Warning - Do Not do this on here or the Internet

I know how that works, I know what a frame is, and I don’t care what the ATF website says. All I’m saying is that you can’t trace a gun that has no serial number to figure out where it came from in the event of a crime if it has no serial number.

ATF: “Yes, poly80, can you please tell me who you sold a black piece of plastic to?”
Poly80: “yeah, do you have a sn?”
ATF: “it doesn’t appear to have one.”
POLY80: “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Here’s 500000 names, pick one.”

Compared to s&w

ATF: " YES, I have this serial number, can you tell me where you shipped it to?"
S&w: " sure can! It at the academy in Galveston. Here’s the address…"
ATF: calls academy “can you tell me who bought sn: 929364738393736463627282635463?”
Freaking academy: " billy bob jangles bought it 7/15/2010"

ATF: goes to talk to Mr. Jangles.

3 Likes

My point was that it does not matter who owned it. What actually matters is who committed the crime. It does not matter what tool may or may not have been used in the crime. Our laws have assigned certain penalties for using a firearm in the commission of a crime that are in excess of the penalty assigned to the same crime that was committed without a firearm. I personally do not see a valid argument for that system, and it surely has not prevented criminals from using firearms in crimes.

5 Likes

Those interested in showing and talking about your guns might give the phone app called ( Signal ) a look and decide if it is for you. It has to be on both phones it claims to be secure you will have to decide how secure it really is. Just a FYI

2 Likes

Don’t take a photo using APPS on your smartphone either, unless you’ve protected your files or clearly understand how many of your “Apps” can access effectively ALL the information on your smartphone, and sent it to anyone, anywhere…whatever they want to do with it.
Many “apps” have you agree to “Permissions” when you install them. The “Permissions” information tells you what resources on your phone it can access and use. MANY “apps” that have no business requiring access to ALL your photos, emails, texts, etc (for example, a simple voice recorder) ARE GIVEN FULL ACCESS to those when you install the “app”. The “Permissions” content info in the play store is not displayed unless YOU click on “Permissions” to see it and read it.
Far too many apps also “require” access to ALL your files and storage, FULL control of your network, etc etc even when they do NOT require access to perform their base function.
This is something far too many people do not understand, and they never even look at the details in the “Permissions” field. In some cases, installing an “App” that requires virtually global access to everything on your smartphone may be convenient…but it sure makes your phone open to abuse by an unscrupulous “App” programmer.

3 Likes

Also…if you are an amateur radio operator and a gun owner, never post a photo of your gun next to anything that displays your Call Sign or use your call sign on the radio while making a video or taking a pic.
Why?..Because your federally issued radio call sign is available online and accessible to anyone, and it is required to provide your HOME address except under special circumstances. This DOXes you to any anti-gun person or organization out there.
In fact, I would suggest not even ever showing or saying your call sign at any time in any social media especially if you are discussing political topics. There are just too many crazies out there.
I would bet the amateur radio callsign database is one of the first online resources people go to dox folks who are conservatives, gun-owners, survivalists, etc…I believe conservatives are likelier to be amateur radio operators, and often belong to weather emergency REACT groups, volunteer to help sheriff’s office emergency communications, help with communications at public events, and similar helpful voluntary positions around the world.

I believe the 'Ham" public database is going to be a real problem in helping those who plan to initiate fake “Red Flag” reports when “Red Flag” laws are widely passed or attempted to be instituted by Executive Order.

4 Likes

All non serialized 80%, ghost guns, Winnie the Pooh,

1 Like

Doesn’t the ATF and FBI already know what guns we own? Everytime I buy a gun, they run a NICS check. I assume that info is databased somewhere.

5 Likes

Bank of America did it. They gave up info on a lot of people who bought firearms and more. What’s to say google and Facebook wouldn’t follow suit?? I agree, keep your privacy -just that-PRIVATE.

7 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Mike191 and you are in the right place at the right time.

Yep, In the distant past I was also guilty. Long time ago before becoming a member. In went back an deleted a bunch of great photos because of this. Probably be good idea not to show license plates in photos also. I have never done that but see folks who do… There are mant ways to loose our info and these are sure 2 of them

2 Likes

Thank you so much my friend!! It’s a pleasure to be a member of this family. Hope all is well with you and yours. Thank you again very much, and STAY SAFE. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

I was looking at Facebook and they had a fun little .(game). You answer questions and it tells you something about yourself. I notice some of the questions changed but they were the same questions. Just like a phycological test. Even the little " FUN" things are something that goes beyond just for fun! BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

5 Likes

I agree with you ammunition shortage is not an accident.

2 Likes

The government has no business know which guns, knives, fishing gear, bows, etc., we own. Way over stepping.

9 Likes

Location of mine are out there on the water with grid coordinates of #$%^^% I(**)) by )(@%Y&OYY. HA!

2 Likes

Same here. I was taking them to a friend on the other side of the lake, when we got swamped. When I turned in a claim to the insurance company, they said the boat was registered, but the guns were not. They paid for the boat. but I had to eat the loss of my entire collection. My Dad’s old M1 carbine was irreplaceable, anyway.

2 Likes

Is this acceptable? Space Aliens Abducted all my firearms for further study of earth technology?

6 Likes

Don’t worry, detective. They only got my 1911, so their intel is a century behind.

8 Likes

In a gun shop… If you buy the poly80 with cash, no store surveillance? maybe HAHAHAHAHAH…

1 Like