Washington's Assault Weapon Ban Has Passed Out of the Senate

The ban has to go back to the house and then is expected to go to the Governor’s office by next Thursday to be signed into law.

1 Like

Have you found a new state yet?

5 Likes

From economical perspective, once you sell the assault weapon and stay where you are, you are gonna save a lot of money not moving out. :point_up:

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Just pinch the nose, and dont think about more bans they may seek to enact.

3 Likes

I know it sounds sarcastic but if making a law not to use a particular weapon to commit a crime doesn’t stop the crime from happening. Do they think banning the weapon will stop the crime from happening. You would think they learned their lesson with the no gun signs in schools.

6 Likes

I even stopped commenting this BS. It was never about making life safer. All this it’s just political agenda and unfortunately the bad times make this agenda easy to be implemented.

We all know that any kind gun control changes nothing, making criminal more powerful than before.
Every single mass shooting instead of bringing more security to the facilities and places causes pointless debating and more gun limitation. This is the route that bringing us closer to the edge… and one day another morosoph will decide to make another step forward…

A 2023-04-09 10-21-32

5 Likes

Agreed, what’s left of the 2nd amendment is all that stand between their complete control.

5 Likes

So I must ask, Are they, the political elite, actually sitting around in the back room talking about how, if unarmed, the lowly citizens would be easier to control and fleece. Or do they ‘Really Believe’ that banning this weapon or limiting that ammo or making being there illegal makes society safer? Watching history play out I have my opinion. They ignore certain facts and statistics about gun ownership and crime rates while exploiting opinions that look good in headlines like “More guns equal more gun violence” and “untrained civilians with guns make society more dangerous”. I guess I’m a little too Patriotic and want to believe that we, the American Citizen, will do the right thing even if it goes against the politic of the day.

4 Likes

I hope there are more Patriots like you…

4 Likes

I have been there. It is about emotion and fear clouding one’s mind so they/we /I can’t make a rational decision about guns. As far as the politicians go it is about telling the people what they want to here to get votes and keep their jobs.

2 Likes

In March I drove 6,000 miles over the month from the 11th to the 27th. I went down to California then across the 40 to New Mexico, down into Texas, then back to New Mexico and Arizona. We ventured all across Arizona just like we did New Mexico. Then we ventured through Nevada then back home.

I found areas I liked and areas I cannot afford. I was even offered a job in Texas but there wasn’t a house in site of the place. So, I guess I have to say not as of yet, but I know which areas I do like.

3 Likes

I also find it confusing that the M-1 and M-14 have not been considered military style of weapons. Now we have what is a lightweight smaller round weapon used in the military and they jump all over that as an evil and scarier weapon.
As for the school shootings, I remember all the bomb threats at school. How times have changed.

3 Likes

I suspect that many people in positions of power have their own underlying conscious and subconscious fears and objectives that motivate them. They then likely look for other positions that align with their underlying motivations and push those positions forward regardless of how illogical they are since those positions will move their own personal agendas ahead as well.

After awhile some likely start believing in the side agendas they are pushing. That way they don’t have to admit to themselves and everyone else that they are actual just working for their own personal gain.

In the case of self defense rights the 2A makes it rather difficult to disarm everyone all at once in order to secure their positions of power. So they have to settle for chipping away a couple pieces at a time.

4 Likes

Nope, just ask Paul Pelosi

3 Likes

It hurts my head to agree with @Robert1246. I need an aspirin and a steam.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl::joy::joy::v:

:sauropod::t_rex::sauropod::t_rex::sauropod:(RAWR Dinosaur’s)

6 Likes

This.

I firmly believe that many who push gun control know the reasons they are giving are fraudulent, but so long as people believe those reasons they will keep chugging as the end result (in terms of disarmament) is the same, what they tell people to get there doesn’t really matter

3 Likes

I saw a little clip of a guy getting asked what an Assault weapon was and all he could answer was an AK47! Whew, that makes me feel good! I would hate to have an assault weapon! :crazy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :crazy_face: :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Here you go @Todd30. Just like they asked for. Feel free to share it :eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl::v:

25z3gn

:sauropod::sauropod::t_rex::t_rex::t_rex: (RAWR Dinosaur’s)

4 Likes

That much salt could be dangerous… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Na Cl :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like