — news flash! Extry! Extry! Read all about it!
“Vista announces 3 months ago that prices will rise 5% to 10% a month from now!”
:yawning_face:

Compared to the past 2-3 years, five to ten percent announced a full quarter in advance doesn’t move the needle for people who aren’t day-trading ammo futures. And is already baked in for those who are.

Also since December — world at war; Russian ammo changes direction; US ammo changes direction; anti-maskers win the public health battle. Factor all that in for us, and let us know what we should
brad2
really expect in the coming weeks, Mr Durdeen.

1 Like

Wait, what? When did ammo prices stop going up?

12 Likes

that might be a sign… this is only rumor about rising prices… :wink:

1 Like

This link about Rumors will work…

2 Likes

Yup, rumor.
Although, my neighbor orders for her department, when she placed the order her ammunition rep said the prices were going up by 30%.

3 Likes

Oh, I thought you meant…

I’m just too conventional. :blush:

4 Likes

See, that would be news.
Unfortunately, predictable — but a change from “things are getting back to normal.”

2 Likes

I guess I am just a bit younger… :sunglasses: I actually have that album - as an actual record.

2 Likes

With 230 grain Ball 45 .ACP Ammo at $32 a Box I am so glad I have 9 mm’s, don’t mention 5.7 X 28 though.

3 Likes

I had no doubt.

6 Likes

Same. About a year. Might put in one more order worth about 3 months.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I have pretty much my whole record collection — just don’t have a functional stereo anymore.
:broken_heart:

2 Likes