We can now look forward to tens of thousands of Ukrainian refugees coming to America

It could just be a function of online communication, but I’m having a hard time accepting that you “never said they were bad ppl generally” when the next thing you do is question “their religion” and then suggest that a family member of mine could be using his good qualities for nefarious purposes.

We all have the capacity for good and evil, regardless of where we come from. Ideally, we should worry less about who can “assimilate” into our society and think more in terms of how they can (or can’t) contribute. U.S. society certainly has its own illnesses; we don’t necessarily need everyone to conform to it.

There are multiple cultures on this Earth, and they are diverse in their traditions and standards of behavior, and interpretation of what is a crime.
There are cultures which accept marriage to a 10 year old, and others where this is considered worst crime, and for both it is a tradition going back many centuries.
There are cultures where criticism of religious dogma is at the basis of public discourse, and others which punish it by death.
There are cultures where they call upon a doctor to amputate thieves’ limbs, and others where they call upon a doctor to kill unborn baby, and they consider the other behavior criminal.

Who can call the people who conform to their cultural traditions, and have been law-obedient in their own countries -bad people, ever. But for an immigrant to come to the country of different system of values, how can they stop being who they are?

Do you see what I am saying?

Yes, it makes sense. By the same token, though, we have those issues without any immigration, and probably always will. We have people who practice polygamy, but other people think it’s an abomination and have made it illegal. We have people who think drugs and alcohol will destroy our society, but we have other people who revel in it (legally or illegally). I could go on. However, when someone willingly joins our society and becomes a citizen, they pledge to “support and defend” our laws, which is more than most of us have ever done unless we joined the military or elected office. Plus, no matter how different that first generation may seem, their kids will grow up American, and it will drive their parents crazy. So I guess I’m just not as worried about immigrants as others.

Note that refugees are not citizens, nor even permanent residents. So if we’re strictly speaking about Ukrainian refugees, then “assimilation” isn’t even a topic. We don’t have to integrate refugees into our society.

1 Like

Suppose they are not always completely honest?

This worked really well in France, Sweden, etc. But the US is different, it will work here, sure.

In some cases, immigrants are more American than Americans. Remember the “rooftop Koreans”?
I am not worried about immigration as a general concept, I am however worried about immigration from specific countries, as well as demolished filters that stood guard against increasing criminality in this country through immigration.

I’ll give you a 0.5% chance that the refugee wants to leave the US to go to their half-ruined country, rather than become a US citizen.

1 Like

But if we were to go to their county of origin, they would expect us to integrate to their norms and culture. Why are they given a pass when it comes to our society and cultural norms. The left DEMANDS that we give up our beliefs to make the immigrant comfortable in our society.

Go to a middle east country and don’t and lets see how fast you become a second class citizen.

1 Like

Let me quote a verse from the quran. S3:28
Let not believers take disbelievers as allies rather than believers. And whoever [of you] does that has nothing with Allah , except when taking precaution against them in prudence

9:123
O you who have believed, fight those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshness

Yeah, lying is mandatory for them.

1 Like

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalm 137:9

Christians believe in infanticide.
Not really, but if the game is taking scriptures out of context to smear large groups of people, I’ll play.

Then they are not just citizens, they’re electable.

There is no context to the kango-ran. Morhammered gave verses in spurts and put together from longest chapter to the shortest. Listen, I’ve done my research. If any cherry picking is happening, its from muslims.

Why is there abrogation in the kango-ran? Did aloha not know what to say the first time or was morhammered an idiot?

I really didn’t want to go down this path. Islam, the only religion that tells you to put your brain in the trash to accept it.

Answer this for me. In order for me to become a muslim, I have to learn about morhammered’s sex life. How does that help me worship god better?

I’m not going to take religious advice from someone who thinks it’s clever to mis-spell names.
You should move on to the next person, I’m not an easy target. Something about old dogs and new tricks.

Im not the one that said the above and from your answers you don’t know sh1t about is-lame. Ive read the kango-ran and watched Christians scholars debate muslim scholars multiple times. If any religion needs insulting its is-lame. Did you know morhammered married a girl when she was six, sex with her at nine, ordered the death of ppl even if they were standing behind the curtains of the Kaaba, had sex with Mary the Copt in Aisha’s bed, who is called the mother of is-lame, he owned, sold and traded slaves. Called black ppl raisen-heads…you want me to go on?

Im not an easy target either, weed

Oh good. Before you were just calling other people names. I was afraid you were going to leave me out of it. Now that someone has come up with a way to mis-spell my name, I can start a rap career.

Just like a pagan rock kisser, can’t or won’t answer a question. Goodbye pig

Here is a thought. Now with all those arms we are sending to Ukraine, we could probably see some of those arms smuggled back into the US. We are all Ukrainian Pizza Delivery driver away from the black market in Odessa. I know where my tax return is going. Gonna buy me some Military Hardware out of Ukraine!!!

1 Like

I recently heard a great argument that the Ukraine scenario is exactly why we have the 2nd Amendment. Any arms we ship to Ukraine for them to use should be available for U.S. citizens to buy.

3 Likes