Virginia Self Defense incident

After reading this article, I read one of the article’s comments (which appeared to be from a female poster) and wondered about people’s thoughts on the young ladys’ take.

The article:

The commenters’ take:
[Mrs. Sunshine]

Not guilty. Should not have been indicted in the first place.
Persecutor was criminalizing self-defense.

A reasonable person would believe the stranger getting in his face in an aggressive manner and not backing down upon vocal commands was a threat. Especially when our outlaw government is flooding the country with dangerous criminals and terrorists.

9 Likes

I go around purposely committing crimes, catching them on video, Post them for everyone to see looking for cred. Someone defended their self against a serial criminal and gets arrested? That folks is a description of plain old madness.

8 Likes

Mess with the bull, get the horn.

8 Likes

A large, young man with an accomplice confronts a slightly-built man, who is a delivery driver, and will not relent. Since delivery drivers are assaulted, shot/killed often enough, being confronted in that manner, I could see where he would be concerned. He obviously is aware that his job is dangerous, since he carried a handgun. After seeing some of that guy’s other videos, I am suprised he hadn’t been beaten or shot previously. He is a complete amoral moron. The worst is the victim is paying the penalty for this moron’s behavior.

7 Likes

A lot more people are going to get hurt if Brandon remains in office!
He’s awash in the blood of ordinary Americans! A disgrace to civilization!

They have “climate change”, I’m glad to say, we have FAFO!
I do however recommend less lethal, Bear or any kind of pepper spray.
A shame, Sarin or VX gas in a can is not available yet!
Don’t argue, it’s less lethal for at least 20 - 30 minutes!
You want to be a YouTuber? Better dress appropriately…

5 Likes

Not sure why police sit on their behinds despite video evidence of multiple crimes committed. “Stealing luggage at the airport” prank and still walking free - you’ve got to be kidding me.

The driver didnt do anything wrong.

6 Likes

That clown is very lucky to still be breathing.Karma will get this douche,wait and see.Hes already proved a shroud of idiocy won’t stop a bullet.

2 Likes

I have seen youtube videos about USCCA dropping this guy (Alan Colie) from coverage. Does anyone know if this is true and why? It might just be propaganda against USCCA, just looking for more info.

See this thread:

I called to cancel my membership and they said that he was being represented by USCCA. However I can not find anything official from USCCA saying this exactly? I do however see a bunch of articles saying that he was dropped.

1 Like

Contrary to what you may be hearing from competitors, coverage in the Alan Colie case is not and was never denied. The insurance company, Universal Fire and Casualty Insurance Company (UFCIC) has been and continues to be in contact with Mr. Colie. Mr Colie is currently represented by an attorney whose fees are being paid for thanks to his USCCA Member benefits, and who is seeking an appeal.

7 Likes

I think calling is the best method. Go directly to the source and hear it yourself. Good call. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You can all also check out Tim addressing this here:

4 Likes

Thank you USCCA for being there for us when evil people try and destroy our LIVES FOR DEFENDING OUR SELVES AND WE DO NOT WANT PROBLEMS BUT THEY SEEK US OUT IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW WHEN WE DO THE RIGHT THING YOU THE USCCA HAS OUR BACK AND EVEN BECAUSE WE ARE NOT RICH. WE CAN CALL OUR NUMBER FOR THE PROBLEM AND IF WE ARE IT THE RIGHT YOU THE USCCA GIVES US HOPE . AND THE TRAINING TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND OUR SELVES AND . Not just be LEFT BY OUR SELVES TO FACE THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ALONE THANK YOU . Bobby Jean and Debbie ann :us::us::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::chile::bangbang:

1 Like

The problem with the Alan Colie case is that the video seems to show him using deadly force (his pistol) in response a threat that did not appear to be at the level of possible death or significant bodily harm. Applying the five elements needed for a successful self defense claim (innocence, imminence, avoidance, proportionality, and reasonableness) the situation called into question both the proportionality and reasonableness of his action.
That said, the final outcome of the trial looks like the jury agreed the idiot YouTube pranker deserved at least a healthy @$$-whuppin.

2 Likes

Hard to believe that UFCIC is paying a Public Defender. Adam Pouilliard is listed in the court record as Adam’s attorney. According to a basic Google Search and the linked article, “Adam Pouilliard of the Public Defender’s Office…”.

Dulles Town Center Mall Shooting Case Sent to Grand Jury | Public Safety | loudounnow.com

Mr Colie did not share why he chose a public defender. But he did, and currently there is an appeal with an attorney who is being paid by USCCA member benefits. Alan was never denied coverage

And this is honestly quite a lot of information to be shared for a current, ongoing legal matter of a member

5 Likes

Appellate law is a different legal specialty than criminal defense. It is normal to get a new lawyer for any appeal

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @matthew44

3 Likes

I think the jury agreed that Alan Collie didn’t have “malicious intent”. As I believe he wasn’t reasonably defending himself, but they charged him with malicious intent.

But good thing I’m not in charge.

2 Likes